15 8.5%

22 12.4%

19 10.7%

33 18.6%

52 29.4%

• Total voters

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
I'm not currently in a position where I can listen to this, but I just caught the poll results, and YEESH! You don't really ever see that unless a big fan favorite loses an NF, which doesn't seem to've happened here...how bad can a song really be? My loins are girded for when I actually give this a listen.

BernadetteCydonia

Re: ICELAND 2018

Well at least this was my second favourite so I can't complain ;)

No wait I take that back. :?

So, SO gutted for Iceland. Cba to remember if this was my last (and from the thumbnail I'm guessing it wasn't) but I felt cheated out by having my stream lag and think Í stormi won... :(

But... Gold Digger...

carl1

wow, Iceland will NQ 4th time in a row. This is the worst song of the year for me.
I give 1 points, because I am a nice person and don't ever give 0.

nunaney

I'm not currently in a position where I can listen to this, but I just caught the poll results, and YEESH! You don't really ever see that unless a big fan favorite loses an NF, which doesn't seem to've happened here...how bad can a song really be? My loins are girded for when I actually give this a listen.

It reminds me a bit of Norway's entry from 2010 but even cheesier and with worse high notes.

ZoboCamel

I haven't followed Songvakeppnin this year past watching some recaps/top 10s of the songs on YouTube, and after this result... I'm glad I didn't. I Stormi was kind of average, but had its positives; this is just bland, painful cheese. 1 point - because he's at least got nice vocals when he's not missing high notes - and this goes to the bottom of my list.

What happened, Iceland? You used to be one of my favourite countries at Eurovision xcry

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
It reminds me a bit of Norway's entry from 2010 but even cheesier and with worse high notes.

Wow, you know how to make me tick. Bracing myself even harder than before.

ZoboCamel

For a bit of a preview: remember Dina Garipova's "What If", but significantly worse in every possible way.

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
For a bit of a preview: remember Dina Garipova's "What If", but significantly worse in every possible way.

Norway 2010, Russia 2013...oh god...I'm in a loud, crowded restaurant but now feel the need to sneak away to the bathroom for a couple seconds just to see what all the fuss is about.

Entario

I am so pleased that "I stormi" and "Golddigger" lost.

Golddigger was absolute rubbish. I admit that Dagur had the most powerful voice of the night, but his song was pure snoozefest.

Ari is okay for me, but will probably struggle to qualify. He was my 2nd favourite. I am still gutted about Battleline coming second to last. :(

Trece

Han Hazretleri
Staff member

And as i said on other page, this song from russia could be top10 in final :lol:

Leydan

Super Moderator
Staff member
Norway 2010, Russia 2013...oh god...I'm in a loud, crowded restaurant but now feel the need to sneak away to the bathroom for a couple seconds just to see what all the fuss is about.

No. Stay sat, turn the volume up and press play. Bless every single person in that restaurant with the delight that Iceland has given us. You wont regret it. xshifty

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Gosh, I absolutely loathe those lyrics........ that chorus. It does something melodically specifically towards the end that kind of turns on my feel senses........ hard to... resist.......... but will avoid..................................... AH I LIKE IT 7 POINTS FOR NOW. Shoot me. End my life. Song gets so goddamn dramatic that I can't ignore it. If somehow we could ease erase those lyrics, then we'd be golden and I wouldn't have to feel embarrassed about the fact that final chorus makes me want to strip naked and twirl in euphoric bliss. I hate you Iceland........ 8 points.

Kairit

The poll results are hilarious. Holy hell. :lol: Knew this would win from the start. But yeah, it's pretty bad. I don't mind the Icelandic studio version, I think it's pretty nice, but the English one, especially live is a cringefest, those lyrics .... I have hope they can stage it well and uplift this song though xthink

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

Please, "What If" wishes it was "Our Choice". "Our Choice" is the stuff of...................................................... people.

Leydan

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gosh, I absolutely loathe those lyrics........ that chorus. It does something melodically specifically towards the end that kind of turns on my feel senses........ hard to... resist.......... but will avoid..................................... AH I LIKE IT 7 POINTS FOR NOW. Shoot me. End my life. Song gets so goddamn dramatic that I can't ignore it. If somehow we could ease erase those lyrics, then we'd be golden and I wouldn't have to feel embarrassed about the fact that final chorus makes me want to strip naked and twirl in euphoric bliss. I hate you Iceland........ 8 points.

"What if I could change the path of time? What if I had the power to decide? What if I could make us unified? If I, if I" xsing

Yes i'm sure you really like Russia 2013 Icelands entry.

sorry not sorry xo :cool:

RoSSerb

Banned
Well done

I'm pleasantly surprised how much this simple song and unobtrusive, and at the same time great

His vocal is impeccable and charisma at 100%
The melody is very modest but pleasant to hear , with a successful gradation that follows perfectly his vocals.
authentic .. good song.

8 from me

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
Aww, it's not as bad as :no: 2010 or :ru: 2013. https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/damn_with_faint_praise

It's still bad though. It struts and flets between so many different versions of "uplifting" that could all MAYBE work if they had the right personalities for each of them, and unfortunately, this kid is none of the personalities that could make a song like this work. It just comes off very forgettable and uninspiring.

3 points, and sweet Buster Posey, that makes me one of this song's most ardent defenders...

Sean

Admin
Staff member
This is Lithuania 2008 / Lithuania 2011 levels of bad

Top Bottom