12 5.0%

4 1.7%

2 0.8%

4 1.7%

15 6.3%

• Total voters

A-lister

Veteran
Well, Juries supported Zeljko, Aliona Moon, Urban Symphony, Harel Skaat etc... so they proved that its the Song that matters and that Local Sounds have a chance too. Albania at least gave a Great VocalPerformance and had the only Rocksong, so it makes Sense that Juries supported it, although I believe that it was mostly the TV who supported Albania. And As I said, im pretty sure that "Neutral" Countries like LT/BY/CZ etc.. had Greece not even in Range of Top10 in the TV..

I wouldn't exaggerate and call it "support" in all those cases, but sure it's not like they are always against it, but if you look back since 2009 when juries jumped onboard again, in particular since 2010 forward, you can clearly see that they often punished local sounding entries (also good ones), and in particular it's like they can't stand the combo of ethno/local/folk with native language. If you go back even further before televoting was even introduced, they were often downgrading ethnic sounding entries even back in the days, so it's not a new phenomena. Greece didn't start to do good in Eurovision until televotes were introduced, and you can blame it all on diaspora, but I think it's to simplify things, I think the public feel more attached to local stuff and find it interesting, wheres juries for some reason in too many cases prefer the "good ol' safe western sound". We will see when we will see the split votes for this semi, but I do think Greece made it on televotes, but I could be wrong, it's just a feeling I have.

QwaarJet

ESC Moderator
If the juries are behind this not qualifying (I wouldn't be surprised!), it just proved the point I made over and over again that they are having an anti- European agenda killing all ethno/local sounding entries. It's a shame because Greece sent one of its best entries in years and were true to themselves. Surely the live performance wasn't that thrilling, and her vocals weren't top notch, but as a whole package and particular the song it deserved to qualify no doubt about that. So far the most unfair results of this season.

This for sure deserved a final more than Albania, Finland, Ireland and Lithuania imo xshrug This had identity, can't say the same about those.

It didn't really have identity. That was all stripped away in the staging. You admitted the live performance "wasn't thrilling" and that she vocally off, and you still think it was robbed? In studio, this song is fantastic, and hovers in and out of my top 10. But I was very let down by the live performance, and I'm not really sure it deserved to qualify.

I just hope it doesn't put Greece off from sending ethno entries, especially because that crap they sent last year qualified and this didn't. Sadly, they may place it safe next year, as this elimination is a total disaster for them.

John1

Areti Ketime would have done better.xshrug

EvNickGR

I do believe too, that Juries killed us...they never vote for Greece, only one time. Such a shame.

A-lister

Veteran
It didn't really have identity. That was all stripped away in the staging. You admitted the live performance "wasn't thrilling" and that she vocally off, and you still think it was robbed? In studio, this song is fantastic, and hovers in and out of my top 10. But I was very let down by the live performance, and I'm not really sure it deserved to qualify.

I just hope it doesn't put Greece off from sending ethno entries, especially because that crap they sent last year qualified and this didn't. Sadly, they may place it safe next year, as this elimination is a total disaster for them.

You know that the song is part of the performance right? And the song has lots of identity, and I didn't say the performance was a disaster either, just that i wished for more and better, but it's still a solid entry and even with the performance it deserved to qualify.

Well, if we're continue have juries that will downgrade all ethno entries, then we will see less of them, that's just the sad conclusion and we can see the decline of entries like these since the juries were brought back, it's no coincidence. It's hardly encouraging countries/broadcasters to go down this route if they will fail for doing so xshrug

znajta

Areti Ketime would have done better.xshrug

Hell no! We would've been last in the semi with Areti Ketime and we would've got only some points from Cyprus. Also the perfomance would've been a absolute trainwreck. Also the staging would've been a mixture of Utopian Land & Legenda. A Disaster.

John1

Hell no! We would've been last in the semi with Areti Ketime and we would've got only some points from Cyprus. Also the perfomance would've been a absolute trainwreck. Also the staging would've been a mixture of Utopian Land & Legenda. A Disaster.

OMG PLEASE. A Greek and ethnic entry from :gr: like "Don't Forget The Sun" would have carried me away like never before. I'm still listening to Areti's entry. xheat

tararaaam

That was sad. So weak stage-wise. And I accuse both Portuguese and Greek for that, seemed like the former couldn't handle anything, and the latter couldn't understand that simple and empty are two REALLY different things.
Wasted song.

ESCREGION

I don't want to believe this but on a greek tv station told that greek delegation had sent 4 different stagings before the one we saw but production team rejected all of them!!
Anyway today yianna said that is a rest day and tomorrow she will talk about everything!!

toinou03

The problem is that in an interview we did with my :fr: blog, she said that the song is a dialogue between :gr: and Greeks. But Eurovision is a dialogue with the whole Europe. You can't just speak to your country. It's brave to incarnate your traditions, your culture, your folklore, but it has a hard time reaching people. You have to be universal, but you can do it with your own arms...

spinachpie

Staging was average, but her vocals, honestly were also flat and not powerful for such a song either.

Realest

But with the exception of Argo, :gr: has always been in the juries' top 10 in the semi. Even with Aphrodisiac.:eek: xrofl2

Whats so funny about that?

Top Bottom