12 5.0%

4 1.7%

2 0.8%

4 1.7%

15 6.3%

• Total voters

DenizESC

Banned
I am the only one that enjoyed everything here I guess, even the staging tbh xrose

She looked like an exotic goddess to me xheat I loved the true Greek elements this song had. Sad it didn't make the finale,robbed!

ESCREGION

This was one of my favourite greek entries last 5 years...And it's robbed!!!
Anyway Eleni you know what to do!!Revenge for Greece!!! #Cyprus2019
:cy::gr:
xhug

Yoozek

Okay now, what's happened here? She delivered!
The ending was a bit... empty... there was nothing really but the rest of the performance was EXTRAORDINARY! It was sooo Greek, so folky... And then there's Lithuania who got through.

EscGeek

Veteran
I kinda like this, but others were just so much better so i won't miss it... i felt more sorry for greece in 2016 xshrug

grazy2266

Wow, this has to be one of the biggest shocks of the night for me. She delivered the performance and I said all night long "oh Greece will certainly go through" how wrong I was. I can't get my head around what went wrong here?

Dodiih

This is the most shocking NQ from tonight (for me at least). I was almost 100% sure it would go through. Maybe it wasn't perfect vocally, but the song itself is just amazing... The staging was fine as well. I'm just sad. (Same goes for Alekseev btw)

(I honestly don't think she changed her name to "Yianni")

Iker

Veteran
Because your neighbours were not enough to pull your boring entry through? I think it's justice at its best.

And I think it's ironic that Eleni is now slaying for Cyprus in the final.

The song is not boring at all - it's epic in the original sense of this word with its epos consolidation, but it also takes breath away, the melody has traditional nuances and zests that make it all the more captivating too making me feel so pure and uplifted but the performance / staging here was empty, cold like there was no complementary staging to it and the vocals were slightly off. I don't think she's the most charismatic singer that I've seen either. Not bad a la Belarus or Macedonia but not great either.

That was a wasted opportunity.

Mii11

I'm really shocked. Yianna is not the greatest singer in the world, but the performance was fine. It definitely was better than Finland and Ireland.

Alaska49

the semi was strong enough and she was juuuust underwhelming enough that her eviction isn't too much of a shock, as sad as it is to lose such a good song so soon.

demy having gone to the final and yianna not going, though? UNFAIR. BAD KARMA. BALANCE MUST BE ACHIEVED ONCE AGAIN.

John1

the semi was strong enough and she was juuuust underwhelming enough that her eviction isn't too much of a shock, as sad as it is to lose such a good song so soon.

demy having gone to the final and yianna not going, though? UNFAIR. BAD KARMA. BALANCE MUST BE ACHIEVED ONCE AGAIN.

Demy had a much better staging though. xshrug What was wrong with this blue hand?

EvNickGR

It's ok! It was a hard semi, the hardest semi in years, and Yianna did her best! We are proud of you Yianna! Thank you! xrose

Mii11

I can see your point, but to be honest I don't think there was any performance tonight that was perfect. Even :cy: (my favourite) wasn't as good as I expected. I cringed a lot at how awful :at:, :bg:, :cz:, :il: were at times, and in the case of Finland the whole performance was dreadful.

As for Demy, she should have failed to qualify IMO but her song wasn't that bad. Oniro mou is definitely better though.

ES2011

I'm really shocked. Yianna is not the greatest singer in the world, but the performance was fine. It definitely was better than Finland and Ireland.

That was the problem, it was just fine but nothing more. This semi was a battlefield and you need to bring your A game.
Greece unfortunately did not as did Belgium. Finland advanced because you could feel how much effort Saara was putting in and Ireland imo just had a fantastic atmosphere and staging. Greece didn't have anything memorable for it, indeed it was fine, but I can't say anything more about it. In such a strong semi, this is exactly what gets left behind. Unfortunately she wasn't in semi final 2, but we all knew some good entries had to be send home today.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
I think it's very sad that Yianna failed, but the signs unfortunately were there when watching the rehearsal footage. The staging was ok, not amazing but at least serviceable. It's the way she sings the song that becomes a problem live. I felt like this distance when watching Yianna and found it difficult to connect. Her singing feels quite monotonous, like she's almost disinterested. It's the vibe I got from it which is unfortunate, because I like the song, and it has some beautiful moments. I would have loved to have seen it pass, but presenting a song like that is not going to get it points. A sad ending as this was your most wonderful entry in years. I tried to keep the faith until the very last qualifier was called, but deep down I could feel this one was a miss. I'm sad for Greece.

Sultana

Shame on you, Europe for not letting this mesmerizing and perhaps the most autentic song of the year qualify to the finals.
Yianna deserved it as much as all the rest of the qualifiers. My heart is broken like literally xcry

cegs5

Sadly, Yianna was just singing without any interest to transmit any emotion or story unlike Saara and Ryan, they might have weaker songs, but the way they presented them was better. You could just feel they were defending their stories while Yianna was just there and nothing happened, she had a diamond on her hands but treated like a mere stone.
If Eurovision were about studio versions, Greece deserved better hands down... but it's not.

Top Bottom