15 6.3%

12 5.0%

4 1.7%

2 0.8%

4 1.7%

15 6.3%

• Total voters

Realest

Im pretty sure, she was 8th-10th in the TV but the Juries killed her.

Mii11

Sadly, Yianna was just singing without any interest to transmit any emotion or story unlike Saara and Ryan, they might have weaker songs, but the way they presented them was better. You could just feel they were defending their stories while Yianna was just there and nothing happened, she had a diamond on her hands but treated like a mere stone.
If Eurovision were about studio versions, Greece deserved better hands down... but it's not.

Well, I don't agree. Finland was bloody awful, I actually like the studio version of the song but Saara's performance was underwhelming, vocals were off and the backing vocalists were awful too. I actually wanted Finland to qualify before the rehearsals, but after the first one I immediately changed my mind.

As for Ireland, I don't think the song is as bad as, let's say, :ie: 2016 but it just didn't deserve to qualify. The only reason it qualified is because of the gay dancers, without them it would have been second to last.

lolita

Shame on you, Europe for not letting this mesmerizing and perhaps the most autentic song of the year qualify to the finals.
Yianna deserved it as much as all the rest of the qualifiers. My heart is broken like literally xcry

Mine, too. I am still quite in shock. xcry xcry

Mrm

Veteran
Yianna was off key I’m afraid… :(
I love the song and I would personally make her qualify, but it wasn’t that good unfortunately! :(
She was my number 8 tonight, it dropped on the list! :(

Kevan1994

I've never really connected with this song. Can't say I'm upset to see it stay in the semis.

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
i'm somewhat defending demy since she just qualifies for being one of the few countries last year with a good staging. otherwise greece would have started its dark era with 3 nqs in a row

i'm still shocked about this

ESCada

No hate towards Yianna - She did a good job I feel, but sending a song for Greeks to Greeks in an international competition might not have been a great idea.
And another point, I think that Eleni ate the entire Greek vote and there wasn't much left for Yianna.
Next time ERT should consider before they reject ......... If they want to win.

Chorizo

The one that wasn't disqualified didn't qualify.

aletem

Re: GREECE 2018 - Gianna Terzi - Óneiró Mou

This can easily end 11th in the semi. Despina from Cyprus in 2013 did it better and flopped hard.
Wait and see who will end 11th in the semi.
Don't take aletem seriously. We all know that Greece will qualify even if Gianna messes it up badly. Last year, Greece qualified although the singer avoided high notes in chorus :)
I still might be wrong. xqueenbitch Coz Azerbaijan seemed like a definite qualifier.

hawadharma

So sad about :gr: disqualification xcry xcry
Probably the saddest news (so far) in this year's season. :(

In all fairness, I don't know which song to point out who had robbed :gr: from the Top 10 spot.

Better luck for Greece next time :(

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
I think I might be more upset about this than Belgium. The camera angles were a problem, sure, but the song and vocal were an incredibly captivating, enjoyable package.

mauve

Veteran
Can't believe this didn't qualify and Finalnd did. This is a thousand times better! Powerful vocals and a wonderful song.

EurovisionSmile

Veteran
I can't believe Lithuania qualified over this song. Well, I'm so sad, I kept voting for this song, I've counted 11 times I called to vote for Greece. xcry

A-lister

Veteran
If the juries are behind this not qualifying (I wouldn't be surprised!), it just proved the point I made over and over again that they are having an anti- European agenda killing all ethno/local sounding entries. It's a shame because Greece sent one of its best entries in years and were true to themselves. Surely the live performance wasn't that thrilling, and her vocals weren't top notch, but as a whole package and particular the song it deserved to qualify no doubt about that. So far the most unfair results of this season.

This for sure deserved a final more than Albania, Finland, Ireland and Lithuania imo xshrug This had identity, can't say the same about those.

Realest

If the juries are behind this not qualifying (I wouldn't be surprised!), it just proved the point I made over and over again that they are having an anti- European agenda killing all ethno/local sounding entries. It's a shame because Greece sent one of its best entries in years and were true to themselves. Surely the live performance wasn't that thrilling, and her vocals weren't top notch, but as a whole package and particular the song it deserved to qualify no doubt about that. So far the most unfair results of this season.

This for sure deserved a final more than Albania, Finland, Ireland and Lithuania imo xshrug This had identity, can't say the same about those.

Only my Opinion, but only because a Song has a Local Sound and is sung in Motherlanguage, it doesnt mean that its automatically good. According to that Logic, Kroatia should have won 2012 e.g. And in Eurovision we (and the Juries) judge Liveperformances and not Studioversions. And neither her Vocals, nor her Performance was Top10-Worthy. Imo the Juries (probably) did the right Thing. If I was professional Juror, I would have put her around 13th-14th. And Im pretty sure, her Only TV-Points came from Diasporahousing Countries (CY/BE/UK/AM/AL/MK/BG). Diaspora-Adjusted she probably wasnt even in the TV-Top10.

A-lister

Veteran
Only my Opinion, but only because a Song has a Local Sound and is sung in Motherlanguage, it doesnt mean that its automatically good.

I agree about that, but this was a good entry. I however think the juries loath local entries, which is a shame in a contest where one of the main purposes is to represent your country. We should appreciate that some countries dare to do this even now when they know they will face jury scrutiny, I think it's a huge shame though and not in Eurovision spirit that it should harm you for sending something that is more representative, it goes against everything Eurovision stands for in concept. If you can't even have a place in Eurovision for this, where can you? Of course a bad entry shouldn't sail through just because of local sounds and-/or native language, but then again Albania had one of the worst entries this year, sung in native language, but since it was just a substandard rock song with no local sound juries were ok with it. They are especially against entries that include local sounds, maybe not so much use of native language (although they aren't too happy about that either it seems).

Realest

I agree about that, but this was a good entry. I however think the juries loath local entries, which is a shame in a contest where one of the main purposes is to represent your country. We should appreciate that some countries dare to do this even now when they know they will face jury scrutiny, I think it's a huge shame though and not in Eurovision spirit that it should harm you for sending something that is more representative, it goes against everything Eurovision stands for in concept. If you can't even have a place in Eurovision for this, where can you? Of course a bad entry shouldn't sail through just because of local sounds and-/or native language, but then again Albania had one of the worst entries this year, sung in native language, but since it was just a substandard rock song with no local sound juries were ok with it. They are especially against entries that include local sounds, maybe not so much use of native language (although they aren't too happy about that either it seems).

Well, Juries supported Zeljko, Aliona Moon, Urban Symphony, Harel Skaat etc... so they proved that its the Song that matters and that Local Sounds have a chance too. Albania at least gave a Great VocalPerformance and had the only Rocksong, so it makes Sense that Juries supported it, although I believe that it was mostly the TV who supported Albania. And As I said, im pretty sure that "Neutral" Countries like LT/BY/CZ etc.. had Greece not even in Range of Top10 in the TV..

Top Bottom