5 3.0%

5 3.0%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

FitzyUK

This grew on me as the week went on. I had it 7th on the night but can see why it finished so high.

Franzilein

Jerry climbing the rock and the fireworks / missiles (?) in the background is probably the most memorable part for me this year. Goosebumps all over, such a striking image along with that haunting and rising melody. Deserved more from the juries in my opinion, but well deserved third place.

Ted Talks

I loved the song from the first time I heard it and was so fearful its chances of a decent finish were killed off by going second.

I’m glad to be wrong though! :D They were both amazing. I was sure Ukraine would get a good to average jury score but was worried going second would harm the televote.

I really shouldn’t worry so much! Well done Ukraine.

SirPeterGriffin

Only Ukraine could be in the death spot and still achieve 300+ points with the public. Astonishing achievement but what an impactful imagery and storytelling. This felt like a religious experience with Jerry's vocals sending me shivers every time.

I'm ashamed that my country gave the 12 points to I*rael. And the six points from our jury felt too low when they gave 10 and 12 to those excruciating entries. Continue serving quality Ukraine, a fourth win might be in the pipeline sooner rather than later.

Flomik

Who staged their performance this year?
Tanu Muino
She was a director for Lil Nas X's Montero, Normani's Wild Side, Harry Styles' As It Was, Cardi B's Up and Bongos, Dua Lipa's Illusion and the list goes on and on

aef

That massive televoting result was a huge surprise. I expected like 200 points maybe but over 300 is just too much for that song in my opinion. It’s fine if :ua: people loved it a lot but that huge boost mostly due to diaspora/ refugee votes is quite a significant distortion of results. In my opinion the song is not that good and very overrated.

Preuss

Ukraine got like just a 150 points last year or something, no?

Fine to say that it was just a song that rallied a lot of voters to vote for it! My family loved it

njdevils94

Veteran
That massive televoting result was a huge surprise. I expected like 200 points maybe but over 300 is just too much for that song in my opinion. It’s fine if :ua: people loved it a lot but that huge boost mostly due to diaspora/ refugee votes is quite a significant distortion of results. In my opinion the song is not that good and very overrated.
A lot of people loved it. Jerry is a rising star in the Ukrainian music scene with many hits over the last 18 months and Alyona alyona is one of the most well known female rappers in Europe. It absolutely deserved 300+ tele-vote points in my view. xheart

akoz

Warning - lower your volume ;)

Well, I think from now on it's should be ordinary reaction to every overrated, maximum 200 points songs. Ofc full Malmo Arena is packed with ukrainian refugees and ofc at 6:19 they all celebrated Israel not winning ESC even without updated scoreboard and not knowing where Ukraine is placed now.

On serious note, people should stop coping about Ukraine diaspora vote, it's exists but it's something around 50 points max for last 2 years.

akoz

And as for yesterday performance - it was one of their best in these 2 weeks. Jerry was as always on point and very clean rap part from Alyona even tho I don't really like that she went more into emotions at the end. There were a few bad camera angles where flag/scarf blocked everything but it's not their problem. Overall great result as I expected a little bit lower placing with that running order and knowing that juries are not very kind to us, but looking at points of countries that were at the beginning looks like early open lines really helps a lot. I'd just put reverse recap as second and i'd give like 5 minutes more after 3rd recap because it' s pretty stupid to show recap and almost immediately close the line.

Gitte

Ukraine got like just a 150 points last year or something, no?

Fine to say that it was just a song that rallied a lot of voters to vote for it! My family loved it
A bit more if you mean televote, a lot more if you mean total points.

Sultana

This was one of their best performances. I wasn't really surprised by their top position (as it was obvious and well deserved) but I was surprised by this astonishing numbers in 300+ votes from televote and for a minute was scared that the contest will go to Ukraine again. I agree with the previous commentators that massive refugee / diaspora voting distorts the picture a little bit (but that's the reality we live in now, so... ), however that's probably the first Ukrainian entry since 2021 which I loved a lot and for which I would vote if I had such privilege.
The song is catchy, the staging is interesting and has some clear, but beautifully done references to the ongoing events and cool message at the end. It is not the song you would hear on a radio station (unlike Shum which I still hear playing in some cars from time to time) but its definitely a well produced song.
My friend and I discussed the production a couple of days ago and both agreed that ukrainian production was and is always the best when it comes to TV products. We know it from other projects as well, so no surprises here when it comes to ESC that Ukraine makes one of the best shows.

John1

When I tell you that I ascended when they announced Ukraine got 307 points in the televoting and overcoming *that* country, I really did. xheart

HarryUK

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just to say, I full on cried during alyona & Jerry's performance last night and my friends were so confused lol. I explained the concept of the staging with the backdrop being phosphorus bombs raining down and they got it in the end.

ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS GORGEOUS entry! I fucking love you Ukraine :ua: xheart

Top Bottom