5 3.0%

5 3.0%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Fluke

So-so about seeing them do so well. I can kind of understand the appeal, especially to juries, but to me it's just one of those entries that go right through me without leaving any impression. I just can't make sense of it, i get that it's supposed to express emotions of reverence for strong women throughout history and whatever, i just can't connect to what it is that so many others are seeing, for it to do so well.

Serbia's and Portugal's entries felt similar to me, but they didn't do nearly as well, though Portugal got some jury 12s. Either way, it goes to show that Ukraine can stay in the top 5 almost every year, seemingly no matter what they send they somehow do it right, wether it's some weird skill or it's just the reputation of the country. It's just not going to be an entry i'll remember in any way whatsoever.

Lumina

I would also like to congratulate you for relating to the sufferings of the Palestinian people by not giving any points to Israel, neither in the jury nor in the public.

Or, what is more probable, they simply did not give points to the country that was their biggest “threat“ concerning televote points. Ukraine was one of the favourites to win the televote and for a while they were high on the bedding odds for the overall win - they were well aware that Israel could get all the points.

The same reason why Switzerland and Croatia did not exchange points.

Social media was full of Ukrainians SUPPORTING Israel.

Franzilein

I explained the concept of the staging with the backdrop being phosphorus bombs raining down and they got it in the end.

I thought of intercepted missiles bursting into a rain of sparks, but now that you mention it – yeah, that also makes sense. Just adds another layer, those visuals will be in my head for a very long time.

ViVillRejv

So-so about seeing them do so well. I can kind of understand the appeal, especially to juries, but to me it's just one of those entries that go right through me without leaving any impression. I just can't make sense of it, i get that it's supposed to express emotions of reverence for strong women throughout history and whatever, i just can't connect to what it is that so many others are seeing, for it to do so well.

Serbia's and Portugal's entries felt similar to me, but they didn't do nearly as well, though Portugal got some jury 12s. Either way, it goes to show that Ukraine can stay in the top 5 almost every year, seemingly no matter what they send they somehow do it right, wether it's some weird skill or it's just the reputation of the country. It's just not going to be an entry i'll remember in any way whatsoever.

Agree. And as for me I've grown tired tired of Ukraine "war baiting" each year now... I wish for this to be final overtly referencing-present-day-politics political entry from them. (I already thought that 1944 was a bit too on the nose when it won in 2016 and loads of IRL politicians started to congratulate them on Twitter; I use Eurovision for escapism more than politics personally).

AlekS

Veteran
Timur announced Israel very politely, tbh. Of course he mentioned that she spent most of her life in Moscow and she took part in Russian JESC selection, but it was written in her bio xshrug He didn't say that she visited Crimea illegaly. He could say that she took part in a girls band sponsored by putin's bestie. But he didn't :cool: There was no emphasis on her upbringing, he spoke in a boring monotone. In the end his tone became more excited when he said "she & her family left that country".
The broadcaster did not try to make fuss around her Russian upbringing. They could say a lot about her, but they stayed neutral.

She could receive 1-2 points from our euro fanbase, she had 60% positive reactions from our fans during the semi. But behaviour of certain people from Israeli delegation & media (as you can see, Poland also confirmed that) + biased attitude of KAN against Ireland dramatically lowered her positive reactions to 15%.
What's interesting is that Italian leak didn't influence it much, most of us didn't feel threatened (half people didn't even believe it was true, lol), and the news about "incomplete" votes removed this factor anyway.

Last edited:

AlekS

Veteran
Teresa & Maria became more successful than Shum on daily Spotify Global chart:

Teresa & Maria - 1.442 M
Shum - 1.188 M

It became 2nd most popular song in Ukrainian (or bilingual) ever in the daily chart.
1.384 M streams came from outside of Ukraine :cool: The song charted in 27 countries.

Our local Spotify market is very small, it takes 30-60k to become #1, thus when you see ESC Spotify numbers on Twitter, Ukraine will always be underrated.

Last edited:

pyryniemi

Or, what is more probable, they simply did not give points to the country that was their biggest “threat“ concerning televote points. Ukraine was one of the favourites to win the televote and for a while they were high on the bedding odds for the overall win - they were well aware that Israel could get all the points.

Why were :ch: and :hr: their top 2 then?

Citelis

It was in my top3 and one of my absolute favorites of the year from the very first time i listened to it, but i completely fell in love during the semifinal. I decided to send nearly all the votes i could to the final. Great to know that i contributed in the amazing 300+ t/v they got even if the 3 points we gave was probably among the lowest they got from a country in t/v.

AlekS

Veteran

The epicness is coming
DI7g3cJ.png
The vocals o_O
Both delegations are super friendly (back in 2020 & 2021 Katya and Gjon used to have live Insta sessions once a week, chatting with us, writing & playing their never-seen-before songs live).
No wonder Nemo and the girls got really friendly. Both songs have rap & operatic parts. I suspect they want to create a mash-up of their songs.

Lumina

The Ukrainian delegation wore T-Shirts with political statements (nothing to with Israel/Palestine though but for their own political agenda concerning the war with Russia) visible during the final. They tried to hide it because they were afraid to get caught and getting thrown out of the venue. That’s why the artists wore none of these shirts, they were afraid of DQ.

(This was on social media news today and they showed pictures of the GF where they visibly wore the shirts.)

Well… seems as if A LOT of other countries tried to spread political propaganda and were successful. People claim it was Israel but in fact it was basically everyone else.

AlekS

Veteran
The Ukrainian delegation wore T-Shirts with political statements (nothing to with Israel/Palestine though but for their own political agenda concerning the war with Russia) visible during the final. They tried to hide it because they were afraid to get caught and getting thrown out of the venue. That’s why the artists wore none of these shirts, they were afraid of DQ.

(This was on social media news today and they showed pictures of the GF where they visibly wore the shirts.)

Well… seems as if A LOT of other countries tried to spread political propaganda and were successful. People claim it was Israel but in fact it was basically everyone else.
Damn, how DARE we to even ask to free prisoners of war. For f's sake! And yes, the EBU can fine for that... but not for physical or verbal harassment of other contestants, or Ministry of Foreign Affairs buying all kinds of ads xrofl

AlekS

Veteran
mfdK8Yz.jpeg

And we don't hide it :cool: Alyona has just posted it on her Insta. We will keep bringing attention to refugees, those who lost homes and prisoners of war. If the EBU allowed to sing "Imagine", there's nothing bad in bringing attention to humanitarian missions.
Implying that it's something bad is beyond evil.

AlekS

Veteran
Russian former EBU broadcaster: "Eurovision was “decorated” with transgender people and satanists". Ukraine received the most disgusting overview, as always:

The way he said "singer", implying that she can't sing :lol: May his ignorant soul RIP, lol.

I saw the full video. They slammed Conchita and blamed her in starting ESC degradation and called Bambie Thug "it".

Another propaganda media: "Bullies, satanists, abusers: what Russia missed on Eurovision... Eurovision outdid any orgy or sabbath."

Their most famous military blogger & former parliament member: "Superf*gs on Eurovision."

Last edited:

allenakaalan

They would did this before 2022. They harassed Jamala's parents in her family home in Crimea. Homophobia against Melovin. Russia bombed Tvorchi's city for the first time just 10 minutes before they went on stage in the final. Not even talking about racist comments by their 3rd largest broadcaster (the same one that posted a fake about Eurovision going to another country in 2017, lol). Their media blamed Go_A in being drug addicted xrofl
More than 2 years on, and they're still in their "You didn't fire me, I quit!" mode.

GermanBango

Russian former EBU broadcaster: "Eurovision was “decorated” with transgender people and satanists". Ukraine received the most disgusting overview, as always:

The way he said "singer", implying that she can't sing :lol: May his ignorant soul RIP, lol.

I saw the full video. They slammed Conchita and blamed her in starting ESC degradation and called Bambie Thug "it".

Another propaganda media: "Bullies, satanists, abusers: what Russia missed on Eurovision... Eurovision outdid any orgy or sabbath."

Their most famous military blogger & former parliament member: "Superf*gs on Eurovision."

Seems to me like a that one sulky kid on the playground nobody wants to play with. :ROFLMAO:

Top Bottom