Contact us

Sakuralia ❀ NSC 232: Victor le Masne - Parade ❀ Congrats 23: Charlotte Cardin - Confetti

esc87fan

Re: Sakuralia ❀ NSC 127 - The Return of Switzi Mama! ❀ Ekat Bork - The World Is Dancing

Switzi Mama stronk! After 3 consecutive DNQs, Sakuralia's back in the final and we couldn't be happier! Thanks to all who voted!

Luki

Re: Sakuralia ❀ NSC 127 - The Return of Switzi Mama! ❀ Ekat Bork - The World Is Dancing

Bless xbow

esc87fan

Re: Sakuralia ❀ NSC 128 - Defending the Maillot Jaune's Honor! ❀ Two Steps From Hell - Protectors Of The Earth

NSC 128

It seems like lately I've been getting a lot of inspiration from watching cycling videos! This piece in particular highlighted moments in a video I watched of my favorite pro cyclist in the 2013 Tour de France, including an epic battle on Mont Ventoux
(watch this video and skip to the 17:06 mark)

esc87fan

Re: Sakuralia ❀ NSC 129 - What shall we do now? ❀

Looks like another DNQ in the Sakuralian books after a beating in the final of the last edition. We will keep trying though!

esc87fan

Re: Sakuralia ❀ NSC 129 - Do you believe? ❀ Kiesza - Stronger

NSC 129

Sakuralia has a simple question for you: Do you believe?

We certainly do! And it's with this hope in mind that we present a powerful song of believing in oneself from the concept album of the Broadway musical Finding Neverland featuring one of Canada's brightest new talents

esc87fan

Re: Sakuralia ❀ NSC 130 ❀

I guess voters didn't believe hard enough, another B-final is on the horizon. But thank you to those who did

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member

Just hang in there, Steph. :) There have been those with 10 or even 15 consecutive DNQs. You were in the final two editions ago, and your first two editions. This is a pretty average, standard result as far as NSC goes. Heck, you even PQed your very first edition, so you've done better than many others. :)

Morty

Trondheim, Norway / Niavara, Balearica Island

Just hang in there, Steph. :) There have been those with 10 or even 15 consecutive DNQs.

::bal and the former nation Bigicia share that record. ;)

Just so you have something to compare to: After 6 years and 3 months, I now have 84 entries in the main contest, only 22 reached the final. 26.2%. You have 37.5%. ;)
But of those 22, 6 were PQ, and they all finished bottom 5. So I've only qualified to 16 finals... That's a lot of disappointing result shows tbh. But when a qualification is rare, it feels even better when it actually happens. :D

I know it feels bad to stay in the semis (or B-finals) a lot, but it could be worse. You could be me. :p But I stopped caring at some point. I'm not in the contest to get great finishes (even tho it's great when it happens), I'm here to show people what I think is awesome music. Whether they like it or not. So I agree with Anna, hang in there. :)

Romeo

I guess voters didn't believe hard enough, another B-final is on the horizon. But thank you to those who did

you got 7 from me :D

esc87fan

Re: Sakuralia ❀ NSC 130 ❀ Hatsune Miku - World Is Mine

NSC 130

Sakuralia has a little trick up their sleeve for their 9th entry, and it comes in the form of the #1 virtual idol! Let's see if Miku can turn things around with the song that introduced her to the world

Keko

And this happening a lot in NSC. Good artists constantly being sent, but never with my personal favorite song.

I'm crying. But I'm happy someone finally entered a vocaloid.

SpZ

I'm crying. But I'm happy someone finally entered a vocaloid.

It is not like vocaloids would be new to nsc. Hatsune Miku has been entered before (and with a lot better song imo) and there are other random appearances of vocaloids - eg Zombira 118 was a duet with 1 part being a vocaloid (Avanna)

esc87fan

I had originally wanted to send "Romeo and Cinderella", but "World Is Mine" was the song that got me hooked on Miku. Now I have that song and "Project Diva Desu" along with Megurine Luka's song "Just Be Friends" in my music collection

Luki

I agree with Keko that this is one of her weaker songs, I did listen to her song with Namie Amuro a lot lately though. ^^

esc87fan

Re: Sakuralia ❀ NSC 131 ❀ Prepare for the Queen of Meiouzu!

Miku couldn't get the job done despite a promising Pregomesh. Which means yet another B-final

However... we have saved a huge entrant for NSC 131 (which will be our 10th edition), who many Sakuralians call the "Queen of Meiouzu" (the district in Hanashima where a large Canadian population resides). So get ready Natia... she's coming next edition!

Sabrewulf238

Re: Sakuralia ❀ NSC 131 ❀ Prepare for the Queen of Meiouzu!

Is it ok to give vague hints towards your next entry?

(I found a song I want to send....I'm kind of tempted to give a really vague hint for it but I'm not sure how others would feel about it)

esc87fan

Re: Sakuralia ❀ NSC 131 ❀ Prepare for the Queen of Meiouzu! ❀ WLSC Congratulations 5: Take That - Rule The World

While we wait for NSC 131 to get under way, Sakuralia is giving one last gift to the Waiting List by hosting WLSC Congratulations 5 in our capital of Hanashima - our way of saying arigato for 17 months and 30 editions of preparation for joining the main roster

We have chosen Take That's 2007 anthem "Rule The World" as our entry, which finished second overall at WLSC 84 in Il-Bidu.

esc87fan

Re: Sakuralia ❀ NSC 131 ❀ Celine Dion - Misled ❀ WLSC Congratulations 5: Take That - Rule The World

NSC 131

Sakuralia's 10th entry is a good one! People in our country call her the "Queen of Meiouzu" (for our large Canadian population in that part of the capital of Hanashima), but we call her Celine! This is one of my favorite early hits of hers (around the time I entered high school), so it's our hope that it's worthy of a good finish in Balearica Island!

CONGRATULATIONS 13
And for Congratulations 13, SHK has chosen... Castle in the Snow by Kadebostany, our debut entry from NSC 122!
:ch:::sak

esc87fan

Re: Sakuralia ❀ NSC 131 ❀ Celine Dion - Misled ❀ Congratulations 13: Kadebostany - Castle in the Snow

A great 6th-place finish in Congratulations 5 to officially wrap up ties to the Waiting List, which is a nice result. I hope for the best for Celine in tomorrow's NSC semi results

Top Bottom