Contact us

Papendink [232] UA - お茶

Paper7

Re: INK [137] This is no computer game, this is real life!

Fifty shades of Paperland and INK!
My personal Top3 of my first 50 entries! 3rd place!

[ 03. ] 103: Dune - Rainbow To The Stars* #27
Awww... childhood memories! Dune were one of the first favourite acts of mine and still are xheart Didnt expected much more, so i wasn't surprised to end second last in the final with it.

Paper7

My personal Top3 of my first 50 entries! 2nd place!

[ 02. ] 117: Mine und Orchester - Nicht für mich (live in Mannheim) #s11 [[Translated Lyrics]]
Mine is getting my favourite artist of this century... love the lyrics of her songs and her diversity and emotionality in her voice. And to experience her on concert like one month ago was awesome! Best concert i ever was on! This is my favourite song of her, i love how she plays with words, how the meaning of the sentence partly changes with every syllable she sings and i love the minimalistic sound in this live performance.
Sad that she missed to qualify that close :(

Paper7

My personal Top3 of my first 50 entries! 1st place!

[ 01. ] 84: Adrian Zaar - Warten #14
My second entry to NSC... i was a bit afraid to send a german language entry, but it didnt do that bad and i was happy to see, that it would have with high probability made it trough the semis if it wouldnt have a PQ space. I love everything about this song xheart Can't really describe it!

Paper7

My personal ranking of my first 50 entries!

The complete list:
[ 01. ] 84: Adrian Zaar - Warten #14 [[video]]
[ 02. ] 103: Dune - Rainbow To The Stars* #27 [[video]]
[ 03. ] 117: Mine und Orchester - Nicht für mich (live in Mannheim) #s11 [[video]] [[Translated Lyrics]]
[ 04. ] 125: Bear's Den - Above the Clouds of Pompeii #1 [[video]]
[ 05. ] 92: Drunken Tiger - 8:45 Heaven #S26 (last place) [[video]]
[ 06. ] 105: Mermelada Bunch - Bipolar * #17 [[video]]
[ 07. ] 127: Monkey Majik + m-flo - Picture Perfect #s21 (#10 rj) [[video]]
[ 08. ] 89: Clazziquai Project - Ping #S22 [[video]]
[ 09. ] 118: dan le sac vs Scroobius Pip - You will see me #6 [[video]]
[ 10. ] 110: Adrian Zaar - Diese Stille #S23 [[video]] [[Translated Lyrics]]
[ 11. ] 99: Djs From Mars feat. Fragma - Insane (In Da Brain)* #S20 [[video]]
[ 12. ] 95: Frank Zander - Du kannst nicht immer 17 sein #27 [[video]]
[ 13. ] 93: How To Destroy Angels - Ice Age #S22 [[video]]
[ 14. ] 106: Shane Shu - I See Sheep Fall From The Sky #S18 [[video]]
[ 15. ] 119: Dolls United - Eine Insel mit zwei Bergen #26 [[video]]
[ 16. ] 86: salyu × salyu - Tadano Tomodachi #27 (#4) [[video]]
[ 17. ] 121: Safia - Counting Sheep #8 [[video]]
[ 18. ] 100: Mehmet Akar - The Light Goes On* #S16 [[video]]
[ 19. ] 112: Kai Tracid - Tiefenrausch (The Deep Blue) (Orchestral version) #19 [[video]]
[ 20. ] 83: SomethingALaMode feat. Karl Lagerfeld - Rondo Parisiano #1 [[video]]
[ 21. ] 108: Tenhi - Vastakaiun #S24 [[video]]
[ 22. ] 132: Edge Dub Monkeyz - EDM Doll #s24 (#11 rj) [[video]]
[ 23. ] 98: Agent M - Shokolaad #9 [[video]]
[ 24. ] 94: Potap i Nastya - Chumachechaya Vesna #1 [[video]]
[ 25. ] 107: BDC - Guter Mensch #S25 [[video]] [[Translated Lyrics]]
[ 26. ] 123: Bombs Away - Drunk Arcade #16 [[video]]
[ 27. ] 88: Steff la Cheffe - Annabelle #S17 [[video]] [[Translated Lyrics]]
[ 28. ] 126: Snarky Puppy, Metropole Orkest - The Curtain #23 [[video]]
[ 29. ] 101: Treekillaz - Disco #S18 [[video]]
[ 30. ] 91: Sa Ding Ding - Ha Ha Li Li #S13 [[video]]
[ 31. ] 120: Miho Hatori - Barracuda #s25 (last place) (#6 rj) [[video]]
[ 32. ] 102: Sa Ding Ding feat. Wu Tsing-Fong - zi you xing zou de hua #6 [[video]]
[ 33. ] 131: Cam - Burning House #18 [[video]]
[ 34. ] 97: Christine Lauterburg - S'Liechtli #11 [[video]] [[Translated Lyrics]]
[ 35. ] 96: Groove Armada feat. Richie Havens - Hands Of Time #S22 [[video]]
[ 36. ] 85: The Bianca Story - Afraid Of The World #13 [[video]]
[ 37. ] 114: Foster The People - Best Friend (Lost Kings Remix) #s19 [[video]]
[ 38. ] 115: Motionless In White - Reincarnate #s13 [[video]]
[ 39. ] 109: Joanna Wang - The Revenge of the Farm Animals #S17 [[video]]
[ 40. ] 130: M - Baia #s24 (#24 rj) [[video]]
[ 41. ] 116: Bodo Wartke - Liebeslied (The Multilingual Lovesong) #s21 [[video]]
[ 42. ] 129: Toru Minegishi - Splatoon Ost: Fuel The Melody #s22 (#17 rj) [[video]]
[ 43. ] 87: Liquido - Gameboy #S18 [[video]]
[ 44. ] 104: Alphaville - Song For No One #8 [[video]]
[ 45. ] 113: Helene Fischer & Unheillig - So wie du warst #20 [[video]] [[Translated Lyrics]]
[ 46. ] 124: Ashworth - Meo Mix (Remix) #s24 (#10 rj) [[video]]
[ 47. ] 128: Taylor Davis - Song of Time and Song of Storms #8 [[video]]
[ 48. ] 90: Hindi Zahra - Stand Up #S21 [[video]]
[ 49. ] 122: HollySiz - The Light #s17 (#12 rj) [[video]]
[ 50. ] 111: Ibeyi - Oya #1 [[video]]

Paper7

Re: INK [137] MNIM - Computer Game /// My personal Ranking of my first 50 entries!

Don't trust me, when i announce an entry ;) I'm so fickle (if thats the right word ^^) At least i haven't confirmed anything so far :D

The song i've announced started surprisingly to boring me after a long time i loved it and yeah, i hate this entry-switching thing, but i even more hate if i sent songs while i don't love them anymore. So i decided to invite someone to an Secret NF :eek:

Paper7

Re: KKB LS

So i had a secret NF with Takeru from ::yap and now the Entry for NSC 137 is finally clear:

INK 137

Lil Dicky feat. Snoop Dogg
-
Professional Rapper

To less rap in NSC, that is was what i often thought already and Takeru seems to agree with me :D I love how this track tells a story and i always liked Snoops stoned style :cool:

Morty

Trondheim, Norway / Niavara, Balearica Island

[ 04. ] 125: Bear's Den - Above the Clouds of Pompeii #1
The last winner in this ranking... i was hardly hitten by surprised by this victory. I only was just happy to qualified - and in real, this one couldnt get closer to fail in semis,it had:
the same amounts of points as the 11th place
just one point more than the 12th
just two more than 13th
just five more than 14th

What the f....!!!!!!!! xshock

For me definetely my best winner! Alltough it needed some time to grow on me like it obviously needed on many others.
It's amazing how small the difference between a failure and a success can be in this contest. Genre Police just 2 editions later was very similar for me. Altho not as close as your qualification, it was just one point ahead of the 11th and 12th, and the reju voters didn't like it much either. But still, victory. :eek: And just like your winner, the battle for first in the final was really close too. :D

Also, very happy to see Dune so high on your list. ;)

And, since I'm here, about your new entry... I dislike, no actually, I hate Snoop Dogg. Pretty much everything he's ever done has made me real angry, and I can't understand what people see in him. But, this one is actually pretty good. :eek: Maybe it's the lyrics, which I paid attention to for once, but it definitely has something. I've heard other songs with Snoop as a "guest" rapper, but usually I think it would have sounded better without him. But not this one. I'm almost shocked tbh. :lol: You won't be alone with the rap tho, I'm going with that too this edition. :eek: I always say I used to like hiphop, but then I grew up, but now it's starting to seem like I'm getting younger again. :p

Paper7

It's amazing how small the difference between a failure and a success can be in this contest. Genre Police just 2 editions later was very similar for me. Altho not as close as your qualification, it was just one point ahead of the 11th and 12th, and the reju voters didn't like it much either. But still, victory. :eek: And just like your winner, the battle for first in the final was really close too. :D

Also, very happy to see Dune so high on your list. ;)

Its always strange if the winner nearly failed to qualify, but its also nice that anythingy can happen in the end ^^

And, since I'm here, about your new entry... I dislike, no actually, I hate Snoop Dogg. Pretty much everything he's ever done has made me real angry, and I can't understand what people see in him. But, this one is actually pretty good. :eek: Maybe it's the lyrics, which I paid attention to for once, but it definitely has something. I've heard other songs with Snoop as a "guest" rapper, but usually I think it would have sounded better without him. But not this one. I'm almost shocked tbh. :lol: You won't be alone with the rap tho, I'm going with that too this edition. :eek: I always say I used to like hiphop, but then I grew up, but now it's starting to seem like I'm getting younger again. :p

I personally like him in many songs... but tbh: most times i like him only in non-rap-songs, only as featuring and not as main-act... and i liked him in tv serial Monk. But great that this one is an exclusion for you :D

I was never the one, who listened more to rap and hip hop than to other stuff, but it was always a part of the stuff i listened since i first heared the swiss-german hiphop from Subzonic. Most times i like this genres mixed with others, especially rap.

berlyda

NSC Mod
Staff member
Re: INK [137] Lil Dicky feat. Snoop Dogg - Professional Rapper /// My personal Ranking of my first 50 entries!

I much prefer White Crime (Professional Rapper runs out of steam after the first half imo), but I'm glad to see more rap in NSC :D Good luck!

sigi

Re: INK [137] Lil Dicky feat. Snoop Dogg - Professional Rapper /// My personal Ranking of my first 50 entries!

Warten is definitely the best song xrosexrose

Paper7

Good news for some of you:

As the idea of reducing the song-range to choose my entry from didnt worked liked expected i simply decided to go back to Paper & INK again. I believed it worked (i guess because i wanted to), but nope, it didnt... like this edition (one randomize NF and after that i changed to a secret NF :lol:) showed me pretty clear.

Dont know what will happen in the future with ::pap... its still a difficult and annoying process for me to decide an entry, just because too many songs i love :(/:) But i guess next edition isn't the problem... you will hear something new from my favourite act from this century, can't imagine that something could change my mind about that. Btw: Would be only the third time that i re-use an artist :eek:

Maybe i should just give up and let only decide trough Secret NFs for future editions.... with a waiting list for participants ^^

The nation will be called Paper & INK again after this edition.

Salmon

Aw, but I kind of dislike Paper & INK as a country name – it sounds so tacky to me. Just INK was short and sweet.

Musically though, I’m more than happy about the return of Paperland!

Paper7

:D

Another name i thought about for both was Papendink... but i had a feeling it sounds bad in english. to be honest: i'm also not completely happy with "Paper & INK" as country name, but haven't had a better idea ^^ I dont wanted to give up the shortcut :: pap and if i stay with Pap i wanted to have also "ink" in the name, so my only lame idea was Paper & INK (and Papendink, as a variation of it) :D At least i love the flag i made for the new country name xheart

berlyda

NSC Mod
Staff member

I often pronounce Paper & INK as Pap-AIR-in-ik. I thought it was because you'd used the word Paperinik at some point (maybe for a city, or to describe people from Paper & INK), but I can't find it anywhere... :lol:

Paper7

I often pronounce Paper & INK as Pap-AIR-in-ik. I thought it was because you'd used the word Paperinik at some point (maybe for a city, or to describe people from Paper & INK), but I can't find it anywhere... :lol:

Just click on the spoiler on the top of the start posting to see my crappy little map of Paperland, thats the first of two spots where you can see it :)

About second spot: Paperinik (original name for the superhero alter ego of Donald Duck from Italy) is also the founding father of Paperland. You can find that in the "official hollidays" part of the wikia page: http://nsc.wikia.com/wiki/Paperland#Official_Hollidays

berlyda

NSC Mod
Staff member

Paperinik (original name for the superhero alter ego of Donald Duck from Italy) is also the founding father of Paperland.

Ah yes, I remember you mentioning that before. Good to know I'm not entirely insane :lol:

Salmon

Papendink would be a totally awesome name though. xheart

Paper7

Hmm...

Would anyone other like Papendink? ^^

Top Bottom