3. 119: Dolls United - Eine Insel mit zwei Bergen #26 [[video]]
  4. 121: Safia - Counting Sheep #8 [[video]]
  5. 132: Edge Dub Monkeyz - EDM Doll #s24 (#11 rj) [[video]]
  6. 103: Dune - Rainbow To The Stars #27 [[video]]
  7. 123: Bombs Away - Drunk Arcade #16 [[video]]
  8. 99: Djs From Mars feat. Fragma - Insane (In Da Brain) #S20 [[video]]
  9. 134: Caravan Palace - Lone Digger #5 [[video]]
  10. 100: Mehmet Akar - The Light Goes On #S16 [[video]]
  11. 129: Toru Minegishi - Splatoon Ost: Fuel The Melody #s22 (#17 rj) [[video]]
  12. 114: Foster The People - Best Friend (Lost Kings Remix) #s19 [[video]]
  13. 124: Ashworth - Meo Mix (Remix) #s24 (#10 rj) [[video]]

I still love all songs beside the last two places, the last two are not bad, but were overhyped by me and in case of place #13 i'm still okay with having sent it because i loved it at that time pretty much. :)

Lone Digger gets a bit annoying atm, i simply listened too much to it in the last few weeks. I'm a bit surprised, that i rank my Dune entry that low, :eek: but the others are better or simply fresher to me.

Paper7

Re: INK -> back at the end of may

I took a look again on my plans for next month and alltough i dont like, i think it's time for doing my first skipping of an edition since i've joined. :(

The good thing for me: i skip while i would PQ :D Some may know i dont like to PQ ;) Maybe pyry from ::fer will enjoy it more than i would ^^

We will see us in NSC 136 hopefully, xwave depends a bit about if i will be able to confirm an entry during its confirmation periode or not. Will tell ans that a 2 edition skip is possible.

Sorry [MENTION=4432]Morty[/MENTION] who seemingly would have liked my choosen 135 entry

Paper7

Re: KKB LS

I am pretty happy too see that the confirmation deadline is later than i have expected it, so i can take part in NSC 136! xheya And here is my entry:

INK 136

Kero Kero Bonito - Lipslap

I simply love this crazy track! xlove

I hope its eligible, i cant controll that atm... but i think there is a big chance it is :mrgreen:

Luki

Re: INK [136] Kero Kero Bonito - Lipslap

Yass! xbow I was so close to sending them several times. :D

Yoni

[MENTION=4380]Luke[/MENTION]

Paper7

Still hard to decide an entry... but i'm finally down to two favourites.

One is out from the USA and features Snoop Dogg.... the other is from an Indieband out of Austria and has sounds like old videogames in it.

24 Million views against 10'000 :D But i guess that the 24 Mio views one is not nearly as well known here as my last entry (134) was. ;)

strajker

Well, YouTube viewership doesn't really show if NSCers will find the song original or not, my next entry has 49 million views, and I'm sure most people here never heard about either the artist or the song, as the target demographics is Female 12-17. I think you should pick whichever is the best. :D

Paper7

Yes, you are right and i know that, i guess most of the 24 Mio views come from the USA itself and only a few from elsewhere. ^^

And i definetely will choose the best ;) The problem is just that i love both and they are so different, will be a pretty hard decision.

Paper7

I tried and tried, but i really can't come to a decision... so i do it again, and let my placement decide my next entry:

PQ = Skipping next edition because i dislike to PQ

#13 = Something like SomethingALaMode feat. Karl Lagerfeld - Rondo Parisiano
#14 = Sharks are flying high

Any other uneven one = Snoop Dog
Any other even one = Austrian indie

Paper7

Re: INK [137] This is no computer game, this is real life!

Fifty shades of Paperland and INK!
My personal ranking of my first 50 entries!

I've already sent more than 50 entries to this contest... and i thought its now time for me to go trough the history and i decided to make this with a personal ranking... feel free to say if something should be much higher or that you are shocked how much i love a song i ranked pretty damn high.

I still like every song i've ever sent... also my place 50 would get at least an 8 in a 10/10-ranking from me.

Let's start with the five lowest placed entries:

[ 50. ] 111: Ibeyi - Oya #1 [[video]]
Last place in this ranking, but first place in it's edition (thats why it is marked red, btw). Some people may remember me whining about having sent this :D It was like a last minute decision to send it after my first few listenings of it... just because i fell in love with it after them and also because i like to send different things. The problem for me was, that it lost its appeal to me during that edition completely (now it growed back a bit) and so i was very bipolar and a bit shocked about the victory, also because it hitted me all out of sudden, i never expected it!

[ 49. ] 122: HollySiz - The Light #s17 (#12 rj) [[video]]
She is not the best singer and tbh: the great video clip was what got my attention the most and i overhyped it out of that reason... it's possible that i underhype it now because of that i did that in the past ^^. It's still a pretty good song, but i wouldn't send it again.

[ 48. ] 90: Hindi Zahra - Stand Up #S21 [[video]]
This slowly lost its appeal to me bit by bit over the 3 1/2 years since i've sent it, but still something cool. Btw... i'm a bit unfolkish since a pretty long time and that will not change untill Paper comes back :(

[ 47. ] 128: Taylor Davis - Song of Time and Song of Storms #8 [[video]]
Taylor could be a bit more experimental with the sounds, but i still enjoy her version of two songs out of one of the greatest games of all time: Zelda - Ocarina of Time. I shortly thought about sending the original of the windmill song, but i wanted to send a more modern version.

[ 46. ] 124: Ashworth - Meo Mix (Remix) #s24 (#10 rj) [[video]]
Cat videos rules the internet!!!!!!
My shortest entry ever and imo the trashiest... but i like trash :D Love the vid!

[ 45. ] 113: Helene Fischer & Unheillig - So wie du warst #20 [[video]] [[Translated Lyrics]]
Very emotional entry... this song reminds me on the mother of my partner, pretty lovely person who cared for each other. Wouldn't love this song (we have a pretty big gap between 46 and 45) that much otherwise, i guess.

[ 44. ] 104: Alphaville - Song For No One #8 [[video]]
Growed down, but still a great song... i still have another Alphaville song on my list, a unreleased one :eek:
btw: The next Alphaville album will be released in september of this year.

[ 43. ] 87: Liquido - Gameboy #S18 [[video]]
I love this much more than the successfull "Ordinary Life" from the same album and i still wanna be your gameboy :twisted: Btw: This could have been an INK-entry if INK would have been part of NSC at that time, its the only Paperland entry which has the right feeling for me. :cool:

[ 42. ] 129: Toru Minegishi - Splatoon Ost: Fuel The Melody #s22 (#17 rj) [[video]]
Love this game! xheart And it has a great soundtrack... i thought about sending other songs from its soundtracks, but after the maybe most mainstream track did that bad i think i won't :D

[ 41. ] 116: Bodo Wartke - Liebeslied (The Multilingual Lovesong) #s21 [[video]]
The song itself isnt that great, but the thing behind it that there is a online-creater (you can find it in the video description) who allows to puzzle your own version out of many languages and the NF i made for this one makes it great enough to leave 9 other songs behind it. Bodo Wartke calls itself piano cabaretist and i should send him somewhen again with a more serious entry.

If you wanna listen, you can find the video-link behind every entry. If you don't want: go and watch one of my favourite internet-videos of all time: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VDvgL58h_Y

As list:
[ 50. ] 111: Ibeyi - Oya #1 [[video]]
[ 49. ] 122: HollySiz - The Light #s17 (#12 rj) [[video]]
[ 48. ] 90: Hindi Zahra - Stand Up #S21 [[video]]
[ 47. ] 128: Taylor Davis - Song of Time and Song of Storms #8 [[video]]
[ 46. ] 124: Ashworth - Meo Mix (Remix) #s24 (#10 rj) [[video]]
[ 45. ] 113: Helene Fischer & Unheillig - So wie du warst #20 [[video]] [[Translated Lyrics]]
[ 44. ] 104: Alphaville - Song For No One #8 [[video]]
[ 43. ] 87: Liquido - Gameboy #S18 [[video]]
[ 42. ] 129: Toru Minegishi - Splatoon Ost: Fuel The Melody #s22 (#17 rj) [[video]]
[ 41. ] 116: Bodo Wartke - Liebeslied (The Multilingual Lovesong) #s21 [[video]]

I'll continue tomorrow with this.

dogmeat

Re: INK [137] MNIM - Computer Game /// My personal Ranking of my first 50 entries!

This looks like ranking your favorite children to me.

Paper7

Re: INK [137] MNIM - Computer Game /// My personal Ranking of my first 50 entries!

This looks like ranking your favorite children to me.

I personally think, to say "I love all my children the same." is a big big lie... but yeah, the children should never feel this truth. ;)

But the songs have no feelings i can insult. :D

Paper7

My personal ranking of my first 50 entries! (continuation)

[ 40. ] 130: M - Baia #s24 (#24 rj) [[video]]
I was pretty surprised, how bad this done in NSC 130... just #24 in reju and in normal jury? Really? :eek: For myself: I overplayed it not much, but a bit, so it's maybe lower placed than deserved. At least i still love the video clip! xheart

[ 39. ] 109: Joanna Wang - The Revenge of the Farm Animals #S17 [[video]]
One of my most special entries and so far my only taiwanese one. It is pretty special and i love the lyrics. Especially because its so special, i'm still very happy that Tinchey choosed that one back then :)

[ 38. ] 115: Motionless In White - Reincarnate #s13 [[video]]
Is this already metal music? I have no idea, i'm pretty bad with genres like you may know ^^ But its definetely my hardest entry so far and i'm happy that i have shown a different side of me in that edition 8)

[ 37. ] 114: Foster The People - Best Friend (Lost Kings Remix) #s19 [[video]]
Pretty uninspired remix, i know, but i love this one... was my personal summer hit back then! Now it was getting harder to decide the placement in the ranking for an entry... this here is the first one i would give 10 out of 10 in a ranking from 0-10.

[ 36. ] 85: The Bianca Story - Afraid Of The World #13 [[video]]
Ah... the one time i've sent the same band at the same time to NSC and FSC, but with different songs (in FSC it was "Lazy Boy"). I love this song for transporting the feeling it should express that perfectly and i love the partly pretty creepy video clip.

[ 35. ] 96: Groove Armada feat. Richie Havens - Hands Of Time #S22 [[video]]
Shortly before i sent it, Richie Havens died... he is famous to be the one who opened the Woodstock-Festival, but was also a famous musician after that. I love this song and his voice... i were very surprised that it ended out of Top20 in semis :eek:

[ 34. ] 97: Christine Lauterburg - S'Liechtli #11 [[video]] [[Translated Lyrics]]
I never would have sent this song, if it wouldn't have beaten so many songs in the secret NF i had for this edition. I expected it would do pretty bad and was already shocked about its qualification and much more about it nearly reached the Top10. I love the lyrics of that song... you can find a bad translation of mine with clicking on the link.

[ 33. ] 131: Cam - Burning House #18 [[video]]
Never expected me to send a country ballad to NSC, country and ballad... one of the few genres which hits rarely my taste; but this one is just great. xheart xheart xheart

[ 32. ] 102: Sa Ding Ding feat. Wu Tsing-Fong - zi you xing zou de hua #6 [[video]]
Another shocker for me: This one hitted #6 after "Ha Ha Li Li" from the same singer did that bad? :eek: Not that i dislike this one, but i like the other one more and i also thought the other would have the bigger chance to do good.

[ 31. ] 120: Miho Hatori - Barracuda #s25 (last place) (#6 rj) [[video]]
I was completely in the wrong semi.... last place in semi? #6 in Reju? What the fuck!? The song itself is great, but again the psychedelical video is still a bit better :D

As list:
[ 40. ] 130: M - Baia #s24 (#24 rj) [[video]]
[ 39. ] 109: Joanna Wang - The Revenge of the Farm Animals #S17 [[video]]
[ 38. ] 115: Motionless In White - Reincarnate #s13 [[video]]
[ 37. ] 114: Foster The People - Best Friend (Lost Kings Remix) #s19 [[video]]
[ 36. ] 85: The Bianca Story - Afraid Of The World #13 [[video]]
[ 35. ] 96: Groove Armada feat. Richie Havens - Hands Of Time #S22 [[video]]
[ 34. ] 97: Christine Lauterburg - S'Liechtli #11 [[video]] [[Translated Lyrics]]
[ 33. ] 131: Cam - Burning House #18 [[video]]
[ 32. ] 102: Sa Ding Ding feat. Wu Tsing-Fong - zi you xing zou de hua #6 [[video]]
[ 31. ] 120: Miho Hatori - Barracuda #s25 (last place) (#6 rj) [[video]]

Paper7

[ 30. ] 91: Sa Ding Ding - Ha Ha Li Li #S13 [[video]]
Thought i've found a very cool entry at that time and that it will surely go to the final... i was wrong. Love this for her special voice, for mixing traditional with electronical elements and for its atmossphere... also the videoclip is awesome! Growed a bit down for me, but its still a 10/10.

[ 29. ] 101: Treekillaz - Disco #S18 [[video]]
Seems that i found this much funier than most of your :mrgreen: It was the "INK Music is Shit!" entry which were not posted by me, but by anselm (if anyone remember) :D My first 100% Rock entry (i mostly send Rock only mixed with other genres). I slowly begin to think about each song "What do this that low in the ranking"... but yeah, there were so many which are even better. :eek:

[ 28. ] 126: Snarky Puppy, Metropole Orkest - The Curtain #23 [[video]]
This was maybe the song which was the hardest to rank... just because it is 15 minutes long and has many different parts for me. Never expected this to reach the final and many surely disliked such a long entry, it at least was pretty funny at the live listenings :D

[ 27. ] 88: Steff la Cheffe - Annabelle #S17 [[video]] [[Translated Lyrics]]
I love this song, especially its great lyrics who are lost in translation and sounds pretty boring in mine, i guess ^^

[ 26. ] 123: Bombs Away - Drunk Arcade #16 [[video]]
Cool lyrics, cool video, cool tunes... nothing more to say. :cool:

[ 25. ] 107: BDC - Guter Mensch #S25 [[video]] [[Translated Lyrics]]
I totally see me in the lyrics of this song... alltough i'm sometimes also evil :twisted: Love the reggea sounds mixed with typical swiss tunes.

[ 24. ] 94: Potap i Nastya - Chumachechaya Vesna #1 [[video]]
Second winner i now already posted in this ranking, the other two reached the Top20. Back in time, this entry would have been higher placed (and not just because there were less rivals than now), but its still a big fun to hear it, especially with the vid.

[ 23. ] 98: Agent M - Shokolaad #9 [[video]]
I already sent this to another contest before and won that one with it... but i didnt expected to win NSC with. I'm just happy i could provide this entry a late but much deserved success in NSC (It already entered Microstate Qualification in the early years of NSC, but failed to qualifiy).

[ 22. ] 132: Edge Dub Monkeyz - EDM Doll #s24 (#11 rj) [[video]]
I was pretty surprised that this song could reach #11 in reju :eek: I thought nearly nobody would like this mix of hard EDM and japanese singers.

[ 21. ] 108: Tenhi - Vastakaiun #S24 [[video]]
One of my most outstanding entries and pretty untypical for me, i personally could only call one entry (Ice Age) who goes in a similar direction and that one is still very different.

As list:
[ 30. ] 91: Sa Ding Ding - Ha Ha Li Li #S13 [[video]]
[ 29. ] 101: Treekillaz - Disco #S18 [[video]]
[ 28. ] 126: Snarky Puppy, Metropole Orkest - The Curtain #23 [[video]]
[ 27. ] 88: Steff la Cheffe - Annabelle #S17 [[video]] [[Translated Lyrics]]
[ 26. ] 123: Bombs Away - Drunk Arcade #16 [[video]]
[ 25. ] 107: BDC - Guter Mensch #S25 [[video]] [[Translated Lyrics]]
[ 24. ] 94: Potap i Nastya - Chumachechaya Vesna #1 [[video]]
[ 23. ] 98: Agent M - Shokolaad #9 [[video]]
[ 22. ] 132: Edge Dub Monkeyz - EDM Doll #s24 (#11 rj) [[video]]
[ 21. ] 108: Tenhi - Vastakaiun #S24 [[video]]

Salmon

Small correction: Snarky Puppy didn't really reach the final, since they were prequalified after Bear's Den won the edition before. ;)

Paper7

Okay... Thank you! I had it in my mind that they qualified :eek: Must've been the confusion after the shocking winning of Bear's Den ^^

Paper7

[ 20. ] 83: SomethingALaMode feat. Karl Lagerfeld - Rondo Parisiano #1 [[video]]
My first entry, my first win! :eek:And in the end it was all because of Yaponesia and Takeru!
Why? I've planed from begining on (me joining the WL more than one year before i finaly could enter the contest) to send "Clazziquai Project - Flea" as my debut entry and because i stopped some editions before that to vote in semi-rejus... i didnt notice that just one edition before Yaponesia entered that song in NSC 82!!! I was very shocked as Sean told me that and i also was a bit sad, because i love "Flea" and i always and i looked forward excitedly to finaly send it.

I've had a hard time to find in a short time a new song... in the end i decided for a song, which i already sent to another song contest and still was awesome: Rondo Parisiano*!

I've never expected to win with it, i just hoped to qualify... i was shocked about winning the first edition with me as participant! Also because i'm not used with winning... from approximately 50 songcontests before, i've only won two times and all of them havent had 60 participants like NSC have (one of my victories was in WLSC with only arround 15 participants). Paperland was one of just a few nations which did that and the first since arround 40 editions.

Today, i honestly only can thank Takeru thousand times for "destroying my dream"... seriously, the reality was so much better! :D

*btw.: it only got place #13 out of 40 in that other song contest, with more than 50 points less than the winner

[ 19. ] 112: Kai Tracid - Tiefenrausch (The Deep Blue) (Orchestral version) #19 [[video]]
I liked the Trance-Version as it was released... but i always thought that it must be a coverversion or a sample and i've searched for and yes: the original is from documovie (i guess the name was "In to the Deep Blue"), but i couldnt get the soundtrack somewhere... so i forgott about it.
Some Years later, shortly before edition 112 i remembered that song because it were played in a shop on the radio. I again searched for it and tadaaa! On the single-CD of the trance version, there was this orchestral version of it! xlove

[ 18. ] 100: Mehmet Akar - The Light Goes On* #S16 [[video]]
My 2nd INK entry and my entry for the anniversairy edition. I was pretty happy to end out of Bottom 5 of the semi with this, so i'm okay with the placement. Still love this hypnotic sounds! xheart The first and maybe last turkish entry from me. ^^ I guess it would have got more points if the end of the song wouldnt have been that long.

[ 17. ] 121: Safia - Counting Sheep #8 [[video]]
The most succesfull INK-Song under this first 50 entries. Brought me trough some sleepless nights :D Love this creepy tune. By the way: before the official video was there, there was one with Mr. Beam... fits also very good to that song ^^

[ 16. ] 86: salyu × salyu - Tadano Tomodachi (live) #27 (#4) [[video]]
To thinking about this one always makes me a bit sad.... i had my voting ready... thought i have sent it to the host before going on vacation (i definetely had the message window open), but i haven't sent it. :(
It would have ended on 4th place, if i wouldnt have ftv... never expected this could do so well. Ah... and the live version i've sent is much better than the album version!

[ 15. ] 119: Dolls United - Eine Insel mit zwei Bergen #26 [[video]]
Awww... Childhood Memories! xlove Not in connection with the Augsburger Puppenkiste, where the originaltune is comming from, but to this 90's hit in germany from the so called "New German Dancefloor"... for a short time back then it was pretty successfull to take childsongs or similar and making an edm-track out of it... one of the few songs of which i remember the lyrics ^^

[ 14. ] 106: Shane Shu - I See Sheeps Falling From the Sky #S18 [[video]]
Anselm had to wait a long time for me finally sending this one, but i always delayed and delayed it again. But in 106, it was finally time! :eek: But awfully, alltough we both thought that this fits perfectly to NSC, it stucked in the semis :( Nevertheless im still happy with have sent it!

[ 13. ] 93: How To Destroy Angels - Ice Age #S22 [[video]]
Let me just quote a post i made before revealing this as my NSC 93 entry:

This "This one song that i discovered a few time ago and couldnt describe it yet. It is one with reduced music and a special feeling" song makes me crazy...

i feel everything about it untill now... i like it, it bores me, it annoys me, i hate it, it totally amazes me, i didnt notice that i have heared it, i love it, it makes me agressive, it fascinates me, it fears me, it makes me sad, it makes me happy, it confuses me, i totally enjoy one sentence of the lyrics, i wont hear this lyrics anymore...

:confused: :eek: xboring xlove :shock: xbored X-OI xgaah xshrug xcry xthink xhelp xwhistle :| xheart

But i still want to send it.

I can't understand that this have done that bad :(

[ 12. ] 95: Frank Zander - Du kannst nicht immer 17 sein #27 [[video]]
I love this one, but not many others beside Tinchey did the same. :( Frank Zander is a german musician who also did german schlager, but always experimented with styles in music and in 2004 he made two albums with german schlager covers in a very dark rock-style... this is one of the covers and change the meaning of the lyrics completely without really changing them, awesome!!!

[ 11. ] 99: Djs From Mars feat. Fragma - Insane (In Da Brain)* #S20 [[video]]
First INK entry ever!!! With a tribute video to many famous music video clips and a great rocky sound!

As list:
[ 20. ] 83: SomethingALaMode feat. Karl Lagerfeld - Rondo Parisiano #1 [[video]]
[ 19. ] 112: Kai Tracid - Tiefenrausch (The Deep Blue) (Orchestral version) #19 [[video]]
[ 18. ] 100: Mehmet Akar - The Light Goes On* #S16 [[video]]
[ 17. ] 121: Safia - Counting Sheep #8 [[video]]
[ 16. ] 86: salyu × salyu - Tadano Tomodachi #27 (#4) [[video]]
[ 15. ] 119: Dolls United - Eine Insel mit zwei Bergen #26 [[video]]
[ 14. ] 106: Shane Shu - I See Sheep Fall From The Sky #S18 [[video]]
[ 13. ] 93: How To Destroy Angels - Ice Age #S22 [[video]]
[ 12. ] 95: Frank Zander - Du kannst nicht immer 17 sein #27 [[video]]
[ 11. ] 99: Djs From Mars feat. Fragma - Insane (In Da Brain)* #S20 [[video]]

Paper7

[ 10. ] 110: Adrian Zaar - Diese Stille #S23 [
[ 09. ] 118: dan le sac vs Scroobius Pip - You will see me #6
I guess, this was my most impressive and most atmospheric entry ever! I'm so glad, that i decided to send this one... i was near to don't do that. Great lyrics, great atmosphere and great speech! I get goosebumps everytime i hear it! And this is a song... if i start to play, it always will be played to the end, i can't skip this one, can't pause it... its so hypnotical!

[ 08. ] 89: Clazziquai Project - Ping #S22
Songs about lesbian girls seems to do not work on NSC :D But naah, i guess that wasnt the problem ^^ I had to sent the Clazziquai Project at least once, so i've sent my second favourite song (at that time) of them.

[ 07. ] 127: Monkey Majik + m-flo - Picture Perfect #s21 (#10 rj)
The one song which leaded me the way to one of my favourite music countries: South Korea! To say it short: Monkey Majik -> m-flo -> Verbal (one part of m-flo) -> verbal collaborated with Clazziquai Project from South Korea for the japanese version of their song "Love Mode"
I honestly expected more from my awesome avatar-song :( I know it's old-fashioned, but in a very good way if you ask me :D

As list:
[ 10. ] 110: Adrian Zaar - Diese Stille #S23 [URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRNp6NoO1q8"][[video]]
[[Translated Lyrics]]
[ 09. ] 118: dan le sac vs Scroobius Pip - You will see me #6 [[video]]
[ 08. ] 89: Clazziquai Project - Ping #S22 [[video]]
[ 07. ] 127: Monkey Majik + m-flo - Picture Perfect #s21 (#10 rj) [[video]]

Top Bottom