5 3.2%

2 1.3%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

lasse braun

luxembourg is back and how! (y)
they were never away - great show - wonderful moderation and an extra xheartfor desiree and my old memories.
but there was also something not so good - first the votemode - crazy to give 3 superfinalists jurypoints and not televote only like in
many other countries = jury & tele all 8 and then tele only in the superfinal.
second: the winner song.
it's an ok song for me but not a great one or near.
my personal winner was this young lovely girl - she was the act with the core of luxembourgs ESC music tradition.xrose

jatojo

luxembourg is back and how! (y)
they were never away - great show - wonderful moderation and an extra xheartfor desiree and my old memories.
but there was also something not so good - first the votemode - crazy to give 3 superfinalists jurypoints and not televote only like in
many other countries = jury & tele all 8 and then tele only in the superfinal.
second: the winner song.
it's an ok song for me but not a great one or near.
my personal winner was this young lovely girl - she was the act with the core of luxembourgs ESC music tradition.xrose
My favourite song before the show - but she was too tense. I could see it in her eyes from the first second of the performance, and it influenced her vocal.

Loindici

Veteran
There's something refined and clean about it. It's a rich and lush pop song, don't know how it will fare with the public though.
the amount of antisemetic bs ive seen on twitter over this woman winning is insane im so glad we have this forum its the most civil and level headed eurovision discussion place on the internet by far
Taking into account that Luxembourg Song Contest is produced by Tali Eshkoli... wait, what am I thinking?

MopManMoss

Veteran
There's something refined and clean about it. It's a rich and lush pop song, don't know how it will fare with the public though.

Taking into account that Luxembourg Song Contest is produced by Tali Eshkoli... wait, what am I thinking?

I have made my stance on Israel clear on this forum several times there is zero excuse for people claiming tali won because she is Israeli and the production of the nf was done by Israelis that is getting into flat earther conspiracy territory

CPV4931

My favorite winning this NF, nice choice :-)

NemesisNick

I watched Luxembourg's national final, Luxembourg Song Contest 2024 live, online from the UK, yesterday evening (Saturday 27 January 2024). I've made a video containing my opinions on all eight finalist songs, in order of performance (based on Luxembourg Song Contest 2024 performances), and my ranking from eighth to first in My Eurovision Scoreboard.

Nemesis Nick Talks Eurovision: Luxembourg Song Contest 2024 Review

Iker

Veteran
It's good to have Luxembourg back! I'm yet to listen to Fighter though, lol. But it seems that Tali won't embarrass Luxembourg this judging from what I read so far.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Something really strange is happening in NFs so far this year. My favourite has won in each of them (..well, 3rd or so fav in Albania but still). Luxembourg's selection though was extremely mediocre so I can't exactly say I'm excited.

Fighter is decent and the sensible choice. Maybe Luxembourg can enjoy a boost this year from the novelty of their return after so many decades away? The whole thing's energy is quite low-key and I do get some flop vibes from the entry that are hard to explain. I feel they will need to ramp it all up in some way to make the song and performance more memorable. It's a pleasant little bop but not much more.

:6: points

Sabrewulf238

I feel like the only thing Luxembourg has going for it right now are the "Hey you're back" votes.

Maybe that will still be enough to get them over the line.

Though I guess how much you care about voting that way might depend on if you have any memory of Luxembourg competing in the contest before. (or you're a superfan who loves old Luxembourg entries) For a lot of people I guess Luxembourg will just feel like a new country participating.

HarryUK

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm watching the interval back with all the former winners and it's reinforced my desire to have Charlotte Perrelli back for Sweden!!!

ZoboCamel

I'm putting this in the Malta-bucket of "perfectly functional but entirely forgettable radio pop." I never quite got the praise for it when the studio versions came out, and the live performance (while fine) did nothing more to convince me.

It does at least get a slight leg up over Malta for the native language, the decently moody verses and the less-irritating chorus melody, but that's still only enough to stretch it to :4:, I think.

Yoozek

That's a tough one to sing right, while it's not making a grand impression at the same time. Pity, that song written by Elsie Bay was a better choice imho.

Top Bottom