2 1.3%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

HarryUK

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't really get it. She's dressed like she's gonna slay the stage with pyro and start screaming and belting, but she's singing this ethnic pop song which does not suit her aesthetic at all lol

It's alright but as girly bop's go it's not amazing. Wish it was all in French too

:3:

NemesisNick

The winner has been announced: Tali – "Fighter"

Congratulations Tali. I was surprised Tali won the jury vote with 94 points; I'd have thought Krick would have won the jury vote. Interestingly Krick won the public vote with 85 points, and Tali was second in the public vote with 84 points, but Tali won outright with a combined score of 178 points.

It just goes to show how close the public vote must have been for Krick and Tali to be one point apart. Presumably it was calculated as a percentage of 240 points (I've just added up the jury points and that's how much the juries gave collectively).

So Tali will represent Luxembourg at the Eurovision Song Contest with "Fighter". The question is, can she qualify to the Grand Final. We don't know which semi-final Luxembourg will be in yet, that will be determined this coming Tuesday.

Decayingbooks

Gave it a :5:. Feel kind of meh about it overall.

It's kind of annoying to me that it will probably qualify just because of the novelty of Luxembourg returning.
I could see the judges giving them points as a welcome gift, but in a 100% televote semi I doubt that will happen.

Mainshow

Veteran
:5: pts for now.

The performance was 6 points-worthy but I just don't love the song at all. It's too tame for her outift. The arrangement is too dated for Eurovision nowadays and I believe that the swith to English throughout the song is kinda tacky.
It's a decent entry and it might have had a chance to qualify in the mid 00's but they really have to revamp the song and the performance... otherwise,
better luck next year, Luxembourg.

EscGeek

Veteran
Tali is a good example why I can't give a definitive answer in a battle between juries and televoters. They both have their moments and they can both suck sometimes.

I have to thank juries for this contribution to Eurovision 2024 piece of the puzzle xheya

MopManMoss

Veteran
Like the song it is compotent and a good effort after a 31 year absence, production was great, loved the oversized novelty boarding pass and the fact the trophy broke within 10 seconds of it being presented

Good evening, I hope that there are many Luxembourg song contests to come

Decayingbooks

"Fighter" is a fine song, radio friendly. :5:
If the tendency is to select more alternative and artsy songs like Ireland and Slovenia continues, Luxembourg could attract those that just want a more "normal" fun poppy song, but if another banger comes along I have no doubt that it will be easily overshadowed.
Also, one thing to keep in mind, is that Luxembourg can benefit a lot if other french speaking countries vote in their semifinal, so until the allocation draw it is hard to predict if it will or not qualify.

njdevils94

Veteran
Yay! One of the best songs won xcheer

I believe Tali is only the 2nd ever part Peruvian artists to ever go to ESC after :es: 1979 Betty Missiego.

The anti-semitic and hateful comments on twitter after her victory are very disappointing but not a surprise at all.

Malagant

FSC Administrator
Staff member
I love that Luxembourg are back in ESC! They produced my favourite ESC-song of all time, the legendary "Apres Toi" by Vicky Leandros (1972).

This is catchy and nice. I give it 7p. Welcome back, Luxembourg!

Fluke

A real disappointment.

I had hoped for something fresh and contemporary, different from what France tends to send, to establish their own identity for a country that's practically new to the contest. This just feels like a French or Spanish entry, and a woefully outdated one at that. This is just the kind of production the contest was overfilled with in the mid-noughties. Now it just feels "done" and comically out of date.

Musically, vocally it isn't bad, the song is better written than the norm for the genre, but i just wish they could have chosen something else. I bet some are going to think it'll do well because "it's a banger with a spectacular staging" but i think viewers will have a hard time remembering it, there's nothing to make a real impact other than that they're "good at dancing, and singing too". There's no personality, no message, i see it just not working.

People won't go wild for an entry just because it has flashy choreography, and the song is as outdated as the staging. It won't connect with people today like it would have 20 years ago.

Still final is likely just because it's competent enough, and there probably won't be another entry just like it. I'd hate for Luxembourg's debut to be a NQ, but low in the final is likely. It's mostly going to appeal to a special kind of old school ESC fanatics, it's too much of an "anonymous product" to get to people's hearts.

jatojo

Okay, Naomi's performance wasn't perfect (as I had sort of expected, given her age and the pressure), and I think she would have had to be perfect to win. 'Fighter' is a decent song that has a chance of qualifying in Malmö (I don't quite connect with it (yet), so I've given it a 6). Number 3, 'Believer', would have been able to qualify, too.

Mainshow

Veteran
A real disappointment.

I had hoped for something fresh and contemporary, different from what France tends to send, to establish their own identity for a country that's practically new to the contest. This just feels like a French or Spanish entry, and a woefully outdated one at that. This is just the kind of production the contest was overfilled with in the mid-noughties. Now it just feels "done" and comically out of date.

Musically, vocally it isn't bad, the song is better written than the norm for the genre, but i just wish they could have chosen something else. I bet some are going to think it'll do well because "it's a banger with a spectacular staging" but i think viewers will have a hard time remembering it, there's nothing to make a real impact other than that they're "good at dancing, and singing too". There's no personality, no message, i see it just not working.

People won't go wild for an entry just because it has flashy choreography, and the song is as outdated as the staging. It won't connect with people today like it would have 20 years ago.

Still final is likely just because it's competent enough, and there probably won't be another entry just like it. I'd hate for Luxembourg's debut to be a NQ, but low in the final is likely. It's mostly going to appeal to a special kind of old school ESC fanatics, it's too much of an "anonymous product" to get to people's hearts.

I completely agree with everything you said.
If you ask me, the song as it is + the performance we've just witness: it's a surefire NQ in May.
It's not "female bop" catchy enough and not well-executed to really get these votes from the (gay) hardcore fans craving for mid 00's pop.
They really have to revamp a lot to get a tiny chance to qualify (+ a good draw in the semi).
It's not "chanceless" but :lu: really have to put a lot of effort and money to make this dated (but pretty decent) entry competitive.

It didn't even win the televoting in its own country (in which hardcore fans around Europe were already allowed to vote) and Eurovision is way more competitive and I fail to see how the general public will be voting for a dated bilingual pop song and I'm pretty sure that hardcore fans won't place :lu: in their own Top 3 (which is crucial for them to actually vote, imo).

ayzelto

This is my favourite so far, but I am shocked that having 6 songs already I haven’t given more than 7 points to any of them.

This one is a 7 out of 12. The song itself is cool, but there has to be a lot of improvement (starting with the vocals) if she wants to qualify.

I don’t believe in sympathy votes. If people don’t like the song it won’t qualify (and Luxembourg in particular has some neighbours but they need to be in the same semi…)

LivingOrganism

I'm really surprised seeing the mixed feelings about the entry among eurovision fans. I absolutely love it. With some improvements it can easily get a top 10 in Malmö.

Top Bottom