5 3.8%

6 4.5%

15 11.4%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

ayzelto

poll is up. I’m giving this 5 points for its memorable chorus. It’s a pity that the verses are weak and forgettable. With only televote I see this struggling tbh. Good luck!

• Like It
Reactions: MS.

CPV4931

The rare case, when my two favorites (Like A Movie and So Low) were the pre-NF-favorites... so very disappointed with the result, could be a grower, but at the moment the songs seems very average to me

Smudy

Did anyone expect this to win?

The chorus is really good but otherwise, it's not memorable at all.

agnobu

i guess it's a matter of taste. I just feel like the breaks are slammed on hard and the tone of the song completely shifts for it. I also find it overly repetitive.
It should be repetitive. Čiūto-tūto is our folkloric motive that were used in Lithuanian folk songs and dances, as magical incantations, which by repeating constantly, we began to hear the voice of our heart more and more.

Last edited:

Realest

She wasn't a random winner at all. Just the 3rd horse in what people thought was a two horse race. Her performance tonight looked like a winner to be honest and her jury score reflected that. As I stated earlier in the week I though she had a decent chance.

She had 7% and was 6th Place in the Eurovisionworld-Poll and 7th at Eurovision Scoeboard. This is random, NJ.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
I was right about Monika having a chance to win. Just a shame the victory is dampened by the unfairness of a few jury members holding power over thousands of public votes. They absolutely shouldn't. It was a tie and Ruta deserved to go seeing as she won the public vote.

But regardless, I quite like Stay. It was my third or so favourite tonight. The performance I thought was impressive and it did give me national final winner vibes as I stated before. The win doesn't surprise me. Monika's a sincere performer and Stay has an anthemic quality to it which she carries extremely well. The pre-chorus is epic and then that refrain is so sticky.

I think with Stay Lithuania has a decent chance. Ruta had of course a more interesting song and I would have been curious to find out what would have happened with it. Beatrice meanwhile despite her capabilities on stage I think would have pulled an Ireland.. although we'll never know.

:8: points

edit: Actually after a few more listens I think I'll put it at 7 for now, tying at the top with Latvia, Belgium and Norway in my ranking

Last edited:

Iker

Veteran
Is it just me who thinks that the running order might could just about made the difference for Monika Linkyte to get enough votes for the 2nd in the televote that enabled the victory together with the jury vote? People tend to remember the last one and it was not a year with one standout entry/act like with The Roop or Monika Liu.

Last edited:

Ezio

Veteran
This song is dull and boring, but it would be at least a decent choice without the belted notes. I hate when singers with not so stellar vocals do that.

Deleted member 12761

I really like the first part of the song especially 0:45. It's nothing that we haven't seen before at Eurovision. Very typical Eurovision ballad but I like it. 1:05 however kinda ruins it for me again. Really don't like the change.

njdevils94

Veteran
She had 7% and was 6th Place in the Eurovisionworld-Poll and 7th at Eurovision Scoeboard. This is random, NJ.
Don't base everything off odds. She started to gain momentum after changing around some things in the song in her semifinal performance. No clue why she was as low as 6th. Should've easily been 3rd in theodds because Petunija never had the televote support and Paulina only did better in the jury after her semi performance. She tried to change things up on the final but it didn't quite work out.

This song is dull and boring, but it would be at least a decent choice without the belted notes. I hate when singers with not so stellar vocals do that.
Imagine thinking Monika Linkyte doesn't have great vocals. :lol:

ESC94

I just read that Monika already represented :lt: back in 2015 in Vienna. I totally forgot about that to be honest and after I listened to her song back then I understand why. :lol:

In my opinion "Stay" is just three minutes of blandness, the verses are really boring and the chorus with the backing chorus isn´t my cup of tea as well, I`m simply not a big fan of Gospel inspired music. And am I the only one who thinks that verses don´t really fit together?? They sound like two songs mixed into one for me. xthink

All in all I give Monika an underwhelming :3:, not unlistenable but just uninteresting. xbored

Last edited:
Top Bottom