10 4.4%

12 5.2%

53 23.1%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Cathan

to gobann sounds a bit messy and noisy to me (i was constantly checking if i had other tabs open on my laptop where some more music was coming from) but it's defintitely interesting and would be a great choice for ireland.

just listened to doomsday blue... definitely more modern than anything ireland has sent to far but i don't see that this song would work without the effects on the lead vocals and correct me if i'm wrong but i don't think that's allowed at eurovision (?)
I think alot of the issue people have with Go Tobann is the poor audio quality, its released on Spotify tomorrow so alot of those issues will be resolved I suspect.

I suspect they have a way of making it work as I dont think they would have picked Doomsday Blue otherwise.

Datura

I think alot of the issue people have with Go Tobann is the poor audio quality, its released on Spotify tomorrow so alot of those issues will be resolved I suspect.

I suspect they have a way of making it work as I dont think they would have picked Doomsday Blue otherwise.
ah ok i thought this was some kind of official rip, then i'll wait with my judgement

alright well let's hope so. i think these 2 songs are at least way more interesting and current than bascially everything ireland has offered in the last years (which is a shame because as i learned the irish music scene is great and very diverse)

anabanana2000

just listened to doomsday blue... definitely more modern than anything ireland has sent to far but i don't see that this song would work without the effects on the lead vocals and correct me if i'm wrong but i don't think that's allowed at eurovision (?)
May be a debate here whether or not this is all for "effect" rather than "enhancing" the vocals!?

Doomsday Blue is by far my fav of the lot, can't wait to see it live

Cathan

ah ok i thought this was some kind of official rip, then i'll wait with my judgement

alright well let's hope so. i think these 2 songs are at least way more interesting and current than bascially everything ireland has offered in the last years (which is a shame because as i learned the irish music scene is great and very diverse)
Oh definitely not! Doomsday Blue is the only song in the selection that is officially out.

HarryUK

Super Moderator
Staff member
Why do I like Doomsday Blue so much when I feel I really shouldn’t at all for some reason

This probably don’t win because the grannies that watch the Late Late show will vote for the boyband

Cathan

Why do I like Doomsday Blue so much when I feel I really shouldn’t at all for some reason

This probably don’t win because the grannies that watch the Late Late show will vote for the boyband
I actually have the exact same feeling, its not my kind of song at all and has alot of elements I usually dont stomach well but I cant help but really like it, must be the sign of a really good song when it can convert people who normally wouldnt go for it!

While grannies do watch Eurosong it tends to be mostly younger people who vote so I wouldnt worry about that!

HarryUK

Super Moderator
Staff member
I actually have the exact same feeling, its not my kind of song at all and has alot of elements I usually dont stomach well but I cant help but really like it, must be the sign of a really good song when it can convert people who normally wouldnt go for it!

While grannies do watch Eurosong it tends to be mostly younger people who vote so I wouldnt worry about that!
I think at this stage we’re just grateful for different genres being represented!

PlasticToad

5th artist is Bambie Thug with this song

I have a feeling this will be marmitey but I LOVE it. Bambie Thug's music in general is right up my street, if we manage to get more weird industrial hyperpop stuff in Eurovision I'll be a happy bunny.

Btw, I wonder if Bambie applying may have been due to the influence of another weird industrial hyperpop Eurovision artist - look at the editor of some of their videos, and you'll see a certain Luke Black...

Cathan

I have a feeling this will be marmitey but I LOVE it. Bambie Thug's music in general is right up my street, if we manage to get more weird industrial hyperpop stuff in Eurovision I'll be a happy bunny.

Btw, I wonder if Bambie applying may have been due to the influence of another weird industrial hyperpop Eurovision artist - look at the editor of some of their videos, and you'll see a certain Luke Black...
Not going to lie, when I first listened to this song the first ESC entry that came to my head was Samo Spava!

Mainshow

Veteran
Budget irish poppy to Malmo! I will sacrifice all the peanuts and butter for thus
You really want me to place :ie: in the 2023 category in the "2023 vs 2024" thread despite Wild Youth being totally vanilla and ridiculous on stage.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
This should have just been a two song epic national final battle between Go Tobann and Doomsday Blue, two highly divisive but stupendously bold and refreshing entries for Ireland that would shake a whole continent, getting the country back in the final after many years. Instead they'll cancel each other out and I'm afraid this is going to be yet another trip to Twinks Я Us, sending extremely middling pop that ends up with about 26 points in the semi.

Prove me wrong, Ireland. Prove me wrong.

I think I prefer the chaos of Go Tobann. It's giving me Cyberpunk radio vibes. Doomsday Blue is going down a Poppy rock route ( I'm less a stan of her music since she took this style turn admittedly). Both are up for the job here. Doomsday Blue is the safer option though I feel.

EscGeek

Veteran
Bambie Thug....very good. Will be one of my faves for sure.

I think :ie: is actually listening to criticism..last year the entire selection was one big nothing and Wild Youth only won because they performed their song better than the rest. Two years ago Brooke was the only good thing that came out of it and she was ROBBED at ESC. This year there's more buzz around this selection.xclap

I can't wait to hear proper studio quality of "Go tobann" I get :ro: E-an-na vibes xmusic This will be a headbanger!

BorisBubbles

Veteran
Ireland are going to pick Erica, aren't they? :ROFLMAO: What else are they going to vote for?

Doomsday Blue is much less my thing (it's so... inconsistent?) so i prefer Ailsha's immediate mayhem chaos carnage.

Still, way more interesting than anything I've ever heard in an Irish NF, and I've been following them since 2013.

Top Bottom