6 3.4%

7 4.0%

10 5.7%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

soulm8

France is like this good movie that gives you the cry you needed for a long time!

Sammy

Veteran
Whereas other countries go for more backing vocals, more prerecorded stuff, more sound effects, here is a true singer - raw, authentic, emotional. It takes so much skill and nerve to serve such a long a capella part. I really hope at least the juries will honor this.

Lumina

Right now I expect him to be the jury winner with a HUGE margin. I think most countries will give the 12 points to him because there is actually no other choice.

GRE

Right now I expect him to be the jury winner with a HUGE margin. I think most countries will give the 12 points to him because there is actually no other choice.
Many other choices.
Switzerland, Sweden, Ukraine, Israel, Italy, Belgium, Portugal, Australia, Germany, UK, Denmark, Lithuania, Georgia.

John1

Many other choices.
Switzerland, Sweden, Ukraine, Israel, Italy, Belgium, Portugal, Australia, Germany, UK, Denmark, Lithuania, Georgia.
I think you underestimate the impact of the acapella part he included in his performance.

Looren

Veteran
I really hope he manages to do well, come on ESC it's been 10 years that I haven't had my N°1 in the final top 10, let it be this year

GRE

I think you underestimate the impact of the acapella part he included in his performance.
I support him, and I do believe he can be top5 at juries and top10 overall, but that's it.

soulm8

He will slay big time and I’m here for it!

tararaaam

This will do really well with the juries. He is quite talented, but I find the whole package unnecessarily over dramatic. 7 points

Lumina

Many other choices.
Sure but there are more points to give than the 12s.

I just took into consideration who the juries gave their 12 points to in the past.
Mainly ballads and/or songs with great voices. Songs with a strong message. Sweden. Slow songs with a splash of sophistication.

This year I can’t see anyone getting the 12s but France. Maybe Italy.

Switzerland? Yes, I expect him being 2nd or 3rd in the jury vote. Some countries might be too conservative to give 12 points. Depends on how he‘s gonna deliver.

Croatia? They didn’t give points to Käärija last year and I doubt Baby Lasagna will do better.

So I think CH, IT and HR are all quite high in the jury vote but the jury tend to choose someone different usually. Someone quite popular but not top 2.

Fluke

Don't get why he chose to wear... white?!? I thought bringing the mirror outfit from the video was a given.

BorisBubbles

Veteran
Well I definitely hope he doesn't win Eurovision like Matt and Roy seem to believe. I would hope the year is strong enough so we don't have to crown a vocal projection exercise as our winner.

soulm8

Well I definitely hope he doesn't win Eurovision like Matt and Roy seem to believe. I would hope the year is strong enough so we don't have to crown a vocal projection exercise as our winner.
It’s the emotions he brings with his voice and aura. It’s not a high pitch emotionless shouting . “Due Vite” is a good example of the power of soulful performance.

94ayd

No need to worry, pretty sure he will flop televoting if not both votes. His arrogant screams are just unbearable and soulless.

BorisBubbles

Veteran
It’s the emotions he brings with his voice and aura. It’s not a high pitch emotionless shouting . “Due Vite” is a good example of the power of soulful performance.
I don't care much for Due Vite either - it's not like DV is bad, but it accomplishes things I don't care for in music. I have my sad songs. I have my comfort songs. I have my own coping mechanisms for when I desire a handsome man, or wholesome words being whispered in my ear. I don't require a Due Vite for any of those things, and that's why I always been lukewarm towards it, at best. It was a competent song though with a well-established narrative by a very charming lead and I respect its skill. It's just not my cup of tea. When I listen to music, I just look for other things.

Mon Amour is intended to be like Due Vite, but it's not even close to its level. Its narrative is wretched. Like, he fucks up his relationship, she not only leaves him, but breaks off all contact AND MOVES AWAY FROM HIS CITY and yet i'm supposed to believe he isn't sure whether she likes him or not? Dude, I don't know her and yet I already know the answer. MOVE ON.

Sadly, he does not, and spends three minutes lamenting it, with a surprisingly lack of dignity. The lyrics establish we're right at the end of a toxic relationship, where HE fails at introspection or understand her need for personal space. And that realization KILLS all the potential romance Mon Amour could have had for me. It makes me want to root AGAINST the person singing it.

Instrumentally, the song is deliberately stripped down for the purpose of vocals and lyrics. Love rich instrumentation, the song offers none. That's too bad. The lyrics suck and the vocals, well... loud is a pitch, not an emotion. Slimane needs to be careful because he sometimes strays into the former without transitioning into the latter.

The song feels like it was specifically put together for people who don't know French, but could be swayed by something specifically French-sounding or a big vocal that (highly contemptuous) Makes Them Cry. I personally find it phoney and insidious but hey that is (thankfully for France) just me.

Theoretically that voice COULD win Eurovision. But if it does not, can we at least all agree that Mon Amour as a composition fucking suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks?

Top Bottom