6 3.4%

7 4.0%

10 5.7%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Neely

The rework is insane. I wish he would start with the ballad and then switch to the rework.

Where is this infamour rework??

A 'rework' from Slimane's producers was made available on Friday. At the official ESC You Tube channel and also available for streaming or download from iTunes.

https://youtu.be/DQx3z-glHGA?si=u7wo-cihe3DKym2I

Obviously it's not for the contest but part of the ongoing series of covers\stripped back versions the contenders have been doing for the ESC channel for the last few years.

After the Barcelona performance I'd be up for a full Spanish recording, Italian too for that matter, real old school Eurovision to record multiple language versions!

Sammy

Veteran
He‘s clearly the best singer this year and also the one who conveys the most emotion. I mean he litterally lives this song and he has more charisma then all of the other participants together. The song may not be the most outstanding one, but what he makes out of it is remarkable. Unfortunately all of this will not be enough…

ESC94

He‘s clearly the best singer this year and also the one who conveys the most emotion. I mean he litterally lives this song and he has more charisma then all of the other participants together. The song may not be the most outstanding one, but what he makes out of it is remarkable. Unfortunately all of this will not be enough…

What´s your current prediction??

Paco Roca

In my opinion he is the singer with the most potential but at the moment he hasn't expressed it. Many still evaluate Slimane based on the product in the studio... In pre parties and various presentations I have never seen that magic and vocal cleanliness so much praised. Probably in May he will be fit and sweep the stage but for now it's a no. The best vocally, for me, at the moment are Teya Dora, Eden Golan, Gåte, Angelina Mango + Dons and Iolanda (who are not supported by very strong songs).

Slimane is indecipherable. He can win (if he manages to express his potential and thanks to the noisy 2024 edition) or he can simply finish in the Top 10 (if his interpretation of him is without fame and without praise) or sink to fifteenth place (if he gets it wrong something).

However, those who love "Mon Amour", with all due respect, I don't understand it... such a basic ballad and full of clichés... it's a flat ditty that has no levels...

I conclude by saying, anyone who thinks that Slimane has no rivals is wrong. It's true that he doesn't have many "pure ballads" to counter him (perhaps the only "ballad artists", more or less, are Teya Dora and Eden Golan) but he will also have to deal with the emotional song of Belgium (little vocality, simple construction but a lot of charisma and in the chorus he expresses everything), Angelina Mango (who has a very emotional phase of her singing) and the Folk Rock + powerful voice of Gåte.

EDIT: honorable mention to Marina Satti's voice. But she has a song with no ballad nuances.

Last edited:

ESC94

In my opinion he is the singer with the most potential but at the moment he hasn't expressed it. Many still evaluate Slimane based on the product in the studio... In pre parties and various presentations I have never seen that magic and vocal cleanliness so much praised. Probably in May he will be fit and sweep the stage but for now it's a no. The best vocally, for me, at the moment are Teya Dora, Eden Golan, Gåte, Angelina Mango + Dons and Iolanda (who are not supported by very strong songs).

Slimane is indecipherable. He can win (if he manages to express his potential and thanks to the noisy 2024 edition) or he can simply finish in the Top 10 (if his interpretation of him is without fame and without praise) or sink to fifteenth place (if he gets it wrong something).

However, those who love "Mon Amour", with all due respect, I don't understand it... such a basic ballad and full of clichés... it's a flat ditty that has no levels...

I conclude by saying, anyone who thinks that Slimane has no rivals is wrong. It's true that he doesn't have many "pure ballads" to counter him (perhaps the only "ballad artists", more or less, are Teya Dora and Eden Golan) but he will also have to deal with the emotional song of Belgium (little vocality, simple construction but a lot of charisma and in the chorus she expresses everything), Angelina Mango (who has a very emotional phase of her singing) and the Folk Rock + powerful voice of Gåte.

If your definition of "charisma" is appearing unlikable and selfish than I agree, otherwise not.

Paco Roca

If your definition of "charisma" is appearing unlikable and selfish than I agree, otherwise not.
Mustii may not be liked but, with all his flaws, he is all of himself on stage. If he could calibrate the chorus I might listen a "Duncan alarm".

ESC94

Today it was time for :fr: at the ESC kompakt songchecks 2024.

The verdict of the bloggers:

Benny - A really soulful song that goes straight to mark. In addition, Slimane has a first-class voice. I'm missing that certain something for the top, but who knows, maybe we'll get that with the performance in Malmö. :8:

Berenike - I'm not really warming up to the French entry. The song seems too smooth and thick to me. I listen Slimane suffering without feeling it. But I like his deep voice, and I could imagine changing my mind again live. But only :5: at the moment.

Douze Points - The song is so fake that I really wonder why it wasn't presented at the Eiffel Tower. It's well sung, but in a voice that I don't really like and seems almost aggressive. Thanks, but no thanks. :4:

Flo - Aside from Marseille and Paris street rap, Slimane is probably one of the most successful French artists of recent years. And of course you notice that in the performance: the first live performance in front of the Arc de Triomphe had something magical. His voice is sometimes very sensitive and almost fragile, then extremely powerful - and all of it extremely pointed. The conclusion with the a cappella part is another very special highlight. After second place with Barbara Pravi, France has once again earned a place at the top. :10:

Manu - It's great that someone like Slimane, who has been quite successful in France for several years, is competing at the ESC. However, I was a bit underwhelmed when I heard “Mon Amour”: a ballad in a familiar pattern. Musically, I would have liked a little more tension or more interesting sounds. “Mon Amour” instead relies on the listener's emotionalization and Slimane's vocal power. However, I personally don't feel that it appeals much to me emotionally; vocally it even takes me out of the song at the intensely sung ending. The international juries will probably put the song at the top, but for me it's unfortunately only in the solid midfield. :5:

Max - Beautiful ballad, yes. Great voice, yes. Is this song completely blowing my mind? Not quite, but it will be well received even without my support – especially with the jury. Of course, the song also lives from Slimane himself and his performance, and yet I'm missing that certain something here to get the spark going. :7:

Peter - This is a small masterpiece in the tradition of the Grand Prix Eurovision de la Chanson. A journey through time for people who have been celebrating the contest for several decades, with gentle modern accents in the instrumentation. The traditional elements can be found in the melody and lyrics and also in Slimane's chansonier charisma. :10:

Rick - A really strong song in terms of quality, but it lives above all thanks to Slimane. His charisma and especially his voice make the number recognizable. From a purely compositional perspective, I don’t find “Mon amour” particularly innovative or surprising. Still, for me, the strongest ballad this year - and VERY French. :6:

Sammy

Veteran
Douze Points - The song is so fake that I really wonder why it wasn't presented at the Eiffel Tower. It's well sung, but in a voice that I don't really like and seems almost aggressive. Thanks, but no thanks. :4:
Honestly: this constant „eiffel-tower“ blabla is sooooooo lame! There was ONE staging that included the tower and ONE video where the tower was the center. And people still act like that was the only thing France could produce…
No dear DOUZE POINTS - you‘re neither funny nor witty, you‘re as original as your nickname: reminds me of german beer left 3 hours in the sun.
Oh look - I used a national stereotype! wooooow that is sooooooooo original! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::lol::lol:

Last edited:

ESC94

Honestly: this constant „eiffel-tower“ blabla is sooooooo lame! There was ONE staging that included the tower and ONE video where the tower was the center. And people still act like that was the only thing France could produce…
No dear DOUZE POINTS - you‘re neither funny nor witty, you‘re as original as your nickname: reminds me of german beer left 3 hours in the sun.
Oh look - I used a national stereotype! wooooow that is sooooooooo original! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::lol::lol:

Don´t be surprised, his taste of music is always very predictable. As soon as a song isn´t in English and/or dancable it autmatically gets at least four points less.

DirtyFalcon

I agree soo much on this ! The Eiffel Tower on a french staging at Eurovision appeared only 1 time in 2017 with Alma and this was the only time I believe for the adult contest. In Junior Eurovision, you had Valentina and Angelina only in 7 editions. So only 3 Eiffel Towers in more than 70 participations but people act like we do this every year.

It's weird but it will continue again and again

Magimixer

They can put all the Eiffel towers they want, I don't think it will change anything (and I don't mind - I mean, better get used to it, there will be lots of them on TV this summer with the Olympic Games ;-) ). As someone said here, Slimane can make it to top 3… or finish in 15th position. Personally, I have 8-10 acts I like better than Slimane, but I wouldn't be sad or mad if he finishes on the podium. Just hope France won't do a meh 'grandiose-like' staging like last year. I'm so over that.

Top Bottom