Contact us

ESC United - Rehearsal and Live Show discussion megathread

Sean

Admin
Staff member
It's time for the rehearsals to finally get underway for Eurovision 2024 at Malmö Arena! 37 countries will begin their preparations for this year's contest today, with over two weeks of coverage to come from the ESC United team on the ground!

The schedule for rehearsals is below (thank you Eurovisionworld! All times in CEST);

You can check out Matt's pre-rehearsal live stream below in case you missed it;

DAY ONE

The team will be on hand to cover everything going on in Malmö over the coming weeks, so make sure to follow ESC United on Facebook, Twitter (X), Instagram, and YouTube and Twitch to not miss a minute!

Please also use this thread for any rehearsal coverage and discussion, including for jury shows, dress rehearsals and the live shows!​

Attachments

• 1714181273244.png
    1714181273244.png
    84.7 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

aef

The thing is y’all can’t just take song/ performance into consideration. You need to think a lot about the countries biggest voting supporters. That’s a fact that plays an even bigger role in the SF than in the final. :al: for example still has good chances because they’ll get high points from countries like :gr: :it: :ch: anyway. That’s like a guaranteed ~25 points they’ll get anyway. Do counties like :sm: or :mt: have that? No. So the battle they are fighting is way harder.

AlekS

Veteran
There were major technical sound issues on the 2nd dress rehearsal (especially for Spain, Albania, Denmark, Belgium), so I'm wondering how everyone will sound tonight.
Spain had like 2 botched rehearsals, so I wish them all the best specifically. Nobody deserves to go through that (comes from our 2021 experience).

JChan

well credit to SVT for making a skit that made me laugh at something Malin did

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member
Love it! This is the kind of humorous opening I was missing in Semi 1! Much better.

ollibox

I know there's a separate thread for predictions but - "No Rules", remember? :p
So, my prediction of the NQs of this semi:

SAN MARINO (Sad, but true...)
ALBANIA (Sad, but also true...)
DENMARK (Very possible)
LATVIA (Quite possible, but I hope they qualify)
MALTA (Unfortunately, possible)
GEORGIA (It's good, but I'd prefer Czechia more to qualify)

Let's see! Have a good show, everyone! :love:

Etanna

that was one hell of an opening! great job maltaa! It would be a very deserved qualifier (despite the song being rather average)

Iker

Veteran
Malta didn't do anything for me, the stage performance was similar to what was presented in her NF. My grandma with which I watch this SF described it with a word "tragedia/tragedy"

jatojo

Albania going for the pop sound - unfortunately, success in Eurovision in the 2020's doesn't go through mid-tempo pop.

Top Bottom