Contact us

ESC United - Rehearsal and Live Show discussion megathread

Sean

Admin
Staff member
It's time for the rehearsals to finally get underway for Eurovision 2024 at Malmö Arena! 37 countries will begin their preparations for this year's contest today, with over two weeks of coverage to come from the ESC United team on the ground!

The schedule for rehearsals is below (thank you Eurovisionworld! All times in CEST);

You can check out Matt's pre-rehearsal live stream below in case you missed it;

DAY ONE

The team will be on hand to cover everything going on in Malmö over the coming weeks, so make sure to follow ESC United on Facebook, Twitter (X), Instagram, and YouTube and Twitch to not miss a minute!

Please also use this thread for any rehearsal coverage and discussion, including for jury shows, dress rehearsals and the live shows!​

Attachments

• 1714181273244.png
    1714181273244.png
    84.7 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

NeoTen

Germany and the UK are now 1% and 3% off the Spain in the odds for last place. Yes. Spain is actually rater batter than them.

Gwendal

ChaChaLand (without Ryan Gosling :( emoji sadboi)
If you really care about winning odds:
  • Spain is still 8th for winning
  • Croatia rose to 48% (45% at the beginning of the show)
  • Israel is still into a 20/25% territory
  • Latvia is in the top 20 :O
  • I'm not into the top 40 :(

hawadharma

Italy keeping quality up top since its comeback, or since forever
It would be a safe and acceptable winner, I wouldn't complain

NemesisNick

Song 13: United Kingdom: This makes use of a box. I like the way it appears tilted or upside down at times, but I guess that illusion is created by turning the camera or rotating the video images in the vision mixer. The song itself is what I'd call a run-of-the-mill pop song though. Definitely not a winner, in fact expect 13th to 15th at best.

Song 14: Norway: I watched Norsk MGP 2024 Final live, online from the UK, on 3 February 2024. For some reason, the lead singer is on a plinth with a rock; I'm mystified as to why that's the case. This has two distinct styles, rock on the choruses, and a softer style on the verses. The two styles together are a marriage made in heaven. I like the cone of narrow light beams on the verses, and the sea wave images on the background screen during the choruses. Altogether, an out-of-the ordinary song, people will either like this or not like this.

ramiroqai

I haven't fallen in love with Italy too, still waiting for the sparkling performance that will be my favorite

Top Bottom