Contact us

ESC United - Rehearsal and Live Show discussion megathread

Sean

Admin
Staff member
It's time for the rehearsals to finally get underway for Eurovision 2024 at Malmö Arena! 37 countries will begin their preparations for this year's contest today, with over two weeks of coverage to come from the ESC United team on the ground!

The schedule for rehearsals is below (thank you Eurovisionworld! All times in CEST);

You can check out Matt's pre-rehearsal live stream below in case you missed it;

DAY ONE

The team will be on hand to cover everything going on in Malmö over the coming weeks, so make sure to follow ESC United on Facebook, Twitter (X), Instagram, and YouTube and Twitch to not miss a minute!

Please also use this thread for any rehearsal coverage and discussion, including for jury shows, dress rehearsals and the live shows!​

Attachments

• 1714181273244.png
    1714181273244.png
    84.7 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

gigi_copp3

Breaking News: Natalia Gordienko has just entered to arena to replace Joost. The queen is back.
Italian singer Cricca, former Amici contestant, will replace Joost Klein.
(probably just diehard Italian reality fans/diehard Angelina Mango fans will understand this)

aef

A new development. EBU officials are now explaining to Swedish media there have been several verbal and physical altercations between mostly Western European journalists and Israeli ones and artists alike; which may cause them to halt the jury rehearsal. Osterdahl has been given options by the EBU as the production has been blamed for not preventing sanctioning one artist already, including banning journalists, artists, or - but this is the last option - cancelling the contest. That Israeli journalist that was shown here harassing Joost his crew has just reported he got it confirmed a statement will be released that :NL: has been DQ'd. :oops:

EDIT: Some countries have threatened to withdraw. Spain was apparently one.
:es: threatening to withdraw while they are having a song in their hands that was dead on arrival and would probably get 0 points with both juries and televoters

gigi_copp3

Meanwhile, Bambie Thug was called in the green room to perform and exorcism on Joost Klein. She summoned the Evil. The Evil was beaten by Joost but managed to return to Dublin just in time...
No please, I have to go to Dublin this summer, I don't want to meet a Joost Klein spirit haunting me forever

GermanBango

Meanwhile, Bambie Thug was called in the green room to perform and exorcism on Joost Klein. She summoned the Evil. The Evil was beaten by Joost but managed to return to Dublin just in time...
Unrelated but our German commentator pronounced them "Bambie Fuck" actually. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

ekzuu

GermanBango

If this would produced by Ru Paul MARUV would now be delivered in a giant gift box.
Ck7X.gif

NeoTen

So everyone has been let inside for the jury rehearsal. But, Dutch have been taken off the schedule. Trying to find a video link for the press co has failed so far. Biggest Dutch news station is going live now in the Arena. EBU still appears to be in talks with MO regarding the apparently 1 on 1 violence between journo's, artists and the DQ.

soulm8

Allegedly, RTVE, and some other broadcasters are demanding the DQ for Israel.
It is called common sense! What the people of this beautiful Swedish city are thinking as well? I saw the protests… unbelievable!

aef

For all the harassment from the Israeli delegation to the fans, press and other countries.
What kind of harassment are we talking about? Do we have ANY reliable information yet? I mean I can’t stand :il: hypocritical behaviour at all but so far I don’t get it what happened between the :il: delegation, probably Joost and others…? There are so many rumours I lost the overwiew…

Top Bottom