6 3.6%

3 1.8%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Lindon

A very interesting and fruitful discussion between Datura and @Mainshow. This year I feel very close to @Datura because I know the problem of feeling close to a project/artist. I even had to endure this for two years and sometimes even today. I felt/feel personally attacked when this artist was/is criticized. Really strange.

Mainshow

Veteran
^^ That's what I (and probably many fans) think as well.
We think of "closed doors" at broadcasters and behind them, there are some few individuals listening to great songs and they just say "meh" and opt for basic tunes instead (some NFs over the recent years still make me believe that that's exactly the case) but it's great to read that it's different in :at:

and from what we know/heard, :at: also gave different artists a chance and usually ends up with a competitive and different entry (I mean, we haven't had a Eurodance, techno-inspired song for years!? or like ever) and "Poe" was catchy, witty and competitive, too.

It's great to read from the "different side" on this forum ;)

marty

After being quite worried at the beginning of this discussion between datura and mainshow, I am now happy that peace has finally broken out. xcry

marty

And I have to say that I am very satisfied with the selection process in Austria. Including this year we had some great entries the last ten years. Considering that there were only a small number of entries each year, this is really impressive. I mean look at other countries with hundreds of submissions and their final outcome.
I just think they should change something with the juries since there should not be any leaks any more. I am not sure if it is necessary to involve international fanclubs.

Lindon

Wait, wait...

For ORF, the rivalry between Austria and Germany is still the best source of ratings. On Saturday, ORF changed its schedule and included a broadcast of the game between Austria and Germany at the "European Men's Handball Championship" in prime time in order to achieve the best ratings for a handball game in the history of ORF ;)

HarryUK

Super Moderator
Staff member
The leaked live performance on YT fucking slays I don't even care if it's dated

Hopefully Germany follows suit and we can have girly bops from the pair of you!

HarryUK

Super Moderator
Staff member
How does Austria get leaked every year lol like even this year we have a rehearsal video before we even get the song officially

Top Bottom