RainyWoods

Croak-kay
giphy.gif

deen1_537640491.jpg

Last edited:

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
2IEGBkO.png

SURPRISE. In perhaps the most game-changing plot twist of all time, United States haven't selected Kurt Vile, King Tuff, Ariel Pink or any other of our other beloved wild haired, comb-avoiding gentlemen for our host entry this edition to come 24th place with. No, we've decided to give our PQ to Bosnian Eurovision legend DEEN, who makes his WorldVision debut with the delicious pop rave that is Imena Mi Mog.

This current DEEN obsession I have right now started one night at Plug.dj when Nikolai played DEEN's smash ESC hit, In The Disco. I had forgotten how much I loved that entry, as well as his comeback tune with his friends from 2016. I started checking out his music and thought to myself "woah, this man has hot hits". Then I accidentally found myself on his social media accounts or something and noticed "LA" written as his location. I gasped.

Imena Mi Mog sounds like a would-be Eurovision entry I'd go absolutely nuts for. It's so wonderfully chaotic and urgent in an everything but the kitchen sink kind of way. Those backing singers and their ooO ooO ahhh-ing over a track like this could only have come from the mind of a man who has followed far too many years of Eurovision. DEEN is one dashing gentleman in this music video as well. That's style goals right there. In English, Imena Mi Mog translates to "I Swear By My Own Name", and it's a song that tells us that we're all equal regardless of our ethnicity or religion.

This song was going to be my next entry to break my streak of five ballads in a row, then when I won I thought to myself "am I really going to give DEEN my PQ?", and the answer was a big YES. Eurovision season is officially here and I want to share something uplifting with you all. Let's close this really horrible year with a positive bang.

EpLM5H5.jpg

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

DEEN MEETING HIS FANS

ghoayYq.png

Last edited:

Genesis

FyPW.gif

Is DEEN and WV was not ready. His overpowering heterosexual energy took us by surprise and snatched our wigs. F-A-B-U-L-O-S-I-T-Y as Deban said it the fabulous interview recorded in Dubrovnik, Croatia. And its not even his most iconic song. I hope he does well for you xheat

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
@Genesis I'll save the other DEEN super hit for another special occasion. Maybe when Poland hosts? xbeach

It's been quite the revelation though finding out that I can share DEEN's music from the United States. I feel like I've opened Pandora's box of fantasies. All kinds of hot musical scandals await WorldVision now. No one is prepared for what's coming.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
CmJKon3WMAAWKls

25th in the Grand Final with 78 Points
Prequalified Entry

Thank you very much for the DEEN love, all fourteen of you xheart Very happy especially to get 12 from DEEN's fellow Bosnian legend, Journalist, and the 8s from Amir and Ashley were beautiful, along with being a sign perhaps of my insanity this edition. I thought this was my worst result in a final but turns out DEEN ties on his finish and points total with my Elliott Smith PQ......... for worst result in a final 🙌 In all honesty though I hoped (initially at least) that this little treat from beloved DEEN could have done very well, as Imena Mi Mog is so incredibly Eurovision and packing such punch and urgency. The good thing though is that it was certainly the right choice to PQ the song. I have news as well! Round 2 with DEEN has been booked already in advance, and this result he's experienced now won't be stopping anything. He'll be back sooner than later and things get scandalous next time.

Wo2jMfI.png

:12: :rs:
:10: :coffee:
:8: :il::be:
:7: :kz:
:6: :pl:
:5: :bg::dk::al:
:4: :west::jp:
:3: :fi:
:2: :se::neus:
:1: :de:

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
botox and scandels, I'm ready

That sounds like the name of a book you will write one day Amir, and that I will buy several copies of.

I could hold a DEEN NF but it would be more rigged than a Moldovan Eurovision selection. I totally know what WorldVision needs from our Bosnian via United States king. The steamiest duet. Gonna give it to you all very soon.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

HZmYoQj.png

Sir Sly are back! It's been almost three years since I shared them with you, and I've been patiently waiting on new music since then. Little Deaths is a freshly released song that's from their upcoming album due for release next year. It's about the quitting of telling yourself negative things all the time. Letting go of bad thoughts. Lead singer, Landon Jacobs said of it:

“Music has always been the most immediate way I feel connected, but the story I’ve told myself for so long is that I’m alone, inherently bad, and generally prone to screwing things up for myself. This song turned into a breath of fresh air, a commitment to being easier on myself and the people around me, and a celebration of the human ability to grow, learn from our mistakes, and change over time.”

For me it was one of those rare but wonderful moments when you hear a song for the very first time and know before that first experience with it has even finished that you're going to be sharing it with everyone. I had an eargasm moment and got really emotional over those lyrics. They're so beautiful, especially the bridge. Sums up perfectly how I've felt this year. Felt alone, not quite alone and now ending it feeling not alone at all, even if it was a journey with a lot of trying to get here. This was the song I needed in 2020, delivered right at the end of it. I love this band so much.

giphy.gif

And I’m fed up with little deaths
Pretend I’m free of consequences
I see it now I made a mess
I cling to you like lips cling to a cigarette

I don’t know how to be alone
Never learned to face the unknown
Shallow breaths as panic grows

I needed you to fix me
Now I need a pick-me-up
Out of habits and I’m out of good luck
All out of habits and I’m out of good luck

Well I’m fed up with loneliness
Light me up a little bit of tenderness
And I think Gotye sang it best
I made my bed but I don’t wanna li in it

I needed you to fix me

I might be alone
I’m glad to be alive
Not quite alone
I’m glad to be alive
I’m not alone
The best I do is try
And try
And try
And try
Try to be alive

I’m fed up with these little deaths
Done clinging on like lips cling to a cigarette
I’m fed up with these little deaths
Done clinging on like lips cling to a cigarette

cegs5

I’m glad to see Sir Sly in WV after a while, I still remember High as one of my favourite entries from you. Little Deaths seems to be all the opposite from High on the surface, but they are actually about the same in the end, and complement each other.

I feel like this video is full of meaningful metaphors, from the clothing and make up to the cybegoth dance under the bridge, which matches perfectly with the straight forward and raw lyrics... Landon taking “Ask the dust” from the shelf can’t be a random pick. Not only a story of a hopeless love/life, but loneliness, mental distressing and dystopia during hard economic times worldwide. Perhaps, I’m overanalysing... nevertheless, thank you for sharing this xheart

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
I’m glad to see Sir Sly in WV after a while, I still remember High as one of my favourite entries from you. Little Deaths seems to be all the opposite from High on the surface, but they are actually about the same in the end, and complement each other.

I feel like this video is full of meaningful metaphors, from the clothing and make up to the cybegoth dance under the bridge, which matches perfectly with the straight forward and raw lyrics... Landon taking “Ask the dust” from the shelf can’t be a random pick. Not only a story of a hopeless love/life, but loneliness, mental distressing and dystopia during hard economic times worldwide. Perhaps, I’m overanalysing... nevertheless, thank you for sharing this xheart

I'm so pleased you enjoy the song Cesar xheart I've wanted to send Sir Sly again for a very long time now.

You've got a keener eye than me as I never picked up on the book, but I think you're right. The video is full of small details and metaphors to pick up on. There's a relatable sadness to it all, but ultimately I find it a really uplifting song, as Landon stops being so hard on himself by the end of it, and has seen some goodness from life. That bit where they dance together under the bridge (clearly inspired by the cybergoth dance party classic) is my favourite part of the video. I find it a weirdly touching moment.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
cac5e38dfc0d8fdd08513c4454a91875.jpg

22nd in Semi 1 with 42 Points / 8th in REJU with 39 Points
Did Not Qualify
Ouch, that's a hard fall for Sir Sly. It's a bit sad as I waited so, so long to send them again after their success with High, but I at least was prepared for the miss. High was colourful and more of a ballsy choice, whereas Little Deaths is totally different. Very laid back and mellow. I considered this one a borderline qualifier at best and looks like the draw didn't help it, ironically as I felt I had much of the right crowd for an indie pysch pop number haha. But oh well, I shouldn't regret anything cause it felt right to share this song seeing how immediately touched by it I was. Now it's a part of my history, and my flop songs mean as much to me as my successes.

Traditionally when I miss a final........ I hold an NF right? Maybe watch this space. I don't know.

Last edited:

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
I N T R O D U C I N G

The experimental songwriter and multi-instrumentalist known as Eartheater, is making her way to the next edition of WorldVision, representing the United States. Last year she released the haunting album, Phoenix: Flames Are Dew Upon My Skin, which you can learn more about in the video above. Very soon we'll be opening a mini national final featuring two songs from the album that I believe are the standouts. I hope you'll be as stunned by them as I was during my first listens. I simply can't pick between this song duo and so I request your help here. I'm a humongous fan of Austrian artist, Soap&Skin, and listening to these Eartheater songs, it's the first time ever that another musician has matched for me what Anja Plaschg achieves. There's a majestic, aching beauty that pierces through the darkness. Stay tuned for the selection.

Gera11

WorldVision Mod 🌻
Staff member
Wow did not see this coming at all yes i took a peek at your last.fm sue me x

Very interesting choice, I also considered one of their songs back when I was in the :neus: but I left it sit there in my 137 songs playlist collecting dust. I think it's a very bold, risky choice and I'm really curious to see how it will play out xthink

Looking forward to the mini NF! xpokerface

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Wow did not see this coming at all yes i took a peek at your last.fm sue me x

Very interesting choice, I also considered one of their songs back when I was in the :neus: but I left it sit there in my 137 songs playlist collecting dust. I think it's a very bold, risky choice and I'm really curious to see how it will play out xthink

Looking forward to the mini NF! xpokerface

But you have 0 LastFm scrobbles of them xexcuseme Why do we always know/levitate towards the same artists? Is it because we're wonderful?
daydreaming.gif

I think you're right though about this being a risky choice, but it's going to be a bold one regardless of what happens, and we need more of that. I played it too safe this current edition and it backfired spectacularly. 2021 is the year of risks. And these Eartheater songs were so my thing, I just couldn't not share one. The NF might as well help warm people to this lady a bit as she's very unusual. I instantly fell in love though.

Gera11

WorldVision Mod 🌻
Staff member
But you have 0 LastFm scrobbles of them xexcuseme Why do we always know/levitate towards the same artists? Is it because we're wonderful?
daydreaming.gif

I think you're right though about this being a risky choice, but it's going to be a bold one regardless of what happens, and we need more of that. I played it too safe this current edition and it backfired spectacularly. 2021 is the year of risks. And these Eartheater songs were so my thing, I just couldn't not share one. The NF might as well help warm people to this lady a bit as she's very unusual. I instantly fell in love though.

Yeah I checked my scrobbles too and wtf why do I have 0 xexcuseme I listened to them on YouTube so I will sue them for it, they won't recover from this scandal. I really don't know how we collide so often on artists, we technically have a very different taste, but it's cool to share interests with someone from a different pot xheat

Risky is a great mood for 2021, bring it 🔥

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
E A R T H E A T E R — E A R T H E A T E R — E A R T H E A T E R

P H O E N I X : F L A M E S - A R E - D E W - U P O N - M Y - S K I N

⩥ V O T I N G ⩤

★•★•★•★•★
5 - 4 - 3 - 2 - 1 - 0

GIVE EACH SONG A STAR RATING
[REPEATS ALLOWED ALTHOUGH TECHNICALLY NOT VERY HELPFUL TO ME HERE X]

DEADLINE: NIGHT BEFORE SUBMISSIONS DEADLINE FOR WV135

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Seven voters so far. Thank you very much. Things are interesting at this point, if only for the fact that if I just went by counting each person's favourite, it would be 6-1 right now :eek: but because I've done the star rating thingy it's actually made it closer than you'd think.

The deadline is the 16th of January, midnight-ish. Have a listen to Eartheater's songs if you're curious and let me know if there's something you fancy.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
After Mike, Anna and Uto's stars were delivered, we're sitting at ten voters now. Thank you very much xheart I could lie and say to you that things are extremely close?

Things are extremely close
daydreaming.gif
Come and listen to the songs. Tomorrow is the last day to vote.

Top Bottom