16 9.6%

13 7.8%

5 3.0%

19 11.4%

• Total voters

Mrm

Veteran
Re: ROMANIA 2018

Hmmm yes the problem is that song needs very good performance with effects, not the singer standing and singing it, it's just not that type of entry.. :(

EscGeek

Veteran

i don't speak romanian but i can tell that Ilinca was mad because everything in the song resembles Inna :lol:

tsegaye

I didn't find it that bad, she actually sings better than I expected. But yeah, the songs really needs some great staging!

Jukica

(Retired) Admin

Hopefully they will have another good entry after last year's entry xcheer :D

Realest

Hopefully Serena improves for the Semis. Eurovision needs such Hits.
Mihai and Elena did a great Job.

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member

So basically Serena didnt deliver. It wasnt too bad, but the dress was hilarious and she seemed quite uncomfortable and sounded ill .. :( Illinca seemed quite mad at her, can somebody translate what she just said?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hx846E6NlmA&t=1950s (Serenas performance starts at 29:59)

Ilinca: Are you Romanian, yes?
Serena: Romanian, yeah.
Ilinca: I had the feeling that I'm looking at Inna. You're looking like her, you sing like her and the song sounds like one of hers
Serena: Thank you, I'll take that as a compliment.
Ilinca: It is a compliment. Me, personally, I like the song very much and I would listen to it
Serena: I'm sorry - and sorry I'm interrupting you - that I was so nervous and I couldn't sing to my full potential
Ilinca: No worries, you had some parts of where you were undertone and I don't know if it was because you didn't hear properly or -
Serena: Yes. I didn't hear ..I just didn't hear. There was even feedback at some point, maybe because I stood too close to monitors. Anyway..
Ilinca: Mhm. What i wanted to say is that me personally I would listen to such a song, but I don't know if the Eurovision public would listen to such a song - it's not really from the...Eurovision sphere
Serena: I get it and I appreciate that you like my song, thank you! /Serenaout

My favourite live performance so far:

EscGeek

Veteran

okay, so Ilinca wasn't mad...just tired...guess she's not used to hearing so many songs at oncexqueenbitch

Realest

The King will host the NF:

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member

Alexia & Matei released the official video for their Selectia Nationala 2018 entry.

Yoozek

^^

"I got this shiver in my balls
So dangerous"

Can't be just me who heard that.

EscGeek

Veteran

i've seen them all now.. the majority were so awkward performing live.. There's still hope for "Safari" xheya

"Safari" can only stay home only if "Come Back To Me" or "Mesom Romales" wins

DaFlo

Banned

San [MENTION=8763]Gera11[/MENTION] how high you rate winning chances of Feli? Is it gonna be ez win for her or open field?

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member

San @Gera11 how high you rate winning chances of Feli? Is it gonna be ez win for her or open field?

I wouldn't say she has it in the bag tbh, as she shot herself in the foot with that song that is totally not the style she usually sings. I'd say Alex Florea has more chances than her. In that semi though, she will easily qualify.

Wish she'd stick to the Romanian version (even though the lyrics are cringy - they probably are in Spanish too), her Spanish is.... :"D

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

I'm rather disappointed in Romania. You had a chance to send Lady Gaga with a song from her latest beautiful album, Joanne, but you said no to this opportunity. "Dor De Lisabona" forever in my heart. So many emotions. Shades of "Gigi l'amoroso". It's like Gags is channeling the late great Dalida here. Bellissimo.

Mrm

Veteran

I'm rather disappointed in Romania. You had a chance to send Lady Gaga with a song from her latest beautiful album, Joanne, but you said no to this opportunity. "Dor De Lisabona" forever in my heart. So many emotions. Shades of "Gigi l'amoroso". It's like Gags is channeling the late great Dalida here. Bellissimo.

I wanted to show you this GEM...Romania always ditches fantastic entries in auditions.. xcry

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

I wanted to show you this GEM...Romania always ditches fantastic entries in auditions.. xcry

But at the same time, Romania allows it's eccentric participants to have their moment in the limelight, which I really love and admire. Belarus asks people to compose songs and then kicks them off the stage after 30 seconds, whereas in Romania an artist like Dorel Giurgiu gets to sing his bedroom pop hit for the full three minutes and then enjoys a rapturous applause. Go Romaniaxheart

I haven't listened to all the songs yet, but I like "Paint It Rainbow" even more live. I'm not ashamed to admit it made me get a little emotional. The last part of the song is poignant (2:25:cry:), and there's something sincere about the way Diana sings. I understand i'll probably be quite alone with my feelings for this one, but I really am charmed by this song and hope it can at least do well in the NF. I'm glad we get to see it performed again.

Top Bottom