Contact us

Paris 2024 Olympics

esc87fan

Canada's flagbearers were revealed - they are Andre De Grasse (athletics) and Maude Charron (weightlifting)

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Our flag bearers are Florent Manaudou (swimming) and Mélina Robert-Michon (discus throw).
The choice was made by the delegation. Each federation could propose a man and woman who had been an Olympian but never a flag bearer, and then the athletes from the whole French selection got to vote.

Expected tbh, both have a noteworthy palmares. Manaudou is the 2012 50m freestyle Olympic champion and got 3 more silver medals among other things. Robert Michon never won gold, but she will participate in her 7th Olympics. She is the 2016 silver medalist and got two medals at World Championships. I'm perfectly fine with these choices, they were my favorites from the list.

HarryUK

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nothing confirmed yet but rumour has it :uk: Tom Daley and Helen Glover are our two flag bearers

Looren

Veteran
Dear lord those draws in tennis

Swiatek and Rybakina path of death lol

Possible Nadal/Djokovic in 2nd round :eek:

Looren

Veteran
Rybakina withdraws, extremly sad about that

Two of my three favourites (Rybakina, Swiatek, Sabalenka) withdrew, so yeah go get that gold Iga

Milos-BC

Looking forward to the opening of the Olympic Games today xcheer

The :rs: team has 120 athletes that will compete in these games, and it would be a great thing to end up with a higher medal count than Tokyo (9). There are many individual disciplines where we can shine.

One of the biggest spotlights will be on Djoković who, despite his historical successes, still hasn't won a gold medal for :rs: on the Olympic Games. And this is what his biggest ambition is for years now. These games will be a new opportunity but it will most certainly not be easy.

Basketball is another sport where major focus will be put. We are coming with the strongest possible team (and with Jokić in the team), and the nation already expects the final against :us: . I don't like when euphoria is created in advance like that, such expectations can only backfire. We need to go step by step and respect every rival on the field. Every team that managed to get to this tournament deserves full respect. And teams like :de: , :fr: and :ca: can all compete for all three medals.

Very excited xcheer

AlekS

Veteran
Celine is more than just an icon or a legend. Periodt! xheart

Ps. What a unique opening ceremony xxclap

Fluke

Oh god, this guy is already a meme. I can see him appearing in the next ESC!

Last edited:

esc87fan

:ca: has its first medal - a sliver from Summer McIntosh in the women's 400m freestyle!

Looren

Veteran
Yesterday :be: got it's first medals, gold and bronze in time trial with Evenepoel and Van Aert, I'm actually just happy Van Aert didn't win lol

heke1988

Our judoka Luukas Saha won :tr: Muhammed Demirel.

Milos-BC

Today, a lot of :rs: athletes are coming out to the field, I wish luck to all of them.

And in basketball (where the biggest focus of the nation will be), we are playing our first match against :us: . Great chance to see where we are right now against the Dream Team and the biggest favorite for the gold.

Himan

Van Aert would have deserved it too. One of the best cycling athletes in the world right now.

The Dutch have been a bit unlucky now. The golds aren't expected till wednesday, but a broken cycle in mountainbiking and almost winning against South Korea and then losing to Mexico in the 3rd place play-off is unlucky for The Dutch woman Archery team.

Also already a 5th place on the woman's time trial is a bit disappointing for Dutch female cyclists.

esc87fan

Eleanor Harvey scores Canada's first ever Olympic medal in fencing, a bronze in women's foil

Milos-BC

Despite the defeat from :us: , I am satisfied with how we played throughout most of the match. Respect for Kevin Durant, it is incredible how this man played and he made the difference for his team.

Now we have South Sudan and Puerto Rico, now the tournament "really" begins for us.

Female basketball team also won their first match against Puerto Rico but the play needs to improve a lot in the upcoming matches.

Kudos to the volley ball team also xclap They fought very well against :fr: , one of the best teams on the tournament, and imo, most likely the team that will win the gold in the end. With this approach, we have what to hope for.

Top Bottom