Contact us

Paris 2024 Olympics

Milos-BC

Djoković defeated Nadal with 2:0 xclap

Great day for :rs: today.

esc87fan

Bronze for Canada in men's 10m synchro diving, the first time it's happened in the country's history

ShoeFlo

the demise of Germany from a formerly big sports nation to European average will speed up drastically. I bet we won't even make the Top 10 of medal table this summer. If there weren't these sports that hardly anybody actually cares about except for us (Horses and Canoeing and shit) things would look even more miserable.

After three days I feel vindicated already

Once in a couple of years we will hopefully have reached a point from which we won't get any worse in Olympic sports. But then again that's what formerly successful nations like Romania probably believed in, too.

In Athens 2004 (the first Olympic Games I followed) we won 49 medals and the public here was actually disappointed about that outcome. I guess this year everybody is happy if we get over 30 medals.

esc87fan

Summer McIntosh did it again - this time a gold in the women's 400m individual medley! xcheer

FitzyUK

Some great events so far. My favourite has been the mountain biking. Looking forward to the athletics starting.

Milos-BC

Gold medal for :rs: in air pistol mix xheart

What a nerve-racking finish but it definitely feels so sweet to get our first medal...and a gold one, this way.

lilka

Does anyone know how's Iga doing? I don't have TV here in Athens and I never manage to read any news even on my phone.

AlekS

Veteran
Does anyone know how's Iga doing? I don't have TV here in Athens and I never manage to read any news even on my phone.
Iga is playing against Wang at 19:00 CET.
She didn't play her best tennis yesterday but she was very good still. Parry was super ready physically and she surprisingly delivered many great points + immense support from the local audience cheering for their player, imo Parry surprised her a little bit, but she was ready for all of that and she won anyway (6:1, 6:1).

It's Osorio or Collins in the quarter-final. Kerber or Navarro in the semi. It's a better draw comparing to another half, so she should sail relatively comfortable into the final.

Last edited:

Looren

Veteran
Iga is playing against Wang at 19:00 CET.
She didn't play her best tennis yesterday but she was very good still. Parry was super ready physically and she surprisingly delivered many great points + immense support from the local audience cheering for their player, imo Parry surprised her a little bit, but she was ready for all of that and she won anyway (6:2, 7:5).

It's Osorio or Collins in the quarter-final. Kerber or Navarro in the semi. It's a better draw comparing to another half, so she should sail relatively comfortable into the final.

Well the score was 6/1 6/1 but apart from that yes she wasn't at her full best but still pretty good, level will keep on rising

The only worry imo would be if Krejcikova reaches the final, if that doesn't happen I think Iga will get gold easily

EscGeek

Veteran
Gold for :sl: in judo xcheerxdance2

For the last 20 years we usually get either 4 or 5 medals so i'll be happy if we reach this threshold again.

Unfortunately Tadej Pogačar (current no. 1 in cycling) cancelled at the last minute, but we still love him. :lol:

Rocket man

Some great events so far. My favourite has been the mountain biking. Looking forward to the athletics starting.

Yes. For me, the highlight so far has been the men's mountain bike race, that was AMAZING from Tom Pidcock. To have a puncture, lose 40 seconds and then still come back and take the win, mentally strong and very talented cyclist.

And of course Tom Daley getting a 5th Olympic medal in diving, gay icon and diving legend.

esc87fan

Canada's women's rugby sevens team upset Australia and will play for gold against New Zealand. This will be their best ever Olympic finish after a bronze in Rio and 9th in Tokyo

In men's tennis, Felix Auger-Aliassime won his match and advanced to the round of 16

AlekS

Veteran
Well the score was 6/1 6/1 but apart from that yes she wasn't at her full best but still pretty good, level will keep on rising

The only worry imo would be if Krejcikova reaches the final, if that doesn't happen I think Iga will get gold easily
D'oh! I meant Parry but I typed her score against Begu :cool: It looks like it was an easy game judging from the score, but Parry fought until Iga delivered a match ball.
She's playing against Wang right now and the 2nd game of the 2nd set when Wang broke her serve xfaint

Krejčíková is a dangerous competitor indeed. We will see how she recovers from almost 3 hr match with Svitolina. And she's playing doubles as we speak. I hate this schedule :lol:

Milos-BC

:rs: defeated :us: in basketball 3 x 3 with 22-14 .

Perfect beginning, and against one of the strongest teams here. If we maintain this approach, there is a good chance for gold.

Himan

Sifan Hassan is 'just' going to do 5000, 10000 and marathon:ROFLMAO:

AlekS

Veteran
Regardless of the results, Twitter gheys are going WILD for our gymnast :cool:
o_O
And our team is aware of that, lol.
ps. They played Chappell Roan song during Verniaiev's performance xlove

Top Bottom