Marcos C

kdam7yU.png

OokeeCp.png

Alaska ⦁ California ⦁ Hawai'i ⦁ Oregon ⦁ Washington

Last edited:

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Re: Pacific States ☂ WV94 - Kali Uchis ft. Jorja Smith - Tyrant

Omg xheat amazing promotional post for the clear winners of WV 94: Kali and Jorja xheart (Can't wait for your hosting next edition, you must be excited about it)

Aside from that I think I can say: this is my fave entry from you, ever xbow !! Those sexy, summery R&B vibes it gives me omigod am in love xheart You are Banu approved this edition!!
Actually I'm not going to lie, sorry all my previous 12s but this might just be my fave WV discovery yet! #nospoiler ofc

Thank you very much for your special Turkish gypsy curse, Denizxheart I'm looking forward now to coming second from last in the semi with 13 points.

In all seriousness though, much thank yooous! I'm glad you like it that much. It feels an almost liberating choice of song for me. It's exotic but also something very soulful, and with a touch of vintage in it's vibe. I love the music video as well. I think that powder pink suit look is very gorgeous. Planning to wear that look tonight as I order my next McDonald's surprise.

tumblr_o5xyqrcCTQ1uw0wabo1_540.gif

Yes, i'll order one signature BBQ classic, two large fries, nine chicken nuggets, those cheese things and a large banana milkshake.. oh and a McFlurry.

s-eab3ac75d22d2995473c635e581b6a21bc8713e6.gif

Lemon. Wan pleease. *sips and puts glass down* Ah Vonderful.. *walks off*

DaFlo

Banned

Omg did you just give me Kali emoji to use in future posts xfaint

Love that
tftJ1nJ.png

DenizESC

Banned

beautiful, vooonderful, oh may gad, ahAaaha *stops Indian traffic for a mini photoshoot*

It's nice to hear that you appreciate the 13 points you will receive from me xheart
And oh my, you are trying to become the ultimate skinny legend. Go Kai! 'Eat those chicken nuggets bitch!'

living for your new instagram pic
'Kai is a blonde' -DenizESC 2018
fd1.jpg

(turned out bigger then I expected but you a B.I.G. skinny legend so it's fitting)

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

Thanks to those of you that helped
tftJ1nJ.png
and
hjJm0zb.png
reach the WorldVision final. I felt that could have gone either way for them, especially considering the fate of a large chunk of R&B songstresses that have been tried at the contest (never forget Brandy, Kehlani and R&B king, Kurt Vile) but i'm happy Tyrant managed to make it on this hip edition. I think the genre defying style might have helped it. Needless to say anyway, i'm very gratefulxheart

Now I will think about next edition. I might have a lil NF as I haven't had one in a while, and I see others are planning them as well. NF season is upon us.

p.s. I'm listening to Jorja's debut album right now. It just released.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

3ff82551f9ce6ba4c39e5c4dccac87fe.jpg

24th in the Final with 86 Points
7th in Semi 1 with 68 Points / REJU 20th with 14 Points

Improvement on last editions result. 24th!!! WEEEEERRRRRKKKKKK. Some of you really were feeling Kali and Jorja, which has made me very pleased. The triumph was getting a piece of R&B music into the final on my first attempt. I know some of you saw this doing better, but realistically I knew it had a few hills to climb. I'm glad it got over the biggest one, and that I don't have to add a DNQ onto it's banner at the top of my greenroom. Love you all belowxheart

:12: ::losn::ista
:10: :nwen::fi:
:8: ::kyiv:de:
:7:
:6: :kant:
:5: :hr:
:4: ::neen::queb
:3: :sobr::cali:
:2:
:1: ::mosc

Next edition... oh boy. Now this is where it gets kind of juicy. I don't think i've ever been more pumped to share something with you before. Originally my plans were to have an NF, but I decided to cancel it and i'm now opting for what my heart, body and soul is telling me to do, and it's going to shock a lot of you. It's a new genre as well as a brand new message from me. I don't want to say too much but i'm coming to blow wigs off from the opening note of this next one, so glue them down please to be safe. Put everything you know about me into the trash can.................... except that I have a thing for gentlemen with long hair. Bottom line is: my next entry is super dooper crazy fun with insane levels of energy and spunk, but it possesses something that's also very human and moving. My hope is that some of you will fall in love with my 44th entrant. Just so, soooo looking forward to presenting it to you. ARRRHHH open the submissions topic pleasexheat

DenizESC

Banned

Tbh I was shocked with the placement ''Tyrant'' got. I just don't understand how people could not adore that sexy R&B piece but then again it's WV and as you said getting Rihanna and Beyonce to the final is already quite an achievement on itself so good job to my proud :12:s Kali and Jorja xheart

Oh and OMG wow can't wait for your next entry, I have super high expectations now. That description xheat I say #Pacifica96
WV expectations haven't reached such a high point ever since the announcement of LauraD NF thatdidnthappen, more info soon which was announced a whole 2 weeks-ish ago. so VERY LONG TIME! xheart I'm ready for all 139 of my wigs to be blown off

DaFlo

Banned

WV and the R&theB

JgvYn9I.png

Anyway thank you for stealing a potential artist from my list. You gave Kali a hot final appearance, I would probably contemplate another ragequit from the WV if I sent her. Kali & Jorja = 100% qualification record xyes

Oh and that hot and scandalous 12 exchange forever in my heart xheart That is a WV moment #preach 🙌🙌🙌

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

Tbh I was shocked with the placement ''Tyrant'' got. I just don't understand how people could not adore that sexy R&B piece but then again it's WV and as you said getting Rihanna and Beyonce to the final is already quite an achievement on itself so good job to my proud :12:s Kali and Jorja xheart

Oh and OMG wow can't wait for your next entry, I have super high expectations now. That description xheat I say #Pacifica96
WV expectations haven't reached such a high point ever since the announcement of LauraD NF thatdidnthappen, more info soon which was announced a whole 2 weeks-ish ago. so VERY LONG TIME! xheart I'm ready for all 139 of my wigs to be blown off

Thank you so much for that 12 Denizxheartxheart You told me that Tyrant is one of your favourite all time WorldVision discoveries, so I think i've obviously done something right, and it managed to fight it's way through an extremely tough semi as well. I was happy from the moment it passed and still am now. R&B and WorldVision just have a difficult time together, unless you send an R&B singer but with a pop song. Tyrant is too far on the alternative side, although I don't really think that way when listening to it. I just think "oh, this is a bop", but I see why it didn't set the final on fire. Just being there was the prize. I was honestly living this edition, having my first R&B fantasy. I did try multiple times before, putting R&B tracks in my NFs, and they'd always finish last, so doing it internal and on a hip edition was the key.

WV and the R&theB

JgvYn9I.png

Anyway thank you for stealing a potential artist from my list. You gave Kali a hot final appearance, I would probably contemplate another ragequit from the WV if I sent her. Kali & Jorja = 100% qualification record xyes

Oh and that hot and scandalous 12 exchange forever in my heart xheart That is a WV moment #preach ������

You're very welcome #ListClash. You may steal in return an artist from my list...... how about............ hip hop superstar, CupcakKe?

That 12 exchange was legendary. I was rather confident i'd be in your top 3, but I thought California or Western USA could have taken the 12 as well. Top point exchanges are a super rare occurrence. Also, you're now in the top 3 players for 12s i've handed out, joining the other Flo and Mario, who I believe have received three or four 12s from me each. Trophy unlocked.

PACIFIC STATES WV95 TEASER

3bVulFo.png

Get ready to:

Feel motivated

Inspired

Party

"As long as it doesn't blatantly hinder someone else's ability to party, all forms of partying are permitted."

So my next artist is known for partying, and encouraging others to join him... but exactly what kind of party could we be having?:confused:

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Re: Pacific States ☂ WV95 - Andrew W.K. - Music Is Worth Living For

VLqdKGA.png

3kQgEzd.png

xDbVMmc.png

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Nb7TfdN.png

Biography + other bits coming soon

DaFlo

Banned

Highkey a hit

EZ1Homc.png

BernadetteCydonia

damn how didn't I see this coming earlier that it's Andrew W.K. :lol:

PARTY PARTY PARTY
nana.gif

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

aTY0iLR.png
Andrew Fetterly Wilkes-Krier (such a name) was born May 9, 1979 in Stanford, California. He's a singer, a songwriter, multi-instrumentalist, an award winning motivational speaker, tv presenter, voice actor, model, club owner, fasion designer, author, radio host, weekly columnist, bubblegum machine salesman, world record holder and party man.

In 2001, Andrew released his debut solo album, I Get Wet. Fans in the UK certainly got wet when the album spawned the hit single, Party Hard, which reached number 19 in our popular music charts. Andrew's raucous and extreme high energy brand of hard rock was here, and with it came a larger than life personality. Aside from the several studio album releases (including an album of freestyle piano instrumentals), Andrew has led a hectic life schedule hosting tv shows such as Your Friend, Andrew WK and Destroy Build Destroy, a show in which stuff gets blown up. He's a motivational speaker, famed for his party philosophy, and the powerful messages he reaches out to his fans with. In 2018, Andrew was named person of the year by American Association Of Suicidology for his "his life-affirming music and work, which promotes celebrating all life has to offer".

Hey, did I tell you that Andrew also released a split record with Canadian interviewer legend, Nardwuar? Keep on rockin' in the free world. Doot doota loot doo... oh and this year he released his newest studio album, You're Not Alone.

q7ofSLt.png

Why are you sending this gentleman to the WorldVision?

Well, Andrew's music came to my attention at the start of the year. One of the blogs I read was running a lot of stories on him and his comeback (his first album in almost ten years). I heard just the audio of Music Is Worth Living For, and I thought.. woah, this is crazy! The music video released a little while later and I got slayed even harder. Then I started delving through the treasure chest of Andrew W.K. interviews and weird videos of him that are available on youtube. Stuff like him going shopping for "party items" to give to his fans, and his record breaking 24 hour drumathon. He's just such a character and I totally fell in love with him. It's a ridiculously over the top package, but there's something raw and very human about his music. He's fun, down to earth, yet out of this planet!

Music Is Worth Living For has a powerful message, that's so forward and is a central part of the song that cannot be missed - "The only way that i'll survive. Music makes me want to stay alive". Music is a higher power that we can't deny, and I often think about how important music is to me personally, and I know it's the same for tonnes of other people as well. This song is life. It's a big ball of triumphant energy and I love it. I really hope you enjoy the song too, and remember to party at all times as Andrew advises. Andrew believes anything can be a party.. even sleeping, so no excuses! Remember to party, party, party.

elaxZiQ.png

7JS6m3H.png

5eerLwB.png

2I3Dng3.png

BernadetteCydonia

you gracious little thing, have a dedication video for You

also little do people care but he's the associative face behind the extreme marketing of CN Real (aka CN programming block that is completely live-action) and a host of one of the shows from there ("Destroy Build Destroy")...

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

[MENTION=14749]BernadetteCydonia[/MENTION] bless those videos, especially the one in which Andrew tries to bring life back to a dying packet of french fries. So emotion.

I was trying to find episodes of Destroy Build Destroy. The premise reminds me of a UK show I used to watch called Scrapheap Challenge, in which teams had to build things using materials available from the scrapheap.

I'm in love with this video that shows the artists behind the cover art of Andrew's latest album. It's super dooper wooper cool.

61Msln9d8SL._SS500.jpg

BernadetteCydonia

Hey that's not just a packet of french fries, hahah. It's from a cartoon that lasted for what, 11 seasons? And it's on Adult Swim, not sure you're heard of this programming block but it's tied with Cartoon Network so I guess it's relevant lol. I even drew some fan art of the show, have a look ^^

Also, speaking of album covers
eli.gif

BernadetteCydonia

Oh and so you said you were looking for DBD episodes. Well fear not chap! I somehow found one chopped up episode without any grand effort!

DaFlo

Banned

hjJm0zb.png
aTY0iLR.png
tftJ1nJ.png

Emoji starter pack by RainyWoods

AzgA1dB.png

In stores now only 9,99$

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

andrew-wk-interview-ffffest.jpg

5th in the Final with 134 Points
7th in Semi 2 with 66 Points / REJU 2nd with 47 Points

aTY0iLR.png
Top 5 with Andrew W.K. is wondrous! Thank you trulyxheart It was tremendous fun sending a song like this, and it's one that strangely has started to mean something quite dear to me. Love it's message and positivity, and oh my gosh, i've just sent party metal and R&B to WorldVision in succession. I feel like i'm letting my hair down at the moment and having a lot of fun. Thanks for all the love you gave Andrew. I like especially how this song brought people from all different pots together. Of special note I think is HipFlo being the filling in that pot 9 delicious 6 pointer sandwich:cool:xheart Everyone is invited to Andrew W.K.'s party. I'm just sad now that I won't have an excuse to post Andrew W.K. photos anymore. Just one more for the road..

High fives to all of you below!!

:12: ::sg:no::cali::ru:
:10: xwhistle
:8: :en::ee:
:7: :ie::cn:st
:6: :lv::neus::svea:
:5: :dk:::lein:jp:
:4: ::kyiv:bcol:
:3: :es::fi:
:2: :au:::iled
:1: ::midt:kant::gr::pt::hu:

giphy.gif

Now for next edition talk.... hmmmmm I don't know? WV100 is fast approaching, along with my 50th entry the edition afterwards, and I think I wanna be with Mid-Atlantic States for that moment. I'll stay with Pacific States for now, but I don't know really what to do.

I'm thinking of sending some dream pop. There's a band I have on my list to send and I had them down as a pretty much definite internal choice with a particular song. The trouble is they just released a new song that I love just as much, and both are very similar to say the least.. so now i'm confused. I did think of doing a two song NF with both the songs, but that 1. spoils the surprise and 2. will probably have you all like.. :confused: "scuse me these songs are basically the same, just pick one yourself x".

I'd also like to finally arrange my garage rock NF that i've had planned since the dawn of time, so that's on my mind.

Plenty of other artists up my sleeve as well including many i've wanted to send for a long time. Maybe I could just have a lil' NF with four or five songs.. I've only held one selection in the past nine or so editions, so I guess i'm due another.

What would you like to see from me next edition? Note: Dessa not allowed as i'm not moving this edition.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

[MENTION=13314]DaFlo[/MENTION] yeah but the scroll of truth is teaching us a very valuable lesson here. The importance of patience. Even if i've been saying "Dessa soon come" since WV61, you know that Dessa soon come, sometime within the next few years. She's coming, along with the return of Kurt Vile, Sadistik's revenge, my first disco entry, my garage rock NF, Hip NF, Sims, Sir Sly, Todd Rundgren, The Orwells, Linda Perhacs and eight or so more Mikal Cronin entries. It all will come. Soon come.

Top Bottom