Pacific States 🌊 WV 190: Allie X - Black Eye

Marcos C

kdam7yU.png

OokeeCp.png

Alaska ⦁ California ⦁ Hawai'i ⦁ Oregon ⦁ Washington

Last edited:

Amir

Veteran
Re: Pacific States ☂ WV76 - Hip Sadistik NF (page 46)

:il: has voted!
It was hard for me to rank the songs. I already fell in love with my Top 2 when Rainy showed me the songs on plug.
I really hope one of them will do it

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

I just got votes from two of the hippest WorldVision players. Thank you so much to Amir and Vlad for votingxheartxheart

So ummm... yeah, this is pretty much the most exciting NF i've ever held. I've never had one before without a runaway winner. I'm excited to find out what happens. If no one else votes then I guess i'll have to decide it by which one has the most 12s. I'm pumped for whatever wins though. Each kind of offers something a bit different. It's either going to be a song that's super melancholic and overwhelming in it's intensity, something rather chill and almost psych-esque, a long intricate and deep song that unravels itself as you listen, or my first sexy love songxheat Like gosh, even if I flop i'm really looking forward to sharing my next hip song with WorldVision. This will be fun.

Fierro

Gosh, your avatar xheart :lol: Every time I mix you with Ashley who often has Cascada as his picture.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

Gosh, your avatar xheart :lol: Every time I mix you with Ashley who often has Cascada as his picture.

Ashley will be thrilled.

Wow, did you hear that [MENTION=12078]AshleyWright[/MENTION]? Ariel Pink looks like Cascada's Natalie Horlerxheart

ecf7b7d8.jpg

Fierro

I'm really glad you put him back on avatar because I only associate you with Ariel now. Remember that image from "Put Your Number In My Phone"?

Leydan

Super Moderator
Staff member

Ashley will be thrilled.

Wow, did you hear that [MENTION=12078]AshleyWright[/MENTION]? Ariel Pink looks like Cascada's Natalie Horlerxheart

ecf7b7d8.jpg

tumblr_n1gvbwDWak1sfyfseo1_400.gif

Gosh yes, what an absolutely uncanny resemblance, I think we might have just uncovered the fact that Natalie and Ariel are actually long lost siblings. Such news. Just look, almost like twins.

29engj9.jpg

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

Thank you to the final voters, Calvin and Krisxheartxheart It came right down to the wire but we have a winner.

For sure this is the closest NF i've ever had. I'm happy with the choice though, and i'm excited to compete with it and see how far it can go. I'll keep my fingers crossed for a Doomtree style miracle again. Getting "Beacon" into the final is still the most shocking thing that happened for me during my time playing this game. Lets see if WorldVision is feeling somewhat hip again. I believe there's a little bit of hip in us all.... fo shizzlexheat:cool:

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

Released 42 minutes ago... Y U do this Sadistik? Releases this hotness the day after the submission deadline for WorldVision. I would have cancelled the NF, citing that all the other songs got lost in transit or something and sent this, feeling like a god. Am sad emotions right now. So would have put this in the NF.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Re: Pacific States ☂ WV76 - Sadistik - Orange (Feat. Child Actor)

vg9pKzg.png

In a really close race, WorldVisioners picked "Orange" as the Sadistik song you'll be hearing at the 76th edition of the contest. Taken from Sadistik's 2014 release, "Ultraviolet", the dreamy track features Child Actor on singing duty and a surprising sample from a folk music icon (more on that later).

Cody Foster, better known as Sadistik, is an alternative hip-hop musician born in Seattle, Washington, now based in California. Sadistik's deep, cerebral, and complicated rhyming style, along with the incredibly rich, often dark, melancholic tone of his work, is what attracted me to his music. I'd been listening to a few hip-hop artists, ones that had really opened my eyes, but things clicked even further when discovering this gentleman's art. I pretty much became fixated.

"Orange" was actually my introduction to Sadistik, and it was quite a welcoming one I must admit. This synth based track is light and spacious, which makes it quite an uncommon song within his discography. I find "Orange" strangely luscious and hypnotic. The kind of thing that's easy to let go and get lost in, as Cody invites you into his senses to taste his aural rainbow.

“The concept for “Orange” was drawn from the ethereal nature of the song and the use of color as an existential theme. At the start of the video I find myself in a very hollow, bland place. As the video progresses, be it through dreams or reality, my initial starkness changes and my surroundings grow vibrant with colors that eventually entrench me fully. I’m extremely excited to share these visuals with my fans and fans of both music and art as a whole.” – Sadistik

There's orange and yellow on the paintbrush
It's sort of mellow, but the same rush
I taste the ocean on my taste buds
But I can make a poem with the same tongue
O-range all around, Cobain stompin' ground
No rain's fallen down, old flames all 'a drown
I'm allowed a few low day fallin' outs
Mourning a man that my gold chain honors now
Mellow Yello’s got the blues
I'm green with all this envy, cause this fellow got marooned
I've read all the white lies left in the twilight
Purrs-pulled from kitties who bellow at the moon
So I choose, to keep a tangerine with the tambourine
Apathy is absentee ballot when I crack a cheese
Smile, there's no masterpiece styled
In an afternoon, I have to use the Stanley Kub
There's no Full Metal Jacket
It's quite right enough to hide my own kettle's blackness
A low-level blacksmith, so orange it’s clockwork
And there's no choice but onward
Yeah, he said whatever takes the weight off
Raindrops drive you crazy if they hit the same spot
So I go opposite of still
When I'm feeling blue until the opposites reveal that I'm orange

All of it is a dream
I make it up, but it’s real
All of it is a dream
Want you to see
I want to believe
All of it is a dream
I make it up, but it’s real
All of it is a dream
I want you to see, I want to believe
I wanna believe

There's orange and yellow in my eyelids
It's sort of mellow, but I like it
So bright and vibrant I might go blind
If I don't adjust to my climate
Mount Olympus, I'll climb it
No Sisyphus exists in my mindset
Mind set to detonate if
I step incorrect, expressin' my violets
Purple Haze and some Kurt Cobain
Got me doing flips like it's Cirque Soleil
Slow-motion at a turtle's pace
I'm so Punxsutawney Phil when I'm still in a recurrin' state
And each day is the same as the last one
Fatal attraction, waves to a captain
O-range turned grey from my atoms
And threw it to the skies above, April showers

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

The little surprise this song is packing is that the piece actually opens with the sampled vocals from the one and only, Loreena Mckennitt. We hear her sing an excerpt of "Prospero's Speech", a piece by Shakespeare that Loreena put to music, taken from her album "The Mask and Mirror". This is probably the closest i'm going to get to sending Loreena Mckennitt to WorldVision, and I think is quite a fun little bonus to make this entry feel that much sweeter.

n03Qleh.png

Canada's finest, MC Loreena Mckennitt

MGh1zEO.png

For once I had an extremely close NF. It came down to the very last voter, with three songs still in the running. "Orange" ultimately won, but "Mourning Glory" gave it an incredibly good fight, which pleasantly surprised me a little bit, I must say. I imagined "Mourning Glory" being the hardest one for people to get into, what with it being nearly 7 minutes in length and something that needs time to unravel. "To Be In Love" wasn't far behind at all and at one point I thought it could do it. In my head I was sort of egging that one on, as it would have been something so outrageous for me to be sending (still thinking bout that video:cool:). Weirdly enough, I made this thinking the winner was probably going to be "Writes of Passage", but it struggled throughout, Kris saving it some face at the end though with that lovely 12. I thought this track was the most "me" one on offer, as it's so melancholic. "Orange" feels a great choice though, and perhaps it's the one best capable of surprising people in a positive way. My apologies to Vlad that his least favourite won. Thank you again very much to everyone that helped me choose this songxheart I hope you enjoy Sadistik and my second foray into hip hoppery.

giphy.gif

Lupus

Piece of Wonk

I'm glad that my voting was in the exact order of the results :lol:

Amir

Veteran

my :12: won xbow

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

The Pacific States Sadistik campaign continues as the region ups the intensity of it's promotion, with just under two hours left to vote in semi 3.

pP4kCGk.png

Also.... screw the break. You can blame Zobo (cuuuurseeee him using my suggestion in his NF). You've got me for one more edition. I'm pretty sure now we'll see over the coming editions ShoeFlo announcing John Grant, Yaroslav Tamara, HipFlo staging a Tinashe comeback, Daniel sending Tallia Storm, Ashley going for Kurt Vile, Calvin opting for Vera Lynn and a whole host of other evil things in an attempt to ruin my desired break.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

3229_banner1.jpg

20th in semi 3 with 33 points / REJU 10th with 59 points
Final DNQ

Expected result. My draw was all kinds of bad. I wept into my hanky the very moment I saw it. There were a few undercover hip people in the semi though it seems. Thank you very much for those 33 points. A big thank you to REJU voters. That's a great result there.

I had wanted to send Sadistik for a long time, and I knew of the uphill struggle alternative hip hop would face in current day WorldVision. I got very lucky when I sent Doomtree. After my "shock" MUNA fail though, I decided I wanted to play things differently to how I normally would after a failure. I didn't want to bring out the big guns. I was ready to get my first pair of fails in a row. Of course, this artist is in my heart and I would have absolutely loved nothing more than for him to scrape through, but I had already accepted the likely negative outcome before it happened. This was a letting go moment sort of. I don't regret it as I know a bunch of you really enjoyed it. Thanks for getting hip with mexrose Sadistik's new album is out very soon and i'm so excited. I almost thought of sending him twice in a row, but I don't think he was quite close enough to qualifying for me to consider an insta return now:lol:

Next edition... hmmm. Well, i've been skimpy on the ballads recently, but I might choose instead to try and attempt a really explosive comeback. I was supposed to be on a break, but i'll push it back (again) because of Zobo's suggestion NF.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Re: Pacific States ☂ WV77 - Someone truely iconic

WorldVision 77

Clue:

glass_clouds_title_edit.gif

- Has surprisingly never been sent to WorldVision before as a soloist, or as part of the band they were in.

- Will be my fourth artist pinch from my own home country (boy, does everyone love the California sun).

- The song itself is perhaps even more recognizable than "Hallelujah", and the artist is up there with Bowie in terms of his/her legend.

I had this down originally as my next Christmas entry, to try and follow on the special moments that happened with Judee Sill and John Cale, but i'm bringing it forward for a particular reason. I'm excited to share it and to write about the artist. Whatever the songs fate, I know that now is the right moment to send it because we need to think about the message it carries. It's hitting me hard right now.

If you know who it is, please don't say. Just give me your best Amanda Lear or [insert other icon here] smile.

Lupus

Piece of Wonk

100228023514-1-amanda-lear.png

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

Wow, you both worked out quick that i'm sending Lauren Harries' "All Dressed Up".

Lupus

Piece of Wonk

Wow, you both worked out quick that i'm sending Lauren Harries' "All Dressed Up".

Yes, and just you wait until I get revenge because you are sending my favouritest ever artist you THIEF THIEF THIEF

Top Bottom