Pacific States 🌊 WV 190: Allie X - Black Eye

Marcos C

kdam7yU.png

OokeeCp.png

Alaska ⦁ California ⦁ Hawai'i ⦁ Oregon ⦁ Washington

Last edited:

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Re: Pacific States ☂ WV74 - Weyes Blood - Generation Why / Celebrating 25 Editions Of State Hopping (page 42)

My holy Rainwod trinity:

Kurt F-ing Vile • Doomtree • Kristin Kontrol

xbow xbow xbow

Keep slaying the WV and send more hip hits :>

My proudest WV moment, getting three 12s from the hippest juror:cool:xheat

There will be two, possibly three (if you count hip-garage rock as well) hip entries when I move back to Midwest USA soonish. That region has the hippest of the hip.

Lupus

Piece of Wonk
Re: Pacific States ☂ WV74 - Weyes Blood - Generation Why / Celebrating 25 Editions Of State Hopping (page 42)

25 glorious editions of RainyWoodsdom!! Such Kaiconicity to hit WV and such success as well! xcheer Here are your Lupine friend's absolute faves:

The Kiss: Too powerful for words. I daren't listen to it too often because it's depressing. There's very few musical pieces which are so special and intense. A gem xlove xcry
Hallelujah: Well I knew this one and adore it, so hardly a new one, but such an incredible rendition of the song xlove
Chic C'est La vie: I blanked this xrofl Shows just how much WV has changed me tbh! A brilliantly wonderful song, and boy do I have plans for this... ;)
Hope There's Someone: I missed this by joining WV a smidge too late, but thanks to a few surprises in Stirling charity shops, I have it on CD. Haunting vocals, but actually a song you can listen to without either feeling sucidial or starting to feel suicidal :p
Dark Parts: This gorgeous piece; such #amsoemotion! The story behind this one is just so wonderful!! I adore the video too and the way he shows such devotion and care for his Mother. An inspiration to us all xlove
10 Headed Goat Wizard: You knew it was coming ;) Fun and upbeat little gem this. Adorable and sweet! Just the song you need after Antony or Judee ;)

Kai: You are one of my favourite WV players: I have given you 127 points in semis (avg. 6.05) and 6 12s, as well as 96 points in finals (avg. 5.33) and 3 12s. Here's to another 25 editions of amazing music xcheers

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

25 glorious editions of RainyWoodsdom!! Such Kaiconicity to hit WV and such success as well! xcheer Here are your Lupine friend's absolute faves:

The Kiss: Too powerful for words. I daren't listen to it too often because it's depressing. There's very few musical pieces which are so special and intense. A gem xlove xcry
Hallelujah: Well I knew this one and adore it, so hardly a new one, but such an incredible rendition of the song xlove
Chic C'est La vie: I blanked this xrofl Shows just how much WV has changed me tbh! A brilliantly wonderful song, and boy do I have plans for this... ;)
Hope There's Someone: I missed this by joining WV a smidge too late, but thanks to a few surprises in Stirling charity shops, I have it on CD. Haunting vocals, but actually a song you can listen to without either feeling sucidial or starting to feel suicidal :p
Dark Parts: This gorgeous piece; such #amsoemotion! The story behind this one is just so wonderful!! I adore the video too and the way he shows such devotion and care for his Mother. An inspiration to us all xlove
10 Headed Goat Wizard: You knew it was coming ;) Fun and upbeat little gem this. Adorable and sweet! Just the song you need after Antony or Judee ;)

Kai: You are one of my favourite WV players: I have given you 127 points in semis (avg. 6.05) and 6 12s, as well as 96 points in finals (avg. 5.33) and 3 12s. Here's to another 25 editions of amazing music xcheers

Aw thank you Robertxrunhug

You've described "The Kiss" very well. It can be so very hard to listen to sometimes. It overwhelms you. How such a troubled person could have wrote something like this. It's just devastatingly beautiful. I'd like to share Judee with WorldVision again. It's going to be difficult as i'll be unable to match this song and i'm worried that people will compare them, whatever I send. She has one other very long piano ballad that's much darker. Apart from that it's gorgeous baroque country-folk she has to offer from the two albums she made.

Oh you knew "Hallelujah" eh?:rolleyes: When I saw that it hadn't been sent I just had to jump on it to help ease me into sending John Cale. I was still a wreck the entire edition though.

I'm glad "Chic C'est La Vie" eventually managed to work it's iconic charm on you. This song just makes me think of that time a couple of years ago when there would be 16 or 17 of us at Freedom Room during the evenings, and we'd all be playing our hot hits.

Your charity shop rummagesxheartxheat What a find! "I'm A Bird Now" is one of my favourite albums ever. I adore every track, but something led me towards this one when I was picking songs for that very first NF, even if "Bird Gerhl" had always been my favourite Antony song (actually one of the very few times I hadn't picked out my favourite song of an artist, the other times being John Cale and Elliott Smith). Sadly I actually sometimes have difficulty listening to this song, as I just feel it's so heavy and blunt. Of course achingly beautiful and absolutely stunning but it really gets to me. A shocking way to start my journey playing this game.

"Dark Parts" is just beautiful, and the story behind it is indeed wonderful. The ending bit in the tree with his mum :,-(

Oh booy, "10 Head Goat Wizard" I think was the entry I had the most fun with for some reason. I don't even know why! I was just so happy that entire edition. It was sort of like my garage rock equivalent of a summer hit.

Thank you again. I'm so happy you've enjoyed my entries this muchxheart

ShoeFlo

My WoodKai (when will this nickname finally establish?) ranking...

First of all I need to explain my rating system
Red = Burn in Hell
Orange = not my cup but it doesnt give me cancer either
Yellow = so-so
Light Green = good
Dark Green = slaying xheat
Darker Green and bold = sigurróssing xfaint

Here we go!

01. The Kiss xcry .. crap I promised not to cry xcry
02. I've been loved
03. Space Oddity ... I still bear grudges ... one day WV community will pay for that :mad:
04. Piano Mantra

05. Dark Parts
06. Hope There's slayone
07. Halleslayah
08. In The Beginning
09. Put Your Number in my Phone
10. Pretty Slayin
11. Beachwood Slaying
12. I'm Going Away Slaying
13. Strangest Ass
14. Weight
15. Bottle Up and Explode
16. The Way it is
17. Holy Holy (I should like it more than I do :? )
18. Smoke Rings

19. A Little Crazy
20. Femme Fatale (please dont kill me)
21. That The Cure cover
22. Beacon

23. Lowlife
24. some french words :rolleyes:

(I didn't include 'Generation Why' yet cause it is still in the competition and if I put it in the ranking you would try to figure out how many points you can expect from me and then I feel like being under pressure when I'll do my final voting)

So, 4 songs got my very best grade and that's actually pretty much. "sigurróssing" is a grade that I wouldn't probably give to more than 130 or 140 songs that were ever recorded. You have such an impact on me musically.. it's fascinating. I'm still regularly listening to around half of these 25 songs... you might not see it in my last.fm ranking but I have them in my playlists on my mp3 player :D
I guess "Dark Parts" on 5th place must be the biggest positive shock for you and without knowing right now how many points I gave it I am sure it wasn't enough.. after you told us the story of this song it became so endlessly sad... and I love when music can make me tear up. Crying is the most emotional level of expression and sometimes I like to "purge" myself.
Most negative shock is probably my 21st place but I've already told you that somehow it doesn't attract me anymore and it became even a little annoying. It wasn't a good idea comparing it too often with Friday I'm in Love cause that's an very unfair comparison. I just should have accepted as a cute song which it certainly is and never even thought about similarities to other songs... but oh well, 18/24 songs in the green area, you are truly a wizard.
You would be my favorite WV user if there wasn't my Croatian brother-from-another-mother and that mysterious lady from Northern Sweden. You fight for the 3rd position against that smart Cologne guy who loves huge NFs and 'Herman' Grönemeyer.

Please keep it up my friend. You absolutely enriched the WV and I think most people will agree with me on that. WV needed people like you, you filled a gap. And you filled it with much melancholia and passion.

Btw, I love my little cameo appearance in your video at 3:53 xheat and that scandalous Cronin snippets... I am sure you are the guy who attacked Cronin (dont worry, nobody could resist). I like your beard xheat

Krishoes

25 editions of Kainess! I love you, my friend.

the-amanda-lear-o.gif

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

[MENTION=11993]whiteshoes[/MENTION] Aw thank you dear Flo for your kind words and complimentsxheart It gives me great pleasure to know you still play some of the songs i've shared. It is an honour that you place four of my songs on sigurróssing levels even. I think i've sent probably too many sad songs. I feel like the black cloud of this contest, and I had a lot more fun when entering with songs I didn't have such an emotional attachment to. It's very draining playing with these songs (maybe you can understand as you've sent many very dark and sad songs yourself). I didn't think i'd be able to keep it up for much longer. If I were to rank your songs then I guess one would be mikalcronining (Olafur), the rest would be all countessluanning levels of wonderfulxheart

I'm glad you spotted your cameo in the video. That Elliott Smith edition was the most emotional one. I forget I even sent Orenda Fink's "Holy Holy". Obviously was my mourning entry after Elliott's failure. I then had a breakdown and sent "Strangest Ass". I think I need more breakdown moments. I've sent nowhere near enough weirdo, outsider artists. Just only Ariel Pink and Part Time. Well dear Nobunny is there, forever threatening the players of WorldVision with his participation when people least expect it..... he loves Kris.

547407-1376-7.jpg

I'll find it in my heart to forgive you for calling The Velvet Underground & Nico's "Femme Fatale" so-so. It may take some time though for me to find forgiveness after you just wished Countess Luann's iconic "Chic C'est La Vie" to burn in hell. You do realize a bounty has now been placed on your life, and it won't be me that kills you either? It will probably be someone wearing heels and a feather bower. Be vigilant.

Oh and I didn't attack Cronin. I just wanted a lock of his hair:cry:

[MENTION=12553]Krishoes[/MENTION] wow such a ranking! We'll forgive the scandal at the bottom for the hotness at the topxheat I love you too my friend xheart

tumblr_o4seyrNJ3Z1ulh9b4o1_r1_500.gif

giphy.gif

If I were to rank my owns songs then at this moment (changes all the time) it would be:

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar

06. Mikal Cronin - Piano Manta

Piano Manta

Hula-Kai-Manta-IMG_6109.jpg

xheat xheat xheat

Thank you for 25 wonderful editions!!! xheart xheat xheat

This is ALWAYS in flux but here goes:
1. Hallelujah
2. Piano Mantra
3. Femme Fatale
4. Hope There's Someone
5. The Kiss
6. The Way It Is
7. Dark Parts
8. Space Oddity
9. I've Been Loved
10. Chic C'est La Vie
11. Put Your Number in my Phone
12. Holy Holy
13. Lowlife
14. In the Beginning
15. Weight
16. A Little Crazy
17. Bottle Up & Explode
18. Strangest Ass
19. Pretty Pim Pine
20. Smoke Rings
21. Generation Why
22. I'm Going Away Smiling
23. 10-Headed Goat Wizard
24. Beacon
25. Beachwood Canyon

cegs5

Congratulations! Thank you for blessing us not only with your entries but also your kindness, sense of humour and amazing glittery gifs xheat You've contributed a lot to this online community and contest.
I can't rank all your entries, but surely Nicole Atkins would top it, she's in a special place in my WV hits playlist.

Nicholas123

Congrats! xclap I wish you many-many more happy WV ediitons! :D

Best song was, for me, without a doubt, "In the beginning" xlove

My least favorite was the cougar's song :?

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

Congratulations! Thank you for blessing us not only with your entries but also your kindness, sense of humour and amazing glittery gifs xheat You've contributed a lot to this online community and contest.
I can't rank all your entries, but surely Nicole Atkins would top it, she's in a special place in my WV hits playlist.

Aw thank you Cesar for those very nice wordsxheart Nicole Atkinsxheat Her latest album "Goodnight Rhona Lee" releases sometime this year. I'm very excited to hear it.

Congrats! xclap I wish you many-many more happy WV ediitons! :D

Best song was, for me, without a doubt, "In the beginning" xlove

My least favorite was the cougar's song :?

Thank you Nicholasxheart I'm glad you liked "In The Beginning" so much. I saw that you and Luis sent Weyes Blood's beautiful "Do You Need My Love" to NSC. Outrageous it's fate therexgaah I wish i'd been playing NSC to help it. Her new album is so wonderful. She has also just released an EP with Ariel Pink, an artist i've previously sent to WorldVision. It's very peculiar.

Perhaps you'd be interested to see this video i'm going to embed below. It's two haunting live performances. The cinematography is beautiful. I almost felt like chopping up the video and sending her performance here of "Cardamom" to WorldVision this edition.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

Thank you to everyone that voted Weyes Blood through to the final. I'm so happy. I think I love this song even more than "In The Beginning" and that's quite some feat. It's just been resonating with me so strongly since I first heard it months ago. Originally I had this down to be my entry for the edition of WorldVision that coincided with Christmas, but then John Cale happened. I couldn't hold onto this for long though. I'm so pleased some of you are enjoying it. It's an emotional cry jam with a difference, as I find it so uplifting. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

My favourite part of the song:

"Carry me on the waves of change. I know my place, it's a beautiful thing." *swoons*

weyesblood_zpsjurhesrg.png

I might hold an NF for next edition. I don't know.... I haven't had a selection in a while now and i'm sort of craving one. I could come crashing back down to earth with the garage rock NF i've had planned for a long while (that about 2 people will enjoy xheat), or perhaps a big NF of mixed genres? Those are always most fun to hold.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

WEYES-BLOOD.png

5th in the Final with 165 points
1st in Semi 2 with 97 points / REJU 6th with 59 points

Ridiculously wonderful result again. I can't EVEN. Gosh, thank you muchly. I thought Weyes Blood had a lot going against her in the final. It was very strong for particular tastes so to finish 5th with a piece of psych-folk like this feels a humongous achievement. I got 5th on my debut with Antony, and now 5th again with Weyes Blood whilst celebrating playing 25 editions of this wonderful game. I'm so happy so many continue to enjoy my emotional jams, even the trippy little ones like this. It means a great deal and I feel very lucky. I'm thrilled to share songs like this with you all. Thank you for listening to themxheart

:12: ::tata
:10: :ca:::seen::saus:it:::subc:za:gr
:8: :de::is::ph:
:7: :sc:::blgr:dk:
:6: :svea:
:5: ::onta::sthm::newe:lv:
:4: ::atti:nl:::uusi
:3: :neus:
:2: :sobr::pt:
:1: ::ws:en::pl:

Next edition is a biggie I guess. The 75th edition of WorldVision. Maybe it's time for me to come back down to earth. I think i'm floating too high at the moment. My Bowie flop led me on an absolute rampage. It wasn't intentional, I swear. I didn't expect to get 6th, 2nd, 2nd, 3rd, 5th all in a row *insert Melinda Doolittle face*. How was it even possible? I might hold a quick (perhaps three song) NF to choose my next entry. I did actually put together a big one with nine songs but I don't think my heart was in it, and i've left it obviously too late now for such a large one. I'm having a hard time though choosing what I want to send. One song i'm considering is something very dear to me that i'm terrified to send. It's an emotional song, but it's also much riskier than my other ballads. I just have a fear about sending this particular gentleman. There's another song i'm considering that would be something very different from me. A cool new synth pop girl band. After Kristin Kontrol i've had the urge to send some more synth stuff, but perhaps something more poppy the next time. Well i've found something I love enough to send. I've also got a creepy and warped electronic piece from a hot new video game that just released, the 7th game from this particular series *clue*. If your bodies are ready, perhaps a small NF shall be a coming. Stay tuned!

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Re: Pacific States ☂ WV75 - Lil NF on page 44

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKwPwgi_a6Y

Hello ladies and gentlemen, those here by accident. Behold, for I am running a small selection to select my entry for the 75th edition of the prestigious contest, WorldVision. There were four songs I couldn't choose between, so for the first time in a while, i'm asking for your help. They vary greatly in sound and style, which is why i'm going to allow voters to be super scandalous with their points if they so choose to be.

My lucky number is 8, so i'm giving you 8 POINTS and you can share these points out however you want. You could perhaps split them between a couple you enjoy, or even give the full 8 points to one song. Just pick from one of these:

4-3-1-0
4-2-1-1
4-2-2-0
3-3-2-0
3-3-1-1
5-1-1-1
5-2-1-0
5-3-0-0
4-4-0-0
7-1-0-0
6-2-0-0
8-0-0-0
2-2-2-2

Globelamp - Artist/Traveler
This one was very almost an internal pick a few editions back. Globelamp makes extremely raw and beautiful psychedelic music. I've picked a delicate little psych ballad from her album, "The Orange Glow". I find this song to be touching, especially lyrically. I get lost in it each time I listen. Her vocals are very much an acquired taste for sure, but I hope that some of you enjoy her.

MUNA - I Know A Place
This tune is fresh out. On my quest to discover some hot pop I love strongly enough to send to WorldVision, I came across this awesome new synth-pop girl band. This is a rather delicious, feel good piece, with a killer chorus. If you're anything like me then it won't leave your head. I can't stop listening to it.

Michael A. Levine & Jordan Reyne - Go Tell Aunt Rhody Time to freak some of you out with this one, the theme song to the new Resident Evil game. I'm quite a fan of the iconic survival horror series, and this is the track that played during trailers for the game, managing to get me incredibly pumped. Michael A. Levine composed the piece, taking an old children's song and twisting it in a way that would make Soap&Skin proud. Upon the games release, fans finally learned the vocals are done by New Zealand's Jordan Reyne. This is some dark stuff, yet actually somehow it manages to get pretty euphoric during the final chorus. Would surely be my weirdest entry to date if you make me go with this one.

Todd Rundgren - Lucky Guy This gentleman is one of my favourite artists. You may remember him from two previous NFs. He had one psychedelic rock song in a very early NF of mine that flopped hard, and then I gave him THREE songs in the NF that followed (yes, I was really trying to push him). This was the song that did best in that NF, finishing 3rd, and it also happens to be my favourite Todd Rundgren song, one that holds a special place in my heart. I'm terrified at the prospect of flopping with something and someone that means so much to me, but WorldVision isn't about results. It's about simply sharing music you love with others, and that's what should be bringing the joy. If you'd like me to send this song then I think my body is ready for it.

Thank you for voting:

:mx::lond:::seen:it:::newe:de::ph:Madrid:en::is::jp::ua:::moun:sc:

Deadline: 23:59 CET 18th February​

Lupus

Piece of Wonk

::seen has voted in this delightful National Final! Some iconic songing here from the Rain in the Woods. Best of luck xlove

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

Thank you very much Cesar, Calvin, Robert, Kris and Connor for votingxheart The deadline now is 23:59 CET 18th of this month if anyone else would like to help me choose my next entry.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

Thank you to Ben, Eulaliya and Mike for votingxheart Things are still very much to play for, especially with this particular voting system. Will I be sending dreamy folk, synth-pop, creepy electronic music or your good old friend, the cry jam? It's in your hands. Two days still left to decide.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

Thank you muchly to Merio, ShoeFlo and Zobo for listening to the songs and helping me outxheart The results so far are interesting. It can all change........... maybe not all. I'll rephrase that. Most of it can change. Therexlove Tomorrow is the last day to vote if you'd like to help me out.

BTW, that feeling when someone tells you one of your potential entries is competing in the current edition of NSC.

266px-Amanda_Lear_2010_b.jpg

:jp: has sent its votes with the usual novel of a post! xheya

Novel PMsxheatxheart I think it might actually be my favourite thing about WorldVision. Writing people novels whenever they run their NFs and i'm sending in my votes, and receiving novels whenever I happen to be holding my own NFs. Oh, how i've missed holding NFs.

Fierro

I have voted here and received much of warm support from Rainywoods xrose You're a bright person! Hopefully one of compositions I voted for will win this NF. Both are in my playlist now xlove

Top Bottom