Marcos C

kdam7yU.png

OokeeCp.png

Alaska ⦁ California ⦁ Hawai'i ⦁ Oregon ⦁ Washington

Last edited:

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Re: Pacific States ☂ WV75 - Lil NF on page 44

Thank you Vlad (and thank you also for those lovely wordsxheart), quen rev and Daniel of Saorland for votingxlove Woowza! I didn't expect to get this many votes. I've tied my NF record now. Just one more voter and it would be a new record I think
9fuxz0z.gif
You've got just a few more hours left to vote if you'd like to. I'll be sending my entry in tonight. I'm getting quite excited now.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

KUwHsf.gif

VOTING CLOSED

Voting is over and I didn't quite beat my NF record (fiddle sticks) but to equal it again with 14 voters is brilliant. Thank you so much to each one of youxheart I'm really excited now about this coming edition. Here's how things ended up looking:

Trolololololololololol

Did Todd finally become my lucky guy, or did Globelamp beat him to the postlamp? Has a ballad finally not won one of my NFs? Did "Go Tell Aunt Rhody" avoid that delicious 5 point total? All will be revealed very soon. Stay tuned.

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar

Today was San Francisco Giants picture day, so it's time for another installment of Hot Sportsmen! Brandon Crawford may have featured in another Hot Sportsmen previously, but picture day surely warrants another!

GettyImages_643249992.0.jpg

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

d1f74a0c-d2a5-4c05-85d1-14849b036367.gif

Gee, he sure is purdy up there. I have no idea though Calvin why you keep posting random sportsmen in my greenroom. What do they have to do with my WorldVision region?

Oh, Bradon Crawford is from California eh........... carry on.

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar

Oh, Bradon Crawford is from California eh........... carry on.

If only he sang as well as he twirled xheart

crawford-dodgers.gif

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Re: Pacific States ☂ WV75 - MUNA - I Know A Place

cP7Xaay.png

I'm excited to announce i'll be sending my first upbeat and positive synth-pop song this edition, thanks to voters in my NF leading MUNA to an extremely comfortable win with their fresh out tune, "I Know A Place". MUNA are Katie Gavin, Josette Maskin and Naomi McPherson. The trio met in college and discovered they had chemistry whilst jamming at a party. They started working together in 2013 and on the 3rd of February 2017 they released their debut album "About U".

Whilst the song "I Know A Place" was clearly packing a message, I wasn't aware of just how strong that message was until purchasing MUNA's album a couple of days ago. All three members of the band identify as queer. At first the girls were wary of being pigeonholed as a "queer girl band" but now they embrace it, and take every chance to empower and lift people who may feel on the outside or as though they don't fit in.

I know a place we can go, where everyone’s gonna lay down their weapons

"At the time, we intended the dance club to serve as a metaphor. Then, on June 12th, 2016, a gunman walked into Latin Night at Pulse Nightclub in Orlando, Florida — a queer space, a brown space, a safe space — and shot 49 people to death.
“I Know A Place” was never supposed to be a funeral hymn. It was meant to be a work song, like Yoko Ono’s full-page ad in the New York Times that proclaimed, “War Is Over!” in December of 1969, at the height of the Vietnam War. We wrote our song to be the voice in your head that tells you to celebrate peace during wartime, because our battle is only just beginning, and one day our war really will be over.
It was also meant to serve as encouragement for our community to remain vulnerable and kind and hopeful in the face of violence. We cannot build a better world without first imagining what that world might look like, and by creating that space inside ourselves first."

giphy.gif

So somehow, me, the most politically shy and private person has ended up sending an absolutely explosive peace song by a protest bandxheat Oh well, I agree wholeheartedly with the message of the song. The world today is a horrible, messed up place, and if some people can find solace, a safe space even in a song like this, it can only be a good thing. At first I thought I was just sharing with you all a cool new girl band with a catchy bop. Now I feel like it's so much more.

I knew
When you told me you don't wanna go home tonight
And you tried to just shrug it off when I asked you why
Somebody hurt you
Somebody hurt you
But you're here by my side
And I knew
'Cause I can recall when I was the one in your seat
I still got the scars and they occasionally bleed
Cause somebody hurt me
Somebody hurt me
But I'm staying alive

And I can tell
When you get nervous
You think being yourself
Means being unworthy
And it's hard to love
With a heart that's hurting
But if you want to go out dancing

I know a place (ooh)
I know a place we can go (yeah)
Where everyone gonna lay down their weapon
Lay down their weapon
Just give me trust and watch what'll happen
'Cause I know (ooh)
I know a place we can run (yeah)
Lay down their weapon
Don't you be afraid of love and affection
Just lay down your weapon

Right now
It's like you're carrying all the weight of your past
I see all your bruises, yellow, dark blue, and black
But baby a bruise is, only your body
Tryna keep you intact
So right now
I think we should go get drunk on cheap wine
I think we should hop on the purple line
'Cause maybe our purpose
Is to never give up when we're on the right track

And I can tell
When you get nervous
You think being yourself
Means being unworthy
And it's hard to love
With a heart that's hurting
But if you want to go out dancing

I know a place (ooh)
Lay down their weapon
'Cause I know (ooh)
I know a place we can run (yeah)
Lay down their weapon
(Lay down your weapon)

They will try to make you unhappy
Don't let them
They will try to tell you you're not free
Don't listen
I, I know a place where you don't need protection
Even if it's only in my imagination
I, I know a place we can go
Lay down their weapon
Just give me trust and anything can happen

'Cause I know (ooh)
Lay down their weapon
'Cause I know (ooh)
I know a place we can stay (yeah)
Lay down their weapon

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

NF Results

1b8tJsQ.png

MUNA took the lead from the very first voter, and despite Todd challenging the girls early on, they proved just too strong for anyone. So at last it's happened! A ballad has NOT won one of my NFsxfaint Only took a million years to happen... wait..actually, I do forget about the time Ariel Pink strangely beat Mikal Cronin in my first ever Pacific States NF, so actually it's not the first time. These girls received points from all voters except for two. In fact, the same can be said for Todd and Globelamp, who managed to grab points from twelve voters each. This made me really happy. Globelamp just pinched 2nd place from Todd at the last set of votes (poor Todd). A lot of people had nice things to say about her little dreamy ballad. Todd in 3rd place AGAIN with "Lucky Guy". Look out in the future for both Globelamp and Todd at WorldVision. Bless Michael A. Levine & Jordan Reyne. What an epic flop. I didn't know what people would make of this strange experimental piece but I thought it would have had a few more fans. Five people decided to give it a point though. Anyway, thank you once again for votingxheart I hope you enjoy my first upbeat synth-pop song.

Live Performances

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

aZuWgsr.png

9th in Semi 3 with 67 points / REJU 6th with 66 points
Final DNQ

Thank you for all the lovely points you gave to my electro-pop song. That's a brilliant result. It's a shame to miss with this much support but it happens to people almost every edition. Someone has to just miss and I guess it was my turn this time. The main thing though is that so many of you enjoyed MUNA's song and that makes me happy. Thank youxrose I'm pretty sure i'll bring them back one day, seeing how ridiculously close they were, and the fact there's a song on their debut album I love even more than "I Know A Place" so stay tuned.

I'm going to be taking a break from WorldVision soon I think. I'll do one more with Pacific so I reach my five entries promised from my return here and then might sit out a couple of editions. I love WorldVision too much and am a bit of a mentally unstable person. Music contest + unstable person playing from their heart for 26 editions = exhausted wreck of a being. I just need a break and a bit of a breather while I focus on some other important things in my life which have been left sitting there for too long. I find this whole wondrous WorldVision shebang ridiculously consuming and stressful, from choosing who to send to voting and that constant cloud of worry. Worrying and stressing out is just a part of who I am. I'm lucky to have such a region where I can share with you my favourite songs and artists ever, and it's what i've been doing 90% of the time, and it's what I want to continue to do but it takes it's toll eventually. Think of it as like HipFlo sending Tinashe pretty much every edition or ShoeFlo sending Sigur Ros non stop. I'm pretty sure they'd be dead or nothing but shells of their former selves by now. I probably need to whip out more stuff I love, but have no emotional strings attached to. MUNA were actually the first time ever I did something like that, believe it or not, and I still was stressed out. It's just a game but somehow in my head I see it as so much more. There's a lot of soul on display with WorldVision and that's what I love about it.

If next edition is my last in a while though then I want to make it something special. I might end this Pacific stay with a small NF. A bunch of you have taken my emotion jams into your hearts, and I don't think you know how much that has meant to me. I've never brought a bunch of them together before for you, and maybe now it could be time for a little NF with some of my favourites? For sure you'd see the return of some former entrants, as well as some new faces. Either that or you can have my hot wreck garage rock NF i've been planning for 800 years and we can go for two flops in a row and be cool:cool::lol:xheart Or my hip NFxheat

ShoeFlo

break? y u do this
tell me how long's the break then i will get out all my wanna-be happy pop rock songs with "oooooh oooh" parts throughout

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

Good evening....... I mean, YO my dears (that's better) and welcome to quite possibly one of the hippest song selections you'll ever vote in, if you dare to listen. I present to you today a gentleman whose music i've become obsessed with since I came across him just over about half a year ago. Sadistik (Cody Foster) is an alternative hip hop artist from Seattle, Washington. I find myself connecting to his stuff on a very deep level, even more so than my favourite hip hop collective, Doomtree, who I previously shared with you all many editions ago. Sadistik makes dark, incredibly forward and hard hitting, often achingly beautiful music. Probably lyrically the best MC i've come across. When I start listening to him, I find myself unable to stop. I can swim in this stuff for hours.

Sadistik X Kno - To Be In Love Kicking us off is a track from the 2015 collaboration, "Phantom Limbs". Sadistik joined forces with hip hop producer, Kno, and "To Be In Love" I think is the highlight from the EP. In it's spareness, there's something strangely hypnotic about this track. I love the twangy guitar and haunting refrain. Imagine me sending a track with a music video like this to WorldVision as well? The scandal at the LL:cool:

Sadistik - Writes Of Passage (Feat. Vast Aire) A very dark and heavy cut from his 2008 album, "The Balancing Act". On "Writes Of Passage" Sadistik collaborates with New York City rapper, Vast Aire, who opens the track, spitting his rhythms over melancholic strings that haunt the track. Sadistik follows on hard with what could possibly be my favourite verse ever.

"I do this for pot heads playing sick as a teen
And insomniacs who still will raise a fist for the dream
For Street Fighter 2 and David Lynchian scenes
For 2Pac Shakur and Rage Against the Machine"

Such word smithery, I can't even... This song is ridiculous! Devastatingly beautiful and powerful.

Sadistik - Orange (feat. Child Actor and Loreena Mckennittxheat) Something now that feels a lot lighter than Sadistik's other works. There's room here to breathe on this spacey synth track taken from the 2014 release, "Ultraviolet". This track seems based around Sadistik's synesthesia (seeing sound as color or otherwise mixing of the senses). In fact, it's obvious with the namecheck and colourful music video. This is a cool track and was my introduction to Foster's music. Child Actor sings the chorus, and of VERY special note is that the track opens with the sampled vocals of one of the hottest MCs of all time, MC Loreena Mckennitt. I wasn't sure at first but I took this track to several antique experts. The first one said "That's not Loreena", but the second one who is Ireland's number 1 Loreena Mckennitt fan with almost 7000 Loreena scrobbles on their lastfm page, assured me that this is 100% genuine Loreena Mckennitt realness. I plan to sue the first expert... [MENTION=4597]Stargazer[/MENTION]xqueenbitch

Sadistik - Mourning Glory Time for an emotion jam now. This is beautiful and heartbreaking. The first hip hop song to ever make me cry, almost sort of certifying my strong bond with this genre of music that a few years ago I never thought i'd be able to get properly into. I guess I was just looking in the wrong places. The second half of the first verse here is just so overwhelming and blunt. You'll see when you listen to it. This is a long track, and about half way through it takes a turn. It's almost like two songs in one.

VOTING SYSTEM: 12 / 10 / 8 / 7 / 6 / 5 pick four of these numbers, only rule being that you must have 12 there. I'm giving you a little room for maneuvering if you have a strong favourite or there are gaps between what you like.

Songs for copying and pasting:

Sadistik X Kno - To Be In Love
Sadistik - Writes of Passage (feat. Vast Aire)
Sadistik - Orange (feat. Child Actor and MC Loreena Mckennitt)
Sadistik - Mourning Glory

DEADLINE: Midnight before the song submission deadline for 76.

:am:::nswa:lond:::newe:mx::il::ua::lond::xk:

3ardUB7m.png

So there you have it. I hope that some of you will enjoy the music of Sadistik. I was very hesitant to share him with WorldVision at first, partly because his music quickly came to mean quite a bit to me, and thinking of this contest and it's difficult relationship with hip hop music... well, it just didn't seem a very welcoming idea. I got extremely lucky when I sent Doomtree. Two semis and a perfect draw. I'm taking an extended break though from WorldVision after next edition. You probably won't see me again until the end of May. I think it will just be a nice way to end with someone I really love, and where the important thing really is just sharing with you music I think is special. I sincerely hope some of you enjoy him.

DaFlo

Banned
Re: Pacific States ☂ WV76 - Hip Sadistik NF

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

xheat

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Re: Pacific States ☂ WV76 - Hip Sadistik NF

Thank you to my first three voters: Hip Armenian juror Charly, the baddest, most on point homie on the block, HipFlo, and he's down with the kids and managed to somehow survive four alternative hip hop songs and is still alive to tell the tale, is MC Lupusxheartxheartxheart

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Re: Pacific States ☂ WV76 - Hip Sadistik NF (page 46)

As I have told you now about 27 times, I am taking a break after next edition, but... BUT BUT BUT............. there is a chance it might not be next edition. Presenting mysterious Mr or Mrs X.

lLaiK25.png

It's come to my attention that someone literally Valentina Monetta levels of iconic lived in America. The problem being I can't find out what state. Thanks for putting on your wikipedia page and album press release that you spent time living in the United States but with no damn state there for me to go "LOOK WORLDVISION!!! *pushes proof in front of face* I CAN SEND THEM!!!! *runs off screaming and twirling*". I really need this break but if I can somehow find the proof I need to send this mystery person from the United States then it's on! I'd be so excited. The timing would be too perfect not to do it now as well. Please god, grant me this icon.

Lupus

Piece of Wonk

It looks like the gorilla from Occidentali's Karma to me... xthink

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

It looks like the gorilla from Occidentali's Karma to me... xthink

Yes, and there is a 5 billion dollar reward for anyone that can tell me the state the Occidentali's Karma gorilla lived in whilst he was in America.

hqdefault.jpg

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

Thank you to Grandmaster Connot from New England for blessing me with NF votesxheart Here's how things look after 4 voters:

Aw maan, look how close it is. A three horse race. I guess I can't hope for a tonne more voters as it's quite a niche bunch of songs, but i'd be happy ending with maybe seven or eight voters. If you think you might enjoy some alternative hip hop (somewhat like Doomtree) then give Mr. Sadistik a try and help me out.

Amir

Veteran

You didn't tag me IOTAP

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

You didn't tag me IOTAP

[MENTION=12072]Amir[/MENTION]

100228023514-1-amanda-lear.png

Oh look, a Sadistik NF. Much fun and cool and a whole lot of hip. Perhaps you will enjoy a song or two or four herexheart

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

Thank you very much to dear Cesar for voting in my NFxheart

Today is the last day if anymore of you would like to help me choose my Sadistik song. One song seems to be out of the race (which surprises me greatly), but three of them are so close it's unreal. If just one more person was to vote, you'd essentially be choosing my next entry.

[MENTION=12072]Amir[/MENTION]

RTM_Lisa_001_T.1345728454.jpg

Me awaiting your life affirming hip votes.

Top Bottom