kdam7yU.png

OokeeCp.png

Alaska ⦁ California ⦁ Hawai'i ⦁ Oregon ⦁ Washington

Last edited:

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Re: Pacific States - WV60 - Perfume Genius - Dark Parts

Yes the fans demand a hip hit mister Rainy :cool: xheat

Aw bless. Everyone wants me to flop it seems. I'll see what I can do. Perhaps I won't torture you all with another ballad next edition. I don't want to become a predictable player

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

SCANDALOUS MIDWEST ARTIST SHORTLIST

SCANDALOUS SOUTHERN USA ARTIST SHORTLIST

SCANDALOUS MID-ATLANTIC ARTIST SHORTLIST

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar

All those lists sound hot, but I give the edge to ::midw xheat

DaFlo

Banned

::midw for ovious reasons or the region of King Kurt xbow #justice4Kurt

ShoeFlo

I think I slightly prefer your selection for Mid-Atlantic States over the others.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

When I was looking at my voting documents I made a fascinating discovery.
Apparently there emerged some kind of pattern in my voting:

WV 56: :8: to :paci:
WV 57: :12: to :paci:
WV 58: :8: to :paci:
WV 59: :12: to :paci:
WV 60: :8: to :paci:
WV 61: ....
16500.jpg

I hope you don't wanna break this row. You better make a wise decision IOTAP :lol:

You did well with your last choices. In fact, these last 5 entries I just refered to raised you up to 1st place in the Best Players Ranking. The magic of these songs don't get lost cause every of these songs are beautiful in different ways. I don't think people get tired of it.

Then again I know your passion for these Pot C hits (I don't know a general term) and I guess after sending plenty of melancholic songs recently, now there is an urgent need inside of you to finally send a Pot C song again and I understand that you will get rid of this inner pressure by sending a hot icon or something trashy to WV xthink Don't deny it I know you better than you think I do :cool:

Just send what your heart tells you to send!

Woah, that's quite something. I did hear this rumour going around that you're actually a fan of really clever, thought provoking hip hop? Did I hear correctly? You like it when it's classy? You might just be in luck next edition my friend. I perhaps have a treat lined up for you that will keep that hot pattern going.

In all seriousness though, I think I would have the songs that could keep that pattern going, but I don't want to get stuck in a comfortable rut, becoming ultra predictable. I worry eventually that I could spoil things and people will start to tire of what i'm offering. I'd risk losing you and others going to the Midwest, but I would hope there would still be something there for you to enjoy. Elliott Smith and The Orwells are pretty much certainties if I go there, and I think I could organize a really fun hot wreck of an NF with all the remaining artists. I think you probably know though now who are my top choices to send because I didn't take off the asterisk when copy and pasting my list:lol:

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

Oh that sounds interesting. If you're really planning on moving back to Mid-Atlantic or even Midwest could I suggest you to send Laurie Anderson (she fits both actually). I'm kinda obsessing with her right now. :D But I encourage you to send hip-hop, in fact I'm excited to see what it is. :O

I'm listening to some of Laurie Anderson's songs right now and really enjoying them. I'm definitely going to dig into her work. What a fabulous recommendation Tinchey, thank you. Gosh, The Velvet Underground connection as well with her being Lou Reed's wife! Oh actually, that was another thing. I'm besotted with John Cale of VU and learned I could be ultra scandalous and send the welsh man from the Pacific Statesxheat

Lupus

Piece of Wonk

Hmm... The only artists I have heard of are because I heard of them through you! :p Go with whatever the others tell you; I'm sure I'll be hugely impressed with whatever the result is xlove

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar

Oh that sounds interesting. If you're really planning on moving back to Mid-Atlantic or even Midwest could I suggest you to send Laurie Anderson (she fits both actually). I'm kinda obsessing with her right now. :D But I encourage you to send hip-hop, in fact I'm excited to see what it is. :O

So I just saw this, but SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH she's one of my must-sends if I ever get back stateside :p

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

3y3p2Qs.gif

Hello and welcome to the Pacific States song selection for WorldVision 64. I'm sharing with you four songs from the Californian bedroom popper rocker David Loca, who goes by the name of Part Time. He's rather swell. You've got a nice selection of tunes to choose from here. The iconic "Thunderbolts of Love" crash into your mind. The gritty and smoggy romance you'll experience when you "Night Drive". Moving on to a new cult classic, we have the party favourite "Strangest Eyes". Don't forget to sing along. Last but not least why don't you enjoy some glorious "Visions of the Future" with this super joyous and infectious number i've picked out to close the show.

How to vote:

I'm giving you 15 points and you may split them between the four songs as you please, but you can't use the same number twice and no 0. There are not many outcomes but this does give you a little room if you've got a clear favourite you'd like to push. You may PM me your votes here or any other way you're able to reach me. Myspace, Bebo ect. All ways you can choose to vote in the spoiler below. Votes please sent by midnight before the submission deadline (if you need more time let me know. Can perhaps hold on.)

Useful recap video

I adore this mans music with all my heart. I just love synth pop and David is right at the very top for me. I can't get enough of his infectious pop treats. I've been nervous to share stuff like this with you all, and have sort of been putting it off (though I was going to be taking a risk with Ariel Pink but then got gifted that PQ so didn't have to worry). I promised myself and others i'd take bigger risks with the way I play the game, because I have so much music I love, but I send songs only if I believe they at least have a fighting chance of reaching the final (which is always my goal). Gonna try and wipe away that frame of mind. Of course I would love for WorldVision to enjoy Part Time, but what i'm getting from this is the pleasure of introducing you to something a bit different and that i'm passionate about. I hope you enjoy the songs and decide to help me pick the one that will become my next entry. Feels good to be back with Pacific Statesxheart

Thanks for your time and votes:

:mk::lond:::flan::losn:us:::nebr:jp:::saus::subc:en:

tumblr_mrlviwIPfl1rf8t6lo1_r1_400.gif

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Re: Pacific States - WV64 we're back! Part Time NF on page 26.

Three voters so far. Thank you to Calvin of the Makedonia, Robert of London and i've also got some first time votes from KennethDK of Flanders. I appreciate it very darn much... diddly.

Ned-Flanders-GIF.gif

xheat

ZoboCamel

NF votes sent! On a separate note, I've got a request to make for whatever future edition (if you take them) - or, if not, I'd love to hear what you think of the song anyway! Found this little gem from Seattle artist Jason Webley a while back and have only come to love it more with time.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

I wasn't expecting to come on this evening and find my inbox full and a huge bunch of voters, including one who technically can't even vote (more on that later).

Big thank you to Kris, ShoeFlo, Charly ZoboCamel, HipFlo and Mario. So delighted to have some first time voters. Also thank you very much to [MENTION=15137]hufus[/MENTION]. I got excited when I saw your votes because I thought you'd just joined WorldVision:lol: To my knowledge you haven't (unless i'm missing something). I don't think i'm allowed to accept votes from people who aren't playing. Pretty good reason now for you to sign up though, so I can accept them *wink wink*xheat

Anyway, two days left for anyone else who would like to help me choose a fun synth pop entry. It's too close to call at the moment.

NF votes sent! On a separate note, I've got a request to make for whatever future edition (if you take them) - or, if not, I'd love to hear what you think of the song anyway! Found this little gem from Seattle artist Jason Webley a while back and have only come to love it more with time.

I think this is one of the best recommendations i've ever had. A really charming little folk song and I can imagine myself investigating the artist further. Thank you ZoboCamel. You made a great discovery there. The likelihood of me ever sending a suggestion is really tiny unfortunately as I have about a gazillion American artists i'm besotted with and dying to send as soon as I can. From Pacific especially my list is ridiculous. I'm going to check out some more of Jason's music though, and i'm really happy for this introduction. Thank youxheart For 65 i've got plans (a returning artist), but then i'll just go with the flow once again.

hufus

Go on, take them. It's only an NF ;)

I'm not signing up just yet, but maybe once I finish this semester :)

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

The NF is over. We have a winner. Thank you to my last voter and current WorldVision queen, the one and only Revallslay. In the end we have a nice double digit even number of ten voters, plus a delightful set of illegal votes from Hufusxheat The winner without his votes has a 5 point lead. With them it would be an even stronger 8 point lead.

Thanks again to everyone that voted. I'm excited for the song reveal at the LL. Should be fun.

daniels1000

Oh no, I forgot to vote. I'm sorry, Kai. :( xrose

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

Oh no, I forgot to vote. I'm sorry, Kai. :( xrose

Don't worry Danielxrose I was under the assumption that you didn't enjoy the songs, after you told me you'd only vote if there was one you enjoyed. Now I have hope again that you may like Part Timexheat I'm holding you at water pistol point though to vote in the NF i'm holding next edition, as I know you appreciate the artist;)

daniels1000

Don't worry Danielxrose I was under the assumption that you didn't enjoy the songs, after you told me you'd only vote if there was one you enjoyed. Now I have hope again that you may like Part Timexheat I'm holding you at water pistol point though to vote in the NF i'm holding next edition, as I know you appreciate the artist;)

Well, I'd have surely sent you the feedback. I'm annoyed that I told you I would vote/send you the feedback and I hate braking the promises. :(

Will gladly vote in your NF (feel free to terrorize me with the mentions). I just hope there won't be 25 songs as my amount of free time will be around zero in 2 weeks. :lol:

cegs5

I think it's the very first time I miss your NF. I had no time to check the Green Room at all, but in a positive side, I didn't spoil the results :lol: I'm looking foward to seeing what you are going to share with us this time, especially now that your entry comes after mine in SF2.

Top Bottom