7 4.0%

15 8.5%

22 12.4%

19 10.7%

33 18.6%

52 29.4%

• Total voters

SwissKung

This years Söngvakeppni Sjónvarpsins was extremely poor with no obvious hits, just flat, boring and outdated entries that would not stand a chance in the competition. Ari is cute, great smile and likeable but ohmy that song is so boring. Sorry Europe for disappointing you. Maybe the eurovision gods will show us mercy and pull us up into the finals or the song writers of Our choice will put some power into the song ... we hope. We came second in 1999, 2009 so i am sure we will keep the trend and have a great entry next year.

But looking at the bright side this year there are lots of good songs in the competition. It's challenging to find a winner :)

Welcome to the forum!

Hopefully next year the selection will be better, I'm praying for you guys to send something alternative/indie or folk in Icelandic, that's what Europe wants from you :D

musicfan

This years Söngvakeppni Sjónvarpsins was extremely poor with no obvious hits, just flat, boring and outdated entries that would not stand a chance in the competition.

I just want something to like, whether something is thought fashionable by others or not I'm not bothered.

Iceland didn't have anything really better anyway.

I disagree with these opinions too. I thought Rakel Pálsdótir - Óskin min was a good effort and got ignored unjustly in favour of some weak songs.

Citelis

Everyone agrees that this one has no chances to qualify! At least there is no stress for this! :lol:

leelook

Oh, Iceland... If you're gonna send such an outdated song, at least give us a throwback to a time when Eurovision was fun like Moldova is doing this year! This reminds me of the awful 90s Eurovision, and this song would be hopeless even then. :1: very generous point solely for the cute and sympathetic singer who deserves something better than this bore.

Citelis

It's not that bad! It's outdated for sure and doesn't deserve qualification but people react like this the worst song ever. It's just an boring, outdated song!

mauve

Veteran
When I first heard it, I really didn't like the song at all. But by now, I think it's okay. There are actually worser songs this year than that. Iceland's song might be outdated, but he can sing and he looks like a very friendly guy. :p

dansige

Hey whats your top 10 for esc this year? I dint find any tops from iceland on youtube.... It'll be nice to know an icelander's opinion

Not seen many top10 lists from icelandic fans on youtube in general. Don't know why because we tend to like eurovision alot, even to much. My top 10 at the moment not in any particular order is Denmark, Estonia, Azerbaijan, Czech Republic, Armenia, Greece, Israel, Malta, Switzerland, Sweden.

dansige

I’m curious to know. If this song would be song in Icelandic, would your scores improve to perhaps make it to the final, improve only or stay the same?

mauve

Veteran
I’m curious to know. If this song would be song in Icelandic, would your scores improve to perhaps make it to the final, improve only or stay the same?

Actually this song isn't so bad as often said. At least it shouldn't be at the bottom. And this song sang in Icelandic does actually sound better than the English version. It would rise a few steps.

SwissKung

The Icelandic version just makes it that I'm not annoyed by the lyrics but the song is still very weak plus I'm not particularly fond of his voice.

Chorizo

It's official: Nobody cares. :lol:

Top Bottom