5 3.0%

5 3.0%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

StephenMuckle

I wonder if we will ever see a Canadian represent Ukraine. Apparently there are a ton of Canadians with Ukrainian roots. This is where I think they should have tried to go for Chris Jericho as one of the presenters at Eurovision (including in 2017) . He also has links to Ukraine. He would have been excellent as a presenter given how good he is on the microphone. Maybe one day Fozzy at Eurovision? Who knows. There are also many other famous faces from Canada with ties to Ukraine including Howie Mandel, the late Alex Trebek and several legendary Canadian ice hockey players

Last edited:

A-lister

Veteran
I wonder if we will ever see a Canadian represent Ukraine. Apparently there are a ton of Canadians with Ukrainian roots. This is where I think they should have tried to go for Chris Jericho as one of the presenters at Eurovision (including in 2017) . He also has links to Ukraine. He would have been excellent as a presenter given how good he is on the microphone. Maybe one day Fozzy at Eurovision? Who knows. There are also many other famous faces from Canada with ties to Ukraine including Howie Mandel, the late Alex Trebek and several legendary Canadian ice hockey players

Luckily Ukraine is no Greece/Cyprus and feel the need to rely on diaspora, and instead give chance to their local talents.

Also, I'm happy they stick with local songwriters/composers as well instead of shopping abroad for songs like many other countries do, so kudos to them.

More countries should learn from Ukraine, not the other way round.

Surely, if they really want English language entries and wannabe westernized songs, but hopefully the rather cold reception to their 2023 entry means we will get more local sounding products again.

AlekS

Veteran
Suspilne has just opened the song submissions until October 22.

The final is set for February.

Vidbir music producer (Pianoboy) and the broadcaster will form the longlist of 20 performers and shortlist them up to 10 finalists on auditions until November 20. The public will select one remaining finalist via online voting.

The public will select the last finalist until December 29.

The jurors will be chosen by the public in the state app Diia.

Last edited:

AlekS

Veteran
The rules say the broadcaster will select "up to" 10 finalists at auditions, but Vidbir producer confirmed that the broadcaster will select 10 finalists + 1 will be selected by the public. So officially there will be 11 finalists.

AlekS

Veteran
Most def, Jerry Heil will become a Junior Vidbir juror.
420 000 people have voted and she's 2nd behind a TV host/producer. Damn, she still can't win that public vote, lol.
Can't wait for eurofans' reactions if she will not select their fave, like Khrystyna Soloviy :lol:

Last edited:

MooseShoes

Melovin said he wants to come back and he's got a song for Vidbir 2024.

Sis, you will struggle to qualify for Vidbir final. After his dear friend Sowa flopped, as well as people with millions of views on YT, I'm not sure if he makes it into the shortlist at all. Good luck with that :lol: Even if Suspilne decides to bring him for scandals, the televoters will snub him this time.

ps. I've heard a big name is preparing a song too.
What I remember most about Melovin from 2018 is not his song, the nonsensical lyrics or even the burning fake piano; it's the fact that this photo of him...

...reminds me of this angry dog from the Shaun the Sheep Movie.

B-dXe3aIMAA8rIf

AlekS

Veteran
My annual wishlist:

This JESC legend will turn 17 next year:

Speaking of JESC alumni:

Considering Russia is bombing the South on a daily basis, it would be good to give a spotlight for Gagauz singer:

This one is becoming viral (OSTY on backing vocals):

AlekS

Veteran
MOLODI said they will not take part this year, but definitely in future editions.

Former participants. Krutь and Khayat said no. Olya Polyakova always uses ESC for promo, she will record a few songs for the new album in Sweden, produced by Alexander Bard (Army of Lovers, Vacuum). Jerry Heil said she will take part one more if she has a good song for this.

TARABAROVA produced 3 bangers for Junior Vidbir (live broadcast tomorrow). I want her at Vidbir.
Vidbir 2016:

Tucha wanted to submit Slayerka, but all songs shouldn't have been published previously. She said she will submit the new song. Probably another LGBTQ manifesto:

Last edited:

AlekS

Veteran
Nikita Lomakin wanted to submit a song. Always ready for homo vibes
7mhD8Ne.gif

Don't mind a bop like this:

Parfeniuk will take part. Imho, he will go for Wellboy teas with something like this:

and fail miserably, because of the song quality & piss-poor live vocals.

Last edited:

Marius

I found this song and i liked (for now,maybe i will stop liking later) but i don't know if it would fit well in eurovision

Last edited:

AlekS

Veteran

Kazhanna has just submitted a song for Vidbir. She's just been signed by Jerry Heil's own label.

Last edited:
Top Bottom