5 3.0%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

A-lister

Veteran
Her song would have absolutely destroyed the competition in 2022. Truly the only entry since 2017 that I think had a real shot at breaking Salvador's points record.

Alina? Yeah could have been...

Marcos C

It looks like Ukraine is in.

ESC 2024 article in Ukraine's Eurovision website (in Ukrainian)

Scroll all the way down to the last sentence in the article. The sentence, which was translated from Ukrainian via Google Translate, reads as follows:

"Suspilne, which is a member of the European Broadcasting Union, organizes and conducts the selection of a song and a representative from Ukraine, as well as ensures the participation of a representative of Ukraine in the Eurovision Song Contest 2024."

Last edited:

AlekS

Veteran
^ We've been in since April, unofficially)).

Suspilne is deciding the format of Vidbir. The semis, the venue, time frame etc.
Pianoboy said he won't be the music producer next year most def.

AlekS

Veteran
Melovin said he wants to come back and he's got a song for Vidbir 2024.

Sis, you will struggle to qualify for Vidbir final. After his dear friend Sowa flopped, as well as people with millions of views on YT, I'm not sure if he makes it into the shortlist at all. Good luck with that :lol: Even if Suspilne decides to bring him for scandals, the televoters will snub him this time.

ps. I've heard a big name is preparing a song too.

Last edited:

A-lister

Veteran
Melovin said he wants to come back and he's got a song for Vidbir 2024.

Sis, you will struggle to qualify for Vidbir final. After his dear friend Sowa flopped, as well as people with millions of views on YT, I'm not sure if he makes it into the shortlist at all. Good luck with that :lol: Even if Suspilne decides to bring him for scandals, the televoters will snub him this time.

ps. I've heard a big name is preparing a song too.

Melovin's Ukrainian material is somewhat decent at times, but his English language stuff is pure disaster. His new (English language) single is unlistenable for instance, it's that bad.

But doesn't he have a sea of tween/teen girls stans though? We see that their influence in Vidbir is quite significant (unfortunately).

Kam2

Speaking about flops, last year’s long list rejects I liked:
Tsyferblat
DAYTON
Tery
OOHLA
Mia Ramari
Serèen( imho biggest crime of 2023 auditions)
Royalkit
Hopefully some of them try again and manage to get to the final this year

Fluke

Jinjer would be awesome, but completely out of their current concept obviously:

AlekS

Veteran
They've made numerous Ukrophobic statements since the beginning of the war in 2014:

"Bullshit! You can't call it war"
"If you simplify it, basically it's a civil war"
(wtf! o_O)
They publicly mourned their friend who fought for Russians and murdered Ukrainians in Kramatorsk city :eek:
They slammed 2014 revolution and made false claims that nobody knows who started shooting people (despite numerous video evidence, ballistic examination, witnesses and arrested snipers).
All band members confessed their love for USSR. Despite bass player's grandpa was imprisoned in Soviet concentration camp for being a rich peasant o_O (he's lucky, my grandpa's family was shot for having twice bigger piece of land/garden than everyone else).
"Patriotism is absolute evil".
They toured Russia right before full scale invasion in 2022.
They called Ukrainian mentality degenerate.

In 2022, when supporting Russia could cost them concerts abroad, "suddenly" they changed their colors and became patriots xrofl

I found out about it a few weeks ago and I can confirm that the broadcaster and people in charge of Vidbir know all of this and have very distinct position about them.

Last edited:

AlekS

Veteran

I wouldn't mind The Unsleeping xbow Indie-rock / grunge would fit Vidbir's versatility well. But they won't agree)).

A-lister

Veteran
Speaking about flops, last year’s long list rejects I liked:
DAYTON
OOHLA

These two are better than what we ended up with and most of the songs in Vidbir'23 as well...

Kam2

Dmytro Shurov stayed as music producer for Vidbir. Shurov said that the public will additionally select one of the finalists as a wildcard.(will the reveal the long list entries this year?)

Last edited:

AlekS

Veteran
I love when people say they probably won't come back, but as soon as Suspilne asks them, they be like the first in line :) Can't blame him, ESC is a drug :devilish:
(will the reveal the long list entries this year?)
Logically, they should reveal all songs in the longlist.
And show all auditions. Because when the broadcaster selects entries basing on auditions and we rate studio versions, this is not it.

Last edited:

AlekS

Veteran
Julia Vitraniuk and Zgarda band liked a post that asked her husband Ihor Didenchuk to take part in ESC.
He has already won Eurovision as a part of Kalush Orchestra, and won personally for me as a part of Go_A.

He and Julia are a part of the folk band Zgarda.

Julia is a part of Authentix duo:

I want a mixture of Zgarda and Authentix xbowxfaint

Last edited:
Top Bottom