Super Moderator
Staff member
Ukraine 2024 | MARUV - ??

Jk. I bloody wish!!! I'm still not over 2019's shit show

A-lister

Veteran
Ukraine 2024 | MARUV - ??

Jk. I bloody wish!!! I'm still not over 2019's shit show

Considering she's pro ruZZia ain't gonna happen, she completely ruined whatever little credibility she had when trashing everything Ukraine and promoting ruZZia back then. Good riddance, her career is over.

With that said, yes she had a banger in 2019, but yeah if you'd ever see her back for Ukraine it means that Ukraine lost the war so... nope!

HarryUK

Super Moderator
Staff member
Considering she's pro ruZZia ain't gonna happen, she completely ruined whatever little credibility she had when trashing everything Ukraine and promoting ruZZia back then. Good riddance, her career is over.

With that said, yes she had a banger in 2019, but yeah if you'd ever see her back for Ukraine it means that Ukraine lost the war so... nope!
I've not seen anything to suggest she's pro-Putin since the war started

Mainshow

Veteran
I've not seen anything to suggest she's pro-Putin since the war started

She gave interviews to Kremlin's propaganda whilst being pregnant and recommended propaganda videos after the war.

However, she also asked RuZZian soldiers to "think" and that "military actions won't make people happier".

Honestly, I think she prefers money to her homeland and that's why she keeps remaining silent but I'm torn - she's not actively promoting fascism, imperialism and genocide like Sergey Lazarev, Polina G. or Eva Rivas but she's not really vocal about it, either... I can't understand Ukrainian/Russian.. so maybe her recommending that propaganda video was just "some bad luck"?

HarryUK

Super Moderator
Staff member
She gave interviews to Kremlin's propaganda whilst being pregnant and recommended propaganda videos after the war.

However, she also asked RuZZian soldiers to "think" and that "military actions won't make people happier".

Honestly, I think she prefers money to her homeland and that's why she keeps remaining silent but I'm torn - she's not actively promoting fascism, imperialism and genocide like Sergey Lazarev, Polina G. or Eva Rivas but she's not really vocal about it, either... I can't understand Ukrainian/Russian.. so maybe her recommending that propaganda video was just "some bad luck"?
I just think she doesn't like war and has family and friends on both sides and it's just a general god awful situation on the whole

Mainshow

Veteran
I just think she doesn't like war and has family and friends on both sides and it's just a general god awful situation on the whole

It's really a difficult situation when a country invades your home country and commits a genocide on your people. It's indeed just an awful situation and not easy to pick a side.

:ua: should focus on artists who will be proud of representing Ukraine.

HarryUK

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's really a difficult situation when a country invades your home country and commits a genocide on your people. It's indeed just an awful situation and not easy to pick a side.

:ua: should focus on artists who will be proud of representing Ukraine.
Totally misconstrued my point. War is shit for ordinary people on both sides, regardless of which one you refer to. Besides, some people live more private lives and don’t post everything about their views on social media. If anything, I recall seeing Instagram story posts from Maruv in support of Ukraine and civilians…

A-lister

Veteran
Totally misconstrued my point. War is shit for ordinary people on both sides, regardless of which one you refer to. Besides, some people live more private lives and don’t post everything about their views on social media. If anything, I recall seeing Instagram story posts from Maruv in support of Ukraine and civilians…

Maruv is not going to happen, she has either trashed Ukraine or been very ambiguous about it all which really shouldn't even be a choice (I mean if you can't pick side here it's clear where you stand, also I have not seen her express any support of Ukraine at all on her stories what so ever, quite the contrary her Insta is like nothing even happened there. My bet is she lives in her beloved ruZZia now).

Point is, she is never going to be picked, she killed her career in Ukraine due to being as she is so she will never be a pick for the country in Eurovision.

Last edited:

Fierro

Despite Siren Song being a hot banger I think we should now look for artists who are passionate about Eurovision and open with their audience. Maruv has a lot of other stuff in her life to do it seems and whatever she has chosen we should move on and give opportunity to some new talented artist or one of the acts who didn't get to ESC on their previous attempts.

A-lister

Veteran
Despite Siren Song being a hot banger I think we should now look for artists who are passionate about Eurovision and open with their audience. Maruv has a lot of other stuff in her life to do it seems and whatever she has chosen we should move on and give opportunity to some new talented artist or one of the acts who didn't get to ESC on their previous attempts.

Siren Song was a banger and lost opportunity indeed, but it's in the past now.

If anyone I think Alina Pash should have a second go, if they'd let her. Yes, she probably lied about going to Crimea illegally and fabricated documents (or someone from her team did), but we will never know for sure and I like to give her the benefit of the doubt. She clearly is passionated, she is a supporter of Ukraine and generally an interesting artist.

Last edited:

Fierro

If anyone I think Alina Pash should have a second go, if they'd let her. Yes, she probably lied about going to Crimea illegally and fabricated documents (or someone from her team did), but we will never know for sure and I like to give her the benefit of the doubt. She clearly is passionated, she is a supporter of Ukraine and generally an interested artist.
Alina Pash admitted like million times that she had lied.

A-lister

Veteran
Alina Pash admitted like million times that she had lied.

Oh really? I thought she never did lol , well I dunno if she's a persona non grata in terms of Vidbir then but I kinda hope she could get a second chance. If she actually admitted I think in the end it shows character, unlike Maruv that went on an anti-Ukrainian/pro-ruZZian tantrum and made herself out to be a victim when she never was.

Bmbriga

If she actually admitted I think in the end it shows character,
Alina Pash admitted on camera she went even before Vidbir. I would kinda understand to go and hope nobody would find out.
But if you know there's a video of you admitting it, I find it really rude.
Like making fools out of people trying to convince them they are not hearing what you're obviously saying on video.
Very disrespectful.

Fierro

Alina Pash admitted on camera she went even before Vidbir. I would kinda understand to go and hope nobody would find out.
But if you know there's a video of you admitting it, I find it really rude.
Like making fools out of people trying to convince them they are not hearing what you're obviously saying on video.
Very disrespectful.
And she still got us fans to believe back then (with all the evidence available) that she's innocent. Pure snake xheat

DanielLuis

If anyone I think Alina Pash should have a second go, if they'd let her. Yes, she probably lied about going to Crimea illegally and fabricated documents (or someone from her team did), but we will never know for sure and I like to give her the benefit of the doubt. She clearly is passionated, she is a supporter of Ukraine and generally an interesting artist.
Her song would have absolutely destroyed the competition in 2022. Truly the only entry since 2017 that I think had a real shot at breaking Salvador's points record.

A-lister

Veteran
And she still got us fans to believe back then (with all the evidence available) that she's innocent. Pure snake xheat

Well, apparently the evidence wasn't that available then because even people who speak fluently Ukrainian or/and Russian seemed to have no idea.

Anyways, all the drama and rumors aside, I still wouldn't mind her. But yeah, she probably won't be back for it.

Top Bottom