7 4.5%

5 3.2%

2 1.3%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

hpp0

It might be due to not listening to the whole song too often, but other than few parts in the chorus, I don't hear any noticeable changes. Yeah, it might have gotten slightly more underwhelming, but I think it will be fine during the live performance.

Magimixer

Hopefully she at least looks better on stage, you see pictures of her and she really isn't someone who needs loads of make-up at all. Maybe they need to glam her up for this kind of song, but if that's the case maybe it just isn't the kind of song that suits her?
I agree. I absolutely hate how they are styling her - it's so far from who she is.
Yes, the song is very different from what she usually does and writes herself, but still, it's a real shame they are making her up like this, because - as you say - she really doesn't need it.
And what makes her so likeable is that she's normally really natural - nothing like the cheap version they are presenting her as.

rasmuslights

Veteran
I agree. I absolutely hate how they are styling her - it's so far from who she is.
Yes, the song is very different from what she usually does and writes herself, but still, it's a real shame they are making her up like this, because - as you say - she really doesn't need it.
And what makes her so likeable is that she's normally really natural - nothing like the cheap version they are presenting her as.
tbh I really like the styling in the music video.

ESC94

Today it was time for :lu: at the ESC kompakt songchecks 2024.

The verdict fo the bloggers:

Benny - "Fighter" has a beautiful melody and I like the French verses. But someone seemingly has forgotten to tell Luxembourg that the competition evolved over the past thirty-one years cause the entry sounds as if it comes twenty years too late and is also a bit too tame and flatly produced. A pity!! :5:

Berenike - Fighter” has some good moments, especially the melody of the “J’avoue, j’avoue, je sais pas” post-chorus, the oriental touch and the sound of the French language. On the other hand, the melody of the chorus doesn't really convince me; it's not gripping enough. :5:

Douze Points - I really want to like the song, alone for Luxembourg being back after so many years. But especially the verses in French are too rushed and hectical for me. Strangely then these positive agressiveness is missing that Alessandra had last for for example. The lyrics - at least in the translation in front of me - don´t get me at all. But since the selection of songs like this is very small this year I still give :5:.

Flo - TALI has a great charisma, the song itself though doesn´t eally develop any drive, maybe because of the bulky beat. The performance still can get something out of it and reaching the final at the Luxembourgish comeback is within the realm of possibility. :6:

Manu - Great that Luxembourg is finally back at ESC again. Too bad that "Fighter" only manages to reach it somewhere into my muscially rather uninteresting midfield. TALI is doing quite an ok job and I also like the language mix and the "oomph" in the chorus. Beside that the song never really comes of the rails for me. :6:

Max - “Fighter” has been around for so long that it has faded a bit into the background. Nevertheless, I'm always happy when the song appears in my playlist, and I like this style, which you hear more often in France. For some it's certainly not exactly the great achievement that Luxembourg is presenting in its comeback. But I absolutely like the song, even if it wasn't my favorite in the preliminary round. :8:

Peter - I'm celebrating the return of Luxembourg and RTL has put together a mega preliminary selection for the "rebirth" - with a relatively average selection of songs. “Fighter” was actually the best of them, and I really like the French-language start and the song passages when things get rhythmic. With a good stagingwith dynamic choreo elements, Europe will receive “Fighter” very favorably.:8:

Rick - I still ike "Fighter" a lot. Despite the lyrics that are mainly in French the song sounds very international and catchy. You can also hear that outside of ESC saison very well and TALI thrilled me right from the start with her great charisma and dancing talent. Absolutely a cool and contemporary song to the great Luxembourg comeback that also hopefully gets a good staging. :10:

Sammy

Veteran
I like the new version and the changes that were so subtle that they instantly caught my ear. :lol:

Etanna

The NF had its flaws - especially the choice of the songs for the artists - but that can be improved in the following years. Seeing Tali perform in London made me realize how great it is that artists from another part of Europe are given the chance (again) to experience all this.

Magimixer

As long as RTL (which is not a public broadcaster btw) keeps the 'Eurovision team' they have now, I don't think things will get better when it comes to the NF unfortunately. Have also heard that Luxembourgish delegation is arrogant and highly unpopular with the press already (and treating their singer really badly :( ). I just hope Tali will be alright and that she has some other kind of support system. She should be able to enjoy this experience… We all should here in Luxembourg, but RTL really hasn't done what they should to get the population on board.

crashworld

Veteran
Do you think this Luxembourg's return could be just a one-off? I hope not, but I wouldn't be surprised if it is though.

SpiritofKeiino

As long as RTL (which is not a public broadcaster btw) keeps the 'Eurovision team' they have now, I don't think things will get better when it comes to the NF unfortunately. Have also heard that Luxembourgish delegation is arrogant and highly unpopular with the press already (and treating their singer really badly :( ). I just hope Tali will be alright and that she has some other kind of support system. She should be able to enjoy this experience… We all should here in Luxembourg, but RTL really hasn't done what they should to get the population on board.
What do you mean when you say the population is not on board? Why not? Is it because of low song quality in the NF or something else?

MojVoda

Do you think this Luxembourg's return could be just a one-off? I hope not, but I wouldn't be surprised if it is though.
This is permanent. Luxembourg is here to stay. They won't be as classic Luxembourg used to be however.

Magimixer

What do you mean when you say the population is not on board? Why not? Is it because of low song quality in the NF or something else?
When I say the population isn't on board I mean nothing is done to get them remotely interested in it. Tali's song isn't played on any of our radios (a part from RTL, occasionally - and RTL is not the most popular radio), Luxembourg's Arts Council (very active in general, including on social media) doesn't talk about Eurovision or Tali, and when a rare article in published in the media, comments are negative about ESC and about the way RTL didn't live up to what they promised and favoured "international" composers, producers, etc. instead of Luxembourgish ones.

Magimixer

This is permanent. Luxembourg is here to stay. They won't be as classic Luxembourg used to be however.
I hope so, but we've changed governments very recently and I'm not sure they'll be willing to hand out one million euros to RTL (again, a non-public broadcaster) every year if they carry on like this. Actually, I hope they won't.

jatojo

Just to name an example of how uneven the two semis are: Luxembourg is currently 5th in the odds for semi-final 1, while Denmark is 11th in the odds for semi-final 2. But in the overall ranking, Denmark is six places OVER Luxembourg. It's quite remarkable.

(I don't know if we have a mathematician in this forum, but it's hardly within the borders of likelihood, is it ...? (Given that the overall ranking corresponds to a popularity contest, and the odds in the semis represent the actual results.))

HayashiM

Veteran
Just to name an example of how uneven the two semis are: Luxembourg is currently 5th in the odds for semi-final 1, while Denmark is 11th in the odds for semi-final 2. But in the overall ranking, Denmark is six places OVER Luxembourg. It's quite remarkable.

(I don't know if we have a mathematician in this forum, but it's hardly within the borders of likelihood, is it ...? (Given that the overall ranking corresponds to a popularity contest, and the odds in the semis represent the actual results.))
One's position in the odds to win is not very informative for lower positions, because we are talking very small numbers. Denmark and Luxembourg both have very similar odds across the markets (lower than 0.5%) and the only relevant information you can take from those is "neither is going to win". Establishing order for near impossible events and then drawing conclusions from the order of those probabilities doesn't make much sense in this case.

The odds for semifinals are for qualification, which is a lot more significant, because the probabilities are much higher. Even countries that are last in these odds have a fair chance (>10%). To put things into perspective, every single country has a higher probability of qualifying than Croatia (current n°2) has of winning. So here, comparisons make more sense.

Overall, it's a nice coincidence, but not with much meaning. It would be more telling if we had most of odds favourites in one semi.

jatojo

One's position in the odds to win is not very informative for lower positions, because we are talking very small numbers. Denmark and Luxembourg both have very similar odds across the markets (lower than 0.5%) and the only relevant information you can take from those is "neither is going to win". Establishing order for near impossible events and then drawing conclusions from the order of those probabilities doesn't make much sense in this case.

The odds for semifinals are for qualification, which is a lot more significant, because the probabilities are much higher. Even countries that are last in these odds have a fair chance (>10%). To put things into perspective, every single country has a higher probability of qualifying than Croatia (current n°2) has of winning. So here, comparisons make more sense.

Overall, it's a nice coincidence, but not with much meaning. It would be more telling if we had most of odds favourites in one semi.
Thanks.

The odds are still the best "poll" we've got when it comes to accuracy. It is fine-tuned because it is a list that is several months old and focuses on a relatively simple performance (unlike sports where you have injuries etc to take into account). So even tiny percentages have a reason, and as we can see in recent years, the end results are relatively close to what was predicted (unlike fan polls).

In any case, we don't need the bookmakers to tell us that semi-final 1 is the weakest - it's quite evident. :)

Top Bottom