8 4.8%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Ezio

Veteran
The problem with this song is that goes into one ear and goes out the other without leaving an impression. It’s just there. It doesn’t grab the attention. Very much a filler. And I hate “lullaby” as a lyric.

PlasticToad

I'm convinced this reminds me of a song I've heard before and I've been scratching my head trying to figure out what all season. Well, whatever it is, it's something I like. The staging is pretty good considering they probably didn't have much to work with. They seem earnest and I do appreciate that Latvia keeps trying despite their recent lack of success. :7: for now, I wouldn't be shocked if it ended up growing on me.

Fluke

Starts promising with the odd meter and sort-of-good vocals, but it just fails to grab me and i can't find a song in the mess of rhythm changes. It's kind of like a mediocre Radiohead song, which is all of them.

VirginiaVision

On second listen, I still think this song has massive potential, but see that it's biggest weakness is its transitions. These are the main spots that I think need tweaking (timestamps correspond to nf performance https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQkKJNLuO_Y):
1. Intro/first verse -> first chorus 0:41
2. [Second] verse -> second chorus 1:18
3. Bridge -> outro 2:22

I really don't think it needs that much help. They just need to make the beatpad not completely disappear after being so prominent, somehow make the second verse feel less truncated, and have a bigger buildup in the bridge to contrast it with the outro. That's my opinion, anyway :)

Iker

Veteran
This song has a unique vibe that I always appreciate in music. The sound/arrangements remind me slightly a certain band called Dredg which I like a lot. It's not as strong as their music especially from album Catch Without Arms but it is something refreshing in Eurovision context.

I had a different fave in Latvian NF (Hush by Patrisha) but that's an interesting choice as well.

Last edited:

Zeus

The middle part is kinda cool and gives a unique vibe to the contest. The start and end of the song are rather bland and forced imo. Would have liked this with a different singer as well, a bit more mature and with a slightly lower tone.

Still solid for ESC-standards tho.

Luneaux

From the very first listen, I really like this song! It's not the greatest, the most original song ever; but for my ears, this is very pleasant to listen. Hopefully they will qualify to final! :love:

Last edited:
Latvia, this is some electro-rock. Great music! Love it!

But what's the deal with cheesy lyrics? Wanted to stay as inoffensive as possible, right? Naaah.

An 8.

Iker

Veteran
This song has a unique vibe that I always appreciate in music. The sound/arrangements remind me slightly a certain band called Dredg which I like a lot. It's not as strong as their music especially from album Catch Without Arms but it is something refreshing in Eurovision context.

I had a different fave in Latvian NF (Hush by Patrisha) but that's an interesting choice as well.

Especially this song reminds me of Aija. Arrangements, something when it comes to vocal style. This record is from 2005.

Starts promising with the odd meter and sort-of-good vocals, but it just fails to grab me and i can't find a song in the mess of rhythm changes. It's kind of like a mediocre Radiohead song, which is all of them.

Please, without salty jokes directed at "intellectual Europe" 🤣

midnightsun

Veteran
Especially this song reminds me of Aija. Arrangements, something when it comes to vocal style. This record is from 2005.

Great song!

Sudden Lights made the impossible possible. The first time ever in Eurovision a Latvian song gets 12 points from me. And not only this, it’s my no. 1 right now!

I‘ve always been into that kind of indie music. A very daring choice, especially for Eurovision, but I‘m glad they went that way. Not too sure about their qualification, but I‘m crossing my fingers. I haven’t figured out yet in which semi Germany‘s gonna vote this year but given we‘re in the same semi as Latvia be sure I‘m gonna leave them some votes.

Rocket man

Ok, now that I know the meaning of the song, or I hope I do, this song is more beautiful. Basically it's meant to be a lullaby, to help calm the people of Latvia that were afraid in the early days of when russia invaded Ukraine.

Top Bottom