8 4.8%

8 4.8%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Remembrance

Hmm... it starts well off, but gets a bit messy.
I do appreciate the quieter ending in Latvian, but I think this will struggle to qualify.

We're getting a few bands for Liverpool... not surprising, really.

Good luck, Latvia.

akoz

:6: from me. Changed from :5: after 2 more listennings. I don't think we would have one more "mashup" song like from Czechia but here we are. Clearly they try to blend very different styles and in my eyes it doesn't work too good. But I like chorus a lot. Potential grower. Good luck :lv:

Geborgenheit

You'd never expect entries from Spain and Latvia to be so parallel in titular theme- not to mention that Latvia's runner-up was also in the same boat!

You are right, both are supposedly lullabies from Spain and Latvia. But everything else is totally different.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
I think I actually like this. It gets better and better. Nice bit of woozy guitar going on and generally the vibe leans in my direction quite nicely. My one real criticism would be the lyrics which feel overly simplistic (not always a problem but here they stick out). I'll need more listens to decide how good it is but I'm feeling like the song has the potential to grow, especially in a year when I pretty much have nothing so far, and the forecast looks bleak.

:7: points for now.

CPV4931

My favorite and the only song I really loved here came second last o0
The winning song is ok, but won´t be one of my favorites in the end I think... and can see Latvia failing to qualify again

EscGeek

Veteran
Meh.. to me it's forgettable.
I always knew it's a contender to win, but i had to rewatch the recap on youtube every time just to remind myself of the song.
I was like "oh yeah, that one: "say the right words at the right time" song):lol:

Rocket man

"Sudden Lights" is Latvia's best chance of qualifying in a long time, if Latvia make the final, I think the juries could really like this. I love how this song just builds and builds and then that lovely acoustic at the end. I wish this song was longer than 3 minutes, (I know, I know, Eurovision rules).

aef

Seriously, if EBU and BBC give :lv: the death slot in the running order!!! Oo
Why should they? They could even use :lv: as an opener

Mainshow

Veteran
Why should they? They could even use :lv: as an opener

I think that the EBU tends to give "Eastern European" countries the #2 slot

2022: :lv: :il: and :ro:
2021: :sl: :ee: and :al:
2020: :by: and :ee: (no running order for the final)
2019: :me: :al:

In the last 4 years, :ie: was the only Western European country which got #2 in the running order (2nd semi final 2019).

Top Bottom