Che qui mi manca l’aria

Ma sono fuori di testa, ma diverso da loro
E tu sei fuori di testa, ma diversa da loro
Siamo fuori di testa, ma diversi da loro
Siamo fuori di testa, ma diversi da loro

Noi siamo diversi da loro​

Last edited by a moderator:

nudiecrudi

Wasn't the press super high on Alberto Urso's song last year? We all know how that turned so I wouldn't be to overly worried if the press aren't fond of a song at first.
Nope. Occasionally I looked the last year s votes. Alberto was around 5

Mrm

Veteran
:love:xbowxheat:love:xbow:love: Absolutely amazing song! I hope that "Ziiti e buoni" will be close to this!!! I am so much looking forward to the song!
I love it's biggest hit as well:

xbow xheat

Mrm

Veteran
Yes, dear @mauve, it seems they received fantastic response unlike duo Francesca & Fedez! :eek: But that is only the press...

are you sure? it does not seem to me that Italian journalists worry about the costs of organizing Eurovision in Italy.
We Italians have paid for years without ever participating from 1998 until 2011, if someone confirms me I believe that Rai is the second or third contributor to the EBU and the Eurovision production, can you confirm it for me? thank you
From what I know, journalists repeatedly say that in a mocking manner. My previous post is just agreeing with them in the context of being silly. However, you are indeed right that Rai is the largest contributor behind BBC and the German broadcasters (even EBU confirmed that the contest stays afloat solely due to Germany's contribution). It's just that the Italians didn't really care about the contest itself, even when they competed in the past. That's strangely enough, a HUGE advantage for Italy. For countries in which Eurovision is essential for the mainstream press, selecting entries is very risky.

In the UK for instance the contest is well known as a cringy reality show, and big artists can potentially kill their own careers if they take part. Sweden sees Eurovision as a major prestige to show its cultural prowess to the outside world. That's why the Swedish entries are safe and cookie-cutter for an almost guarantee top 5 placement even if that has no actual long term relevance. The Italian media have no expectations of the contest and that allows the most famous Italian artists to compete without risk. The average arist would see the participation just as a concert. San Remo is the breeding ground for creativity in the Italian music scene, all it takes for Rai is to ask the winner kindly if he/she wants to be Italy's representative for Eurovision.

A-lister

Veteran
From what I know, journalists repeatedly say that in a mocking manner. My previous post is just agreeing with them in the context of being silly. However, you are indeed right that Rai is the largest contributor behind BBC and the German broadcasters (even EBU confirmed that the contest stays afloat solely due to Germany's contribution). It's just that the Italians didn't really care about the contest itself, even when they competed in the past. That's strangely enough, a HUGE advantage for Italy. For countries in which Eurovision is essential for the mainstream press, selecting entries is very risky.

In the UK for instance the contest is well known as a cringy reality show, and big artists can potentially kill their own careers if they take part. Sweden sees Eurovision as a major prestige to show its cultural prowess to the outside world. That's why the Swedish entries are safe and cookie-cutter for an almost guarantee top 5 placement even if that has no actual long term relevance. The Italian media have no expectations of the contest and that allows the most famous Italian artists to compete without risk. The average arist would see the participation just as a concert. San Remo is the breeding ground for creativity in the Italian music scene, all it takes for Rai is to ask the winner kindly if he/she wants to be Italy's representative for Eurovision.

Well said, and it's actually pretty interesting how Eurovision can be considered a "career-killer" in the other "Big"-countries, but in Italy where it seems the general public don't care much about Eurovision, for some reason it isn't and it's kinda paradoxical in a sense because in some other countries where the general public also don't care much for Eurovision, going there is looked down upon similar as in these other "Big"-countries.

It's also interesting that Melodifestivalen in Sweden is, just like Sanremo in Italy, bigger than the actual Eurovision but we still treat Eurovision as a big deal as well so whoever ends up going there is taking a risk, while oddly it can be better for your career to just manage a top. 10 in MF and actually not winning and having the pressure performing well in Eurovision as well on your shoulders.

elanyvx

nudiecrudi

The Rai broadcaster between Sanremo 2021 and the deadlines for the Eurovision 2021 live-on-tape
6th March the final of Sanremo 2021, and 26th March deadline for the live on tape.

Everything will be done in time. I'm sure that all the music labels would be glad sponsoring their artists considering the situation.

elanyvx

Everything will be done in time. I'm sure that all the music labels would be glad sponsoring their artists considering the situation.

Everything will be done in time, of course! It depends if the quality will be good or how the various staging had for Italy.

hunty73

The 26 covers chosen by the singers for the third night of the Festival, some with guest artists, others alone.

Francesca will be perfect for Del Verde ,but its a really risky medley they have there,its not exactly televote bait Le Cose.

Malika doing Insieme a te non ci sto piu :love: well you might as well kill me right now.Paulo Conte always said Caterina got the song because nobody else could do it justice.Until now that is because Malika will lift the Ariston roof with it 100% certain.

Annalisa performing one of Ornella Vanoni's greatest moments,her Sanremo 67 classic is perfect for Nali.Her vocals will lift La musica into orbit,,,,BUT The Music is Over,,? i just hope Annalisa doesnt mean it.

sucof

Rai press office official photo.
Click on the photo if you want to enlarge it.

EuwSdRqXMAY07ZP

“Amadeus says that this will not be his second Festival, but the first towards another future. And it will be the same for the scenography, for which we imagined a spaceship and a sort of stargate, towards a better future to aspire to ". Word of Gaetano and Maria Chiara Castelli, who signed the scenography of the 71st Sanremo Festival, designing a space as never seen inside the Ariston, a sort of "envelope" that envelops and fills the voids of the theater: " We have tried - they continue - to exploit the spaces as much as possible, also due to the need, for example, to space the orchestra. And at the same time to compensate for the sense of emptiness, also using the side walls up to the gallery, creating an 'envelope' that with its spaceship shape increases the depth. In reality, the length of the scene is the same as last year, but now the orchestra is very advanced and for this reason we have tried to work on the perspective, with two central vanishing points and with a scenography that progressively reducing in width and in height creates an important perspective effect, which gives depth to everything. And to this we add that even the ceiling becomes a scenographic element, among lights, screens and video-luminous materials that are integrated part of the scene ”.

A work done in close contact with the director Stefano Vicario and the director of photography Mario Catapano who, this year, will also be able to count on an external scenography: "A work started for many months - conclude Gaetano and Maria Chiara Castelli - with them and with a team of exceptional professionals with whom, for the first time, we have also 'left' the Ariston in a new scenographic space where there will be a camera that, from above, will be able to cross the threshold of the theater ”.

Last edited:
Top Bottom