53 23.1%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

HarryUK

Super Moderator
Staff member
Do Irish people watch Eurovision and all these unique and different acts doing really well and think acts like Next In Line are similar

aef

This show doesn’t have enough SCHNELLDURCHLAUF tbh. You guys can still learn something from :de: NF.

Mainshow

Veteran
No, it doesn't last ten hours.

Yeah but the Late Late Show exists because of Eurovision and the songs are submitted to RTÉ to be heard at Eurovision whilst Eurovision is just an "afterthought" after winning Sanremo.

And regarding quality and impact on their local music markets, these two shows are million miles apart.

Decayingbooks

Well, it's not ONLY about Eurovision, is it? Okay, some Eurovision fans might think so in 2024, but it's fair to view a national song contest as more than that, I think. Like in Italy for instance.
In Portugal the nf has become a good way for artists to promote their work, especially new artists that don't have other shows on tv to be seen by the public.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
1. Bambie Thug - Doomsday Blue (8/10)
2. Erica-Cody - Love Me like I Do (7/10)
3. Ailsha - Go Tobann (6/10)
4. Isabella Kearney - Let Me Be the Fire (5/10) extra point for the hopping
5. JyellowL - Judas (4/10)
6. Next in Line - Love like Us (1/10)

Easy choice here. Bambie Thug showed they can do this confidently and comfortably. Their song itself for me was already the most well done in its studio version but now we also know Bambie Thug is incredibly charismatic as a performer. They know exactly the direction to take the song in. This will work at Eurovision. Erica-Cody was my second fave of the night but I think she's the wrong choice. She's decent but I doubt the song is gonna be enough to get Ireland back into the final. Go Tobann after all the hype was a let down. Doomsday Blue eats it for breakfast. I appreciate Ailsha's presence in the selection though. The rest are all a big no for obvious reasons.

I came into tonight expecting Erica-Cody or the boyband to win, but after the shocking honesty from panel, I actually think... just maybe.. we'll get Doomsday Blue xheat

aef

As far as I remember, you haven't liked a Danish entry for ages.
Ben and Tan (correct name?) was actually lowkey enjoyable. I don’t remember the last :dk: entry I really enjoyed though.

mauve

Veteran
All the poppy songs will be forgotten. So Ireland should at least send B. Thug. It is weird and won*t be forgotten. No matter if they make it to the Final or not.

Top Bottom