7 4.0%

10 5.7%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

HayashiM

Veteran
Me too,i'm happy to have a song early like this because i want to get the eurovision songs as soon as i can,but i hope this doesn't mean the song was chosen without thinking. Because in the wikipedia before slimane was announced,there wasn't a date for when france would select their artist or song,and i frequently look to wikipedia to know about eurovision,the only countries that also doesn't have dates according to wikipedia are: azerbaijan,czechia,georgia,ireland,israel,moldova,poland,serbia,switzerland and united kingdom,does this means their songs can come out this year too?
To answer your question - out of these countries, Azerbaijan, Switzerland and the UK are countries that are lately usually going with an internal selection, however they (and probably most of internally selected acts) usually leave the song reveal for quite late (end of February / even mid March in some cases).

The other countries usually have a NF / send their x factor winner. I wouldn't expect any song from these in the next month either.

BorisBubbles

Veteran
fingers crossed it's good. I would be nice for the season to start on a high note :-)

Grinch

I discovered Slimane thanks to this WV entry:

Usually French music is not really my thing but that song was good.

-----

His solo song Viens on s'aime also good. Something like that would be promising.

I would prefer him with Vitaa but still I'm hopeful (although song title made me throw up in my mouth a little but let's ignore that)
He's Algerian so maybe some eastern music in the song? xpray

Leydan

Super Moderator
Staff member
Okk, well I've listened to it a couple of times. It's pretty good tbh, certainly a strong start to the Eurovision season but i'm not hyped by it at all.

goncalovieira

Really good one! Jury bait here. Handsome guy, good vocals, nice classic ballad.

• Fuego
Reactions: MS.

elanyvx

the song is very beautiful, I prefer the second part. But the lights, the shots, the type of song, the artist's attitude are very similar to Barbara Pravi. A dramatic song/ballad, the live performance will be very important but I think Slimane is up to everything.

MS.

I was so surprised by this early announce and so happy cause Slimane is probably my favorite french artist. I follow him since the voice france. I always wanted him to represent France at Eurovision.
I was so nervous before i listened to the song but Slimane just never disappoints me.
The emotion he puts in every word...
I really already love the song
And the way it builds, i see some similarities with Tatoo.
It is certainly an amazing start for Eurovision 2024. Even better than everything i hoped for.

Luki

It's solid, but that's all. Giving it 6 pts atm. I am sure this will look great on ESC stage.

Looren

Veteran
The voice

The lyrics

The emotion

The song

Am in pieces

:12:

My fave French entry since I started following the contest, Tom Leeb and Amaury Vassily found in a ditch

BorisBubbles

Veteran
Screamy generic love ballad in the san remo style. Not a fan.

:5: points. There IS a chance it grows on me but outlook isn't good.

Top Bottom