Contact us

EUROVISION 2021 - General Discussion Thread

escYOUnited

Administrator
Please post any and all discussions regarding the contest itself, host country and city, organisation, rumours and other topics not related to any specific country's selection process.

A-lister

Veteran
lowkey thought the channel avatar was the flag of Saudi Arabia for a moment.

Me too :lol:

Saudi Arabia sponsoring Eurovision though, what a parallel universe that'd be, I mean it turned slightly more progressive with the current crown prince and as a result of the Trump administration's foreign policies, but they are still killing gay people so long way to go :poop:

AlekS

Veteran
As for recent Lady Gaga rumours:

5T8MFOk.jpg

harey

Here are the results of my small family and friends contest (14 voters - age: 13 to 59) :

Iceland, 81 points
France, 71 points
Russia, 58 points (won ties)
Lithuania, 58 points
Finland, 57 points
Germany, 55 poits
Ukraine, 44 points (won ties)
Sweden, 44 points
Portugal, 42 points
Italy, 36 points

Last year the winner was Iceland with 102 points on 13 voters, so it was really a close race this year.

12 points this year go to : Iceland (1x), France(1x), Russia (3x), Finland (3x), Germany (1x), Ukraine (1x), Portugal (1x), The Netherlands (1x), Czech republic(1x) and Cyprus (1x).

If you are interested, here are last year's full results (spreadsheets on last page) : https://lapileeclectique.wordpress.com/2020/04/01/on-a-fait-leurovision-2020/ (if links are not allowed let me know, I will remove it).

And ofc I don't say that it means anything about real results but it's fun to organize!

Last edited:

Lance Esgard

Just wondering, now that we know Australia isn't going to Rotterdam, why are they still on the Rehearsal Schedule? If they're just using the already recorded live-on-tape, what would they be rehearsing for? Anyone have any ideas?

mauve

Veteran
Just wondering, now that we know Australia isn't going to Rotterdam, why are they still on the Rehearsal Schedule? If they're just using the already recorded live-on-tape, what would they be rehearsing for? Anyone have any ideas?
Maybe they did that schedule before they knew that Australia won't be in Rotterdam. I think there will be no rehearsal for Australia now. :(

Jopi

I'm pretty sure they mean that it's a "rehearsal" for the runners/producers of the show to make sure the transition from filming live to playing the video works
Sanremo did that with Irama without rehearsing, I think...

Romeo

off topic but does anyone have the link to the Free European Song Contest 2020 full contest?

guusbok

Hi friends!

It's been I while since i first posted on this forum. Since that moment, we've been on quite a ride. It's so cool to see everything coming together for Eurovision in Rotterdam. Also, today, The Host City as well as Ahoy, Rotterdam Festivals and me released the music video of Open Up!

In this music video, you will see Eurovision fans from (almost) all participating coutries performing in front of the camera on the Erasmusbridge. It was a lot of work to organize, but much fun to do. We hope you will enjoy this video today! :)

Have good times untill Eurovision!

midnightsun

Veteran
This is so amazing! I love to see we in Europe are one, at least for some seconds, minutes or hours, connected by music, connected by hearts! Great job! So much looking forward to the contest.

mauve

Veteran
Hi friends!

It's been I while since i first posted on this forum. Since that moment, we've been on quite a ride. It's so cool to see everything coming together for Eurovision in Rotterdam. Also, today, The Host City as well as Ahoy, Rotterdam Festivals and me released the music video of Open Up!

In this music video, you will see Eurovision fans from (almost) all participating coutries performing in front of the camera on the Erasmusbridge. It was a lot of work to organize, but much fun to do. We hope you will enjoy this video today! :)

Have good times untill Eurovision!
The idea with the flags and all the different people of the countries connecting together is great! :) You seemed to have had fun as well! xheart

guusbok

This is so amazing! I love to see we in Europe are one, at least for some seconds, minutes or hours, connected by music, connected by hearts! Great job! So much looking forward to the contest.
Hi MidnightSun,

This message I will save in my heart. Bringing together the people from all countries and showing the unity amongst them was exactly the purpose of this video.

And Mauve, indeed it was fun to do! Thank you too!

Looking forward for Eurovision!

ag89

So, they let her perform in front of thousands of people in Australia on that stadium, but cannot let her perform in a semi-empty arena where people involved in the project are getting tested on a daily basis?

heke1988

So, they let her perform in front of thousands of people in Australia on that stadium, but cannot let her perform in a semi-empty arena where people involved in the project are getting tested on a daily basis?

At this moment Corona situation is lot better in Australia than it is in the Netherlands, so in my opinion they don't wanna take any risks, that Corona situation will go worse the country of their own. Also Australia is very usually keeping its nation safe with foreign diseases, which can hurt their local species.

Zeus

Might be no public at all in Ahoy if the number of Intensive Care-patients is above 900 in May. They think that will be the case based on some models.

Top Bottom