Contact us

ESC United - Rehearsal and Live Show discussion megathread

Sean

Admin
Staff member
It's time for the rehearsals to finally get underway for Eurovision 2024 at Malmö Arena! 37 countries will begin their preparations for this year's contest today, with over two weeks of coverage to come from the ESC United team on the ground!

The schedule for rehearsals is below (thank you Eurovisionworld! All times in CEST);

You can check out Matt's pre-rehearsal live stream below in case you missed it;

DAY ONE

The team will be on hand to cover everything going on in Malmö over the coming weeks, so make sure to follow ESC United on Facebook, Twitter (X), Instagram, and YouTube and Twitch to not miss a minute!

Please also use this thread for any rehearsal coverage and discussion, including for jury shows, dress rehearsals and the live shows!​

Attachments

• 1714181273244.png
    1714181273244.png
    84.7 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

Ajeje Brazorf

Is someone getting fired in RAI right now...

Absolutely not. They actually followed the Italian law for once, which, for clarity, implies the results of a public voting should never be hidden.

Sanremo various times had this kind of problems, expecially in the '80s and '90s, when there were investigations about the voting system. They avoided the problem in Sanremo by cutting the elimination system, so they can give provisional rankings even in the evenings before the fifth without sharing the percentages. Probably RAI had the same problems with Eurovision, and were solicited to share the percentages by the authorities.

Last edited:

Storm

Absolutely not. They actually followed the Italian law for once, which, for clarity, implies the results of a public voting should never be hidden.

It might be Italian law but I'm pretty sure there must be some EBU Eurovision contract disallowing that. So the least you'd expect is some sort of fine for RAI? If it's legit of course.

GermanBango

Pardon me if this is a dumb question, but I ask it anyway: Even if these "leaked" televote results are legit, why would the results from one single country indicate who has good chances to win the whole contest?
It's not just a regular lead. It's a lead of more than 30 percent. In a country that is not known for heavily voting for Israel. Not even Ukraine pulled that off in 2022.

SpiritofKeiino

Scenario: Israel wins. EBU refuses to let the contest be held in Israel for security reasons. EBU issues an ultimatum that Israel must co-host on Big 5 soil, and Israel agrees. Contest is held in France or Germany and we lose circa 10 participating countries (although not as many as we would if contest held in Israel)

Looren

Veteran
Pardon me if this is a dumb question, but I ask it anyway: Even if these "leaked" televote results are legit, why would the results from one single country indicate who has good chances to win the whole contest?

It's because of how high the score is and the context

Uto

Veteran
I think real results would be way different as a data scientist. Especially 2nd to 6th place so close is bull shit. This was made to shock.
Well spotted. You convinced me.

soulm8

Cause it shows something is going on. All I read around is how the Italian people are shocked and ashamed of those “ real tele results”.

nudiecrudi

I'd like to ask: as I'm an outsider, is Italy really that pro-Israeli to begin with?

Italy has one of the most ancient Jewish community in Europe.
And Rome has one of the biggest and oldest synagogue that wasn't destroyed during the Ww2.
In this period the Jewish communities are united allover the world guys and one of the ways to express solidarity is voting.
The votes Rai showed are real and many of you think that in Italy nobody cares about ESC. I would say around 2 million are enough I think.
Remember last year Israel won RO 12 point, this year will do too

soulm8

Italy has one of the most ancient Jewish community in Europe.
And Rome has one of the biggest and oldest synagogue that wasn't destroyed during the Ww2.
In this period the Jewish communities are united allover the world guys and one of the ways to express solidarity is voting.
The votes Rai showed are real and many of you think that in Italy nobody cares about ESC. I would say around 2 million are enough I think.
Remember last year Israel won RO 12 point, this year will do too
They wanna prove how whole Europe is supporting them, when everyone who votes for them is Jewish living in a different country. Fair point….

Zeus

Want to avoid :il: winning?

Your solution:

4103848_12_articleinlinemobile_Bambi_20Thug_20eurovision_20020.jpg

Wynnter

Also whats up with these constant song changes for the live performances because San Marino definitely changed things and I think Malta as well... and I feel like a few others as well or am I just making things up at 2 am sheesh

Summersun

I'm thinking...the way many of the eurovision fans are either boycotting the show this year or donating their voting budget to charities supporting the war victims...this situation might be our own doing.

If all the protesters opt to not vote, all that's left are those who might end up voting for Israel. They might genuinely like the song, or do it to show support, but those voted add up. I'd also say, even without any bigger controversies in the background, Israel's song this year is very traditionally Eurovision, and probably gets votes from the older crowd who like easy ballads instead of, say, Ireland's song. The reality of any voting is that boycotting the voting is the worst kind of protest, because it only increases the chances of the unwanted candidate to succeed. We never see how many individual votes the songs get, but if the numbers are significantly smaller than previously, it is because the boycott worked. The only way to stop Israel from winning is to recruit everyone who still loves eurovision to vote someone else. And that just sucks.

Top Bottom