Contact us

ESC United - Rehearsal and Live Show discussion megathread

Sean

Admin
Staff member
It's time for the rehearsals to finally get underway for Eurovision 2024 at Malmö Arena! 37 countries will begin their preparations for this year's contest today, with over two weeks of coverage to come from the ESC United team on the ground!

The schedule for rehearsals is below (thank you Eurovisionworld! All times in CEST);

You can check out Matt's pre-rehearsal live stream below in case you missed it;

DAY ONE

The team will be on hand to cover everything going on in Malmö over the coming weeks, so make sure to follow ESC United on Facebook, Twitter (X), Instagram, and YouTube and Twitch to not miss a minute!

Please also use this thread for any rehearsal coverage and discussion, including for jury shows, dress rehearsals and the live shows!​

Attachments

• 1714181273244.png
    1714181273244.png
    84.7 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

Realest

The Televote makes perfectly sense.
Albania "only" 3rd because of the bad Entry.
And there was no Romania, Moldova, Ukraine to vote for.

Loindici

Veteran

Skrzeczk

Maybe. More possibly: Israel won the semi by a landslide margine. This Is what I'm thinking.
We'll see whether those results match after the Grand Final. In this crazy world everything is possible... If that's true, then it's gonna be a disaster.

Lopitas

I am fan of this contest since 2010 and I think it is possible to manipulate it.
For exemple, if odds are good, position on the running order will be as good as possible, because it is the way producers do their choice since years now.
To be clear, I think this Italian televote leak might be an odds manipulation. If so, the best we can do is to ignore it.

SpiritofKeiino

I won't bother with the contest next year if it's in Israel. I'm sure many fans will feel the same. We would also lose countries. The contest just wouldn't be the same, it would have a sour undercurrent going through it. I couldn't relax and enjoy a contest there knowing what's going on in Gaza

Himan

I think real results would be way different as a data scientist. Especially 2nd to 6th place so close is bull shit. This was made to shock.

Storm

I won't bother with the contest next year if it's in Israel. I'm sure many fans will feel the same. We would also lose countries. The contest just wouldn't be the same, it would have a sour undercurrent going through it. I couldn't relax and enjoy a contest there knowing what's going on in Gaza

I mean it surely wouldn't be in Israel for security reasons but you're right I can't see the contest surviving.

I'm not sure I'm fully buying the numbers (40% is A LOT) but Israel getting plenty of televote points and the juries liking it is surely possible and a realistic scenario. I'm not sure it's fabricated (why would it though?) but many people have been sleeping on this potential outcome...

Loindici

Veteran
Not to forget: This year we almost have all the Balkans qualified (except for Albania)! :hr: :sl: :rs: :gr: :pt: :ge:

ag89

Paradoxically, the more statements EBU puts about Eurovision not being political the more it becomes political.
EBU is slowly loosing control over this year's contest (and decisions they made to keep it under control made things worse) and that is somehow expected. They kept ignoring what participation of Israel this year brings. Now we are slowly witnessing everything. If Israel wins on Saturday, well, good luck EBU with keeping ESC alive.

Top Bottom