Contact us

ESC United - Rehearsal and Live Show discussion megathread

Sean

Admin
Staff member
It's time for the rehearsals to finally get underway for Eurovision 2024 at Malmö Arena! 37 countries will begin their preparations for this year's contest today, with over two weeks of coverage to come from the ESC United team on the ground!

The schedule for rehearsals is below (thank you Eurovisionworld! All times in CEST);

You can check out Matt's pre-rehearsal live stream below in case you missed it;

DAY ONE

The team will be on hand to cover everything going on in Malmö over the coming weeks, so make sure to follow ESC United on Facebook, Twitter (X), Instagram, and YouTube and Twitch to not miss a minute!

Please also use this thread for any rehearsal coverage and discussion, including for jury shows, dress rehearsals and the live shows!​

Attachments

• 1714181273244.png
    1714181273244.png
    84.7 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

Iker

Veteran
Maybe if Joost is on last on Saturday and I’d have got through 3 bottles of wine I can enjoy it

I think I'm in a minority on ESC United who neither actively dislikes Europapa nor love it. I ... like it, nothing more, nothing less.

GermanBango

I love how y'all seem so chill right now ... I am literally fucking pissed. Are you trying to tell me that RAI just basically ruined the entire suspense?!
Would be great if one of our Italian members could say something about all of this? Is it legitimately the televoting result? Or is it something else? Has this happened before?!

Wynnter

I love how y'all seem so chill right now ... I am literally fucking pissed. Are you trying to tell me that RAI just basically ruined the entire suspense?!
Would be great if one of our Italian members could say something about all of this? Is it legitimately the televoting result? Or is it something else? Has this happened before?!
I think we need some official statements from EBU or something first.

Chorizo

The interval act was truly amazing.

NeoTen

The betting companies have Israel to win televote in the final at around 17
Money on the table
1/6 bookie though. If my math is correct, they'll 2nd in aggregated odds end of tomorrow to win it all. Something is happening. Let's hope these guys that stormed the Arena stay locked up though.

Rxllinson

So pleased for Latvia and Georgia, they were the best two performances of the night for me. Only result I was shocked at was Armenia, didn’t think they had a chance of getting through. I would’ve picked Malta instead, but they didn’t do themselves any favours picking a clip where she wasn’t singing for the recap! After having watched every contest from 2011 onwards, I have to say I think this is the worst year in terms of the quality of the songs overall, but that won’t dampen my excitement for the final on Saturday!

Teaisloveable

100,02 % to be correct. Maybe two of those were approximated wrongly. There Is no doubt those are the votes though.

Those numbers are just crazy wtf.

Especially when you consider that the next country was sitting at 7%?!?

Regardless of what you think of the song it is not 40% worthy, if that is a sign of Europe's televoting for Saturday night it is going to be a very interesting contest indeed

Jupiter

I'm so happy for Nutsa and Dons. "Firefighter" is only okay-ish IMO, but Nutsa is incredible. Her vocals and energy were so good. And while "Hollow" is nothing outstanding, IMO it's better then it's fellow ballads here. At least it feels genuine, compared to "Mon Amour" (clicheed and overperformed) and "Hurricane" (which is just plastic).

And it's so cool that Georgia and Latvia broke their NQ streaks alongside Ireland! xlove

(And honestly, it's good they did it this year - because if Israel wins on Saturday, this contest is not surviving that. At least not in its current state. And nearly 40% of votes smells like organized mass voting tbh - those numbers beat 2022 Ukraine by quite a bit.)

Loindici

Veteran

soulm8

Those numbers are just crazy wtf.

Especially when you consider that the next country was sitting at 7%?!?

Regardless of what you think of the song it is not 40% worthy, if that is a sign of Europe's televoting for Saturday night it is going to be a very interesting contest indeed
Interesting? This is as fishy as it can gets. This is not a song contest long time ago, but this mediocre ballad with a singer with okay voice getting maybe the biggest % win ever in a SF, is not interesting. It just shows something is messed up behind the closed door.

nofuxCZ

Interesting? This is as fishy as it can gets. This is not a song contest long time ago, but this mediocre ballad with a singer with okay voice getting maybe the biggest % win ever in a SF, is not interesting. It just shows something is messed up behind the closed door.

I don't think it is that surprising. You can't downvote songs in Eurovision. There are lots of pro-Israel people who may not be that vocal and may not even be in the majority, but they will make sure to vote en masse. The news of boycotting and protests will only motivate them more, many of us said that here before.

GermanBango

I still cannot believe this. Has to be some sort of hoax or did the broadcaster get hacked or something? I am going nuts over here. o_O

Top Bottom