Contact us

ESC United - Rehearsal and Live Show discussion megathread

Sean

Admin
Staff member
It's time for the rehearsals to finally get underway for Eurovision 2024 at Malmö Arena! 37 countries will begin their preparations for this year's contest today, with over two weeks of coverage to come from the ESC United team on the ground!

The schedule for rehearsals is below (thank you Eurovisionworld! All times in CEST);

You can check out Matt's pre-rehearsal live stream below in case you missed it;

DAY ONE

The team will be on hand to cover everything going on in Malmö over the coming weeks, so make sure to follow ESC United on Facebook, Twitter (X), Instagram, and YouTube and Twitch to not miss a minute!

Please also use this thread for any rehearsal coverage and discussion, including for jury shows, dress rehearsals and the live shows!​

Attachments

• 1714181273244.png
    1714181273244.png
    84.7 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

jatojo

You could argue that Portugal is going to get a lot of votes from those who dislike the freaky songs. But you could say that about all the slow ballads this evening?

Ajeje Brazorf

I just adore Grito, one of the best songs of the entire competition. Unsurprisingly, Portugal is one of my favourites this year.

Etanna

I beg the juries to give a lot of appreciation to Portugal!!! (It's also a bit funny to me how Portugal sent one of the best if not the best female vocalist this year and Spain one of the worst lol)

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
Just tuning in, is the show itself proceeding ok thus far?

NemesisNick

Song 18: Portugal: I watched Festival da Canção 2024 Final, on demand, online from the UK, one day late. I like the way iolanda starts by singing in a slow and gentle manner, and builds up to a comparatively lively middle section, with a beat, and accompanied by dancers. At the end, the way she returns to a soft voice rounds this off nicely. This could do well with the juries, but less well with the public tonight.

jatojo

It's like Armenia has taken a very traditional "riff" and twisted it - which makes the song enjoyable! The best ethnic act next to Norway.

soulm8

Jaiiiiiii hooooo

Uto

Veteran
Just tuning in, is the show itself proceeding ok thus far?
Seems so beyond the obvious censorship regarding the crowd reactions when Israel was up, but I do get reactions from many people saying that it doesn't quite feel the same.

Top Bottom