Contact us

ESC United - Rehearsal and Live Show discussion megathread

Sean

Admin
Staff member
It's time for the rehearsals to finally get underway for Eurovision 2024 at Malmö Arena! 37 countries will begin their preparations for this year's contest today, with over two weeks of coverage to come from the ESC United team on the ground!

The schedule for rehearsals is below (thank you Eurovisionworld! All times in CEST);

You can check out Matt's pre-rehearsal live stream below in case you missed it;

DAY ONE

The team will be on hand to cover everything going on in Malmö over the coming weeks, so make sure to follow ESC United on Facebook, Twitter (X), Instagram, and YouTube and Twitch to not miss a minute!

Please also use this thread for any rehearsal coverage and discussion, including for jury shows, dress rehearsals and the live shows!​

Attachments

• 1714181273244.png
    1714181273244.png
    84.7 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

Gwendal

ChaChaLand (without Ryan Gosling :( emoji sadboi)

musicfan

I'm not sure putting up 'crown the witch' is a good idea, just let the music speak for itself.

NemesisNick

Song 8: Spain: A very lively, catchy song from start to finish. I'm mystified as to thie black and white zig-zag patterns on the stage floor, and the background images, but they look good. I like the use of the white light beams, and the fireworks at teh end providide the climax to the performance. For some reason, parts of this remind me of the Christmas song "Feliz Navidad". Altogether, a lively, memorable song, well staged and well performed.

Song 9: Estonia: This was one of my prefer not to qualify songs on Thursday evening. I watched the Estonian national final on demand, online form the UK, three days late. I like the way the band use the unusual stringed instruments. There colour scheme is mostly yellow, though there was a moment of green and purple on the background screen. Altogther, a lively song, though it's not my musical taste, and anyone who has seen an English translation of the title or lyrics may have concern abpout the content. This could still do well, just being for so unforgettable.

Song 10: Ireland: What a mix of styles this is! I don't like the “I, I, I know you’re living a lie” bits at all, but the chorus is more down to Earth and to my taste. Late in the song, there is a section which is rather haunted style, but it goes well with the other parts. This could do well for being so out of the ordinary and unusual.

jatojo

The "audio improvements" going on in this year's Eurovision must be a disadvantage for the real good singers like Dons.

Etanna

Dons now :love: I think I'll throw in a vote or two for him although I feel like it won't really show in our televote

ramiroqai

All we (Spain) may offer today is a big big party, Eurovision is about it... but it is "also" a song contest, so probably Nebulossa shouldn't be the winner at all

musicfan

Is Latvia getting the Barbara Dex award (or whatever it's called now).

Also why wasn't Barbara included in the cult Eurovision singers montage in semi 2?

Top Bottom