The new Sultana Quen has arrived! xcheer

giphy.gif

Eulaliya's English Reign
EditionArtistSongFinal PlacePointsSemi PlacePoints
::sudo 146Declan McKennaThe Key to Life on EarthFailed to qualify-1747
:ca: 147Phil CollinsAnother Day in ParadiseFailed to qualify-1263
:cn: 148David BowieLife on Mars?Failed to qualify-1652
:pl: 149Lolita (Annerley Gordon)Try Me20901358
:kant: 150Serge Gainsbourg & Jane BirkinJe t'aime... Moi non plusFailed to qualify-1948
:west: 151Sarah BrightmanHymn911310113
:es: 152David Bowie"Heroes"Failed to qualify-2332
:be: 153ChicaneSaltwaterFailed to qualify-1452
:es: 154Mike Oldfield ft. Maggie ReillyTo France8132
::bmen 155Murray GoldI Am the DoctorFailed to qualify-2230
:se: 157Tina CousinsPray151041065
:nl: 158Panjabi MCMundian To Bach KeFailed to qualify-1546
:pl: 160Dario GSunchymeFailed to qualify-2133
:rs: 161Haunted NurseryHaunted Dancehall (In the Nursery Mix)Failed to qualify-2034
:us: 162Kate BushRunning Up that Hill (A Deal with God)6123

Last edited by a moderator:

revallsay

Re: ENGLAND ♔ WV65♔ HURTS - SOME KIND OF HEAVEN ♔ SEM 2 - 6th

WORLDVISION 65

HURTS - SOME KIND OF HEAVEN

hurts-promo-2015-650x400.jpg

Hurts are an English synthpop duo formed in 2009, consisting of singer Theo Hutchcraft and synthesist Adam Anderson. Their first two albums, Happiness and Exile, both reached the top ten in the United Kingdom, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Poland, and Finland.

In May 2015, Hurts released a new single titled "Some Kind of Heaven". The release was produced with long-term collaborator, Jonas Quant. On 15 June, the album title was announced via their Facebook page. It was released on 9 October.

I am ready for the rapture
I am reaching for the light
But my heart screams hallelujah
When I hear your battle cry

(Yeah, yeah)
I know we're so young
But I swear you're the one for me
(Yeah, yeah)
I knew it right from the start

You're some kind of heaven
That's all that I need
I found it in you
I found it in you
That's all that I need
I found it in you
Too good to be true
You've got me singing baby

Do-do-do-do-do
Do-do-do-do-do-do
Do-do-do-do-do
Do-do-do-do-do-do

I don't need a god to tell me that I'm wrong
I don't need hell to make me scared of love
I don't need a symphony to sing my song
'Cause there's a choir of angels deep inside my lungs
And I can hear them sing

(Yeah, yeah)
Can you hear them sing?
(Yeah, yeah)

That's all that I need
I found it in you
I found it in you
That's all that I need
I found it in you
Too good to be true

Do-do-do-do-do
Do-do-do-do-do-do
Do-do-do-do-do
Do-do-do-do-do-do
Do-do-do-do-do
Do-do-do-do-do-do
Do-do-do-do-do
Do-do-do-do-do-do

I know when we're together
My setting sun will shine
Let's spend this night together
Let me make you mine

I know when we're together
My setting sun will shine
Let's spend this night together
Let me make you mine

It's some kind of, it's some kind of
It's some kind of, it's some kind of heaven

That's all that I need
I found it in you
I found it in you
That's all that I need
I found it in you
Too good to be true

(Yeah, yeah)
Oh my love, oh my love
(Yeah, yeah)
Oh my love, yeah

Some kind of heaven
It's some kind of, it's some kind of
It's some kind of, it's some kind of heaven

hurts480_sony_1283242460_L.jpg

Lupus

Piece of Wonk
Re: ENGLAND ♔ WV65♔ HURTS - SOME KIND OF HEAVEN ♔ SEM 2 - 6th

You have delivered once again Rev! xlove

revallsay

Re: ENGLAND ♔ WV66♔ FLEUR EAST - SAX ♔ SEM 2 ♔

WORLDVISION 66

FLEUR EAST - SAX

_86971604_634adbce-41e0-400e-b87e-de96d594e940.jpg

Fleur East (born 29 October 1987), also known as Fleur, is an English singer, songwriter, dancer, and fitness model. She competed on the second series of televised singing competition The X Factor in 2005 as a member of the girl group Addictiv Ladies. In 2012, she then launched a solo career with the record label Strictly Rhythm and released songs with dance musicians including DJ Fresh and Drumsound & Bassline Smith.

East returned to The X Factor as a solo artist in 2014 for its eleventh series, where she placed runner-up. She became the show's first contestant to reach number one on the UK iTunes Store chart during the competition with her performance of "Uptown Funk" (originally by Mark Ronson featuring Bruno Mars). In 2015, she signed to Syco Music and released a full-length album, Love, Sax and Flashbacks.

Give it to me!
Give it to me!
I met a boy last week tryna run that game
Made it sound so sweet when he say my name
I said boy, stop, run it back
You can talk that talk but can you play that sax?

I met a boss last night buyin' out the bar
Said I can ride top-down in his Jaguar
I'm like boy, stop, run that back
You can drive all night but can you play that sax?

Baby baby I've been waitin' for the one to blow my mind
Baby maybe you can get it if you got that thang I like

I need a stay up brother with a James brown soul
The type of red hot love that got me freezin' cold
Say you can go all night the way you lay that track
But if you wanna hear me sing you better play that sax
Give it to me!

You better play that sax, uh
Okay! Play it
You better play that sax

I met a dude last week honey he's so vain
Yeah he be lovin' himself more than Kim and Ye
I'm like boy stop, run that back
God damn you fine but can you play that sax?
Met a smart ass dude, mister know it all
Think you got Fleur down to a formula
I'm like boy stop, run it back
Pick a big IQ but can you play that sax?

Baby baby I've been waitin' for the one to blow my mind, all right
Baby maybe you can get it if you got that thang I like

But if you wanna hear me sing you better play that sax
Give it to me

Uh, okay, yeah!

You better play that sax
Okay! Play it

No fancy cars or bass guitars
Fellas in suits smoking on cigars
Those little boys making all that noise
But you ain't gon' steal the show
No fancy cars or bass guitars
Fellas in suits smoking on cigars, uh
Just play that song I know
Take a deep breath and blow

Get loose, get right
Get a grip and rock me all night
Hold tight, lean back
Play what I want with that sax
Get loose, get right
Hold tight, lean back
Play what I want with that sax

But if you wanna hear me sing
If you wanna hear me sing
If you wanna hear me sing you better play that sax!
Give it to me!

You better play that sax
You better play that sax

Get loose, get right
Hold tight, lean back, play what I want
You better play that sax

Get loose, get right
Hold tight, lean back, play what I want
You better play that sax

Get loose, get right
Hold tight, lean back, play what I want with that sax!

606x340_318099.jpg

revallsay

WORLDVISION 20th ANNIVERSARY!

Hello, it has been 20 editions that I have participated in WorldVision! What do I have to say? I had my ups and downs, good and poor results. But I know one thing: I love this contest so much! I have made so many friends here, I have heard a lot of warn words from you guys. Thank you for everything.

What was the most upsetting score? Well, the non-qualification for David Guetta and Nicki Minaj in 57th edition. I really hoped for a good score for that song, but you guys decided differently. For sure I am disappointed with only 20th position for Haddaway in 56th edition, the iconic song What Is Love deserved better. Yes, Trinidad&Tobaga may be considered as a flop, but I am very happy I got to know the music of that tiny, little country. I had so much great time discovering its music, fell in love with some songs that I could introduce you to (here is the link to my T&T NF, I have chosen the best songs to show to you, guys). I also had let-downs in Poland, but I can live with them, althought Shazza deserved the Final!

And now, after that weird paragraph, I want to say what made me really damn happy. The whole journey with Ashley through East Midlands, three Top5's, almost win with Learn to Love Again by Lawson. Thirs place for Ella's Ghost (which was the reason I joined the contest). 5th position for the REJU qualifier, London Grammar. Really great time there! Then, 6th position for Enej with my favourite song by them (joined favourite with Symetryczno-Liryczna) and of course 3rd place for Michał Szpak. Guys, it really meant a lot for me, Michał is my favourite singer and thank you once again for your support.

Now, thank you for your love for The Saturdays and Hurts, especially for Hurts. I remember loving Some Kind Of Heaven year ago when it was out and when I reminded myaself about this song, I immedietaly decided to send it, and it was worth it. 14th place is great, I had hoped for Top10, but I am happy it got to the Final. Thank you for it. Thank you for letting Fleur to the Final, Sax is probably the most cool and laid back (can you say that about a song?) song I have sent. So if you like it, vote to it.

Last, and the most important Thank You is for the first place for Girls Aloud. I still cannot believe I won with my favourite band and probably favourite song by them, Something New. My friends know how happy I was and it wasn't only winning WorldVision - it was winning WorldVision with GIRLS ALOUD! It was like the best thing that happened for me in my whole Internet exsistence. Hosting was a great thing to do, it was really hard, but it brought me a lot of fun! Thank you guys, words cannot describe how I feel about it. Thank you once again.

As a Thank You gift I made two things for you. First, the Top20 of my entries. My Top20. If you want to, please write your own tops with my entries - it would be nice to read it, but you don't have you :)

Second, I have counted all my points that I have given to you guys and here is the TOP20:

TABEL.png

Thank you, you all are my stars xheart I love you all xheart

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

Hello, :paci: calling. Here are our points for the hottest Quen Rev WorldVision songs of all time:

12. Michal Szpak - Real Hero
10. Ich Troje - We Play In Team
08. Shazza - Bajao Bongo
07. The Saturdays - Gentleman
06. U2 - Vertigo
05. David Guetta/Nicki Minaj - Turn Me On
04. Girls Aloud - Something New
03. Haddaway - What Is Love
02. Brian Mcfadden & Delta Goodrem - Mistakes
01. Enej - Kamień z napisem LOVE

Michal is a very special artist and this year has just been great for him. After all the hatred from Eurovision fans and then that amazing happy ending. Being your friend I got introduced to him way before he was in the limelight for ESC fans. I was charmed by him straight away. Looking back I think that "Real Hero" is my favourite of your entries. It may not have received my 12 at WorldVision like "We Play In Team (Ass Forever)" did, but it's the one that holds the best memories. As for "Ass Forever", well that is just an iconic song and a proud 12 of mine at the main contest. "Bajao Bongo" is my third favourite. It just reminds me of our time at Freedom Room and our hot hits. I was sad when that one failed. I wanted Shazza to be your very own Countess Luann.

The best moment of course was seeing you win with Girls Aloud. I think it must be everyone's secret dream to win with a favourite artist, and you achieved it. I would have given my weave to win with Mikal Cronin or Judee Sill.

Congratulations on twenty editionsxheatxheart I loved your history video. I was actually planning to make one as well for when I reached twenty but I still have a few more to go. Here is to your next twenty entries. Thank you for being a dear friendxrose That is the best thing about WorldVision. It's helped me to become really good friends with people on the forum, although we were friends before WorldVision:cool: It's a great way though of getting to know people. Oooo and I like your favourite country/region banner as well. New York and Pacific on therexheat (Although Calvin did half the work at New York with his stay).

And now in celebration of your twenty WorldVision entries, we shall party with the best song you never sent to WorldVision. Take it away Cheryl..

giphy.gif

DaFlo

Banned

Many hits you've got there xheat congrats on your anniversary Rev xheart

Here's my top 5 :D

1. Margaret - Heartbeat (still the most scandalous non qualifier ever)
2. Hurts - Some Kind Of Heaven
3. The Saturdays - Gentleman
4. Nicki Minaj - Starships
5. Ella Henderson - Ghost

Leydan

Super Moderator
Staff member

Stunning little memory post there, rev. xheart Reminds me that I was suppose to make one after DaFlo posted hist some months ago. So many great songs you've got in your past, and some very iconic hit. That Bajoa Bongo hit. xheat i'll have to go make a post now about my history (but i'll wait a few more editions so no one notices I copy you). xshfity Our little East Midlands run was great moment in our history because we competed together and we got three top 5's in a row on debut. Now we leave our little region with the best record in WV. xheart Good Luck with the future in WV and slaying the contest. xheat

ShoeFlo

What a wonderful little memory post Queen Rev. One can clearly see the passion you put into WV and how much you enjoy it. We also enjoy you being here (at least I can talk about myself) and you surely breathed new life into WV with some enriching songs. Those songs that I didn't appreciate were appreciated by other people so after all you managed to make many people happyhere. I made my own Top 20
Dark Green means "amazing", bright green means "very nice", Yellow means "alright", Red means "not my cup" :D
In brackets beside the song title I wrote if I gave points to the song in the grand final. Unfortunately I don't save my Semi Final votes ... I guess some of your songs got points from me in SF but not in the final.

1. London Grammar - Strong (8 points)
2. Michael Szpak - Real Hero (5 points)
3. Lawson - Learn to Love again (7 points)

4. Enej - Kamien z Napisem Love (3 points)
5. U2 - I still haven't find what I'm looking for
6. Way Out West - Mindcircus (2 points)
7. Haddaway - What is love
8. U2 - Vertigo

9. Brian McFadden - Mistakes
10. Shazza - Baja Bongo
11. Elle Henderson - Ghost
12. Hurts - Some Kind of Heaven

13. Fleur East - Sax
14. David Guetta ft Nekci - Turn me on
15. The Saturdays - Gentlemen
16. Girls Aloud - Something New
17. Doda - Riotka
18. Ich Troje - Play in Team
19. Nekci - Starships
20. Margaret - Heartbreak

In total, for my taste your WV era so far was mixed. 8 songs I liked (or loved), 4 tolerable songs, and also 8 songs I disliked (or even hated xD)... but the 4 alright songs are closer to "like" than to "dislike" so after all the good songs outweigh the bad songs for me. That means, I can count you to the Club of players with nice taste.. congrats :lol: xheat
Funny that my #1 is your #20 xcrazy I wonder if London Grammar was actually Ashley's choice? :D Anyway, it's just fantastic

I'd like to point out your great "classic" choices.. by classic I mean the amazing songs of 1990s and early 2000s such as Haddaway, U2 and even Way Out West (it surprised me how much I enjoyed this song :eek: ) Also in your secret NF there were some delicious older songs in the selection

I share your admiration for Szpak, he has something special and magic in his voice and in his charisma. He is extraordinarily talented. Also his ESC song was in my Top 5 of this year's edition.

At the same time, I feel bad for putting the Nicki Minaj songs very low in my ranking since I know how much she means to you. Hope you can forgive me xpray

Btw, I see :us: being 10th in your points ranking. I guess most of these points went to Staewi's (or even Alex') USA and not too mine right? Anyway, I will ignore that and pretend like all these points belong to me xheat xqueenbitch :cool: Murica xheart

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar

Hello, am from ::midw here is my rev top 10
12 Way Out West & Tricia Lee Kelshall - Mindcircus
10 Michał Szpak - Real Hero
8 Shazza - Bajao Bongo
7 U2 - Vertigo
6 Ich Troje - Play In Team
5 U2 - I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
4 Girls Aloud - Something New
3 Haddaway - What Is Love
2 Enej - Kamien z Napisem Love
1 David Guetta & Nekci - Turn Me On
And what a spectacular and diverse top 10 that is xheart xheat xheat to another 20, and another 20 after that! xlove :D

Lupus

Piece of Wonk

A wonderful celebration of 20 editions in WV [MENTION=13024]revallsay[/MENTION]! It's an honour to find :lond: so high up your list! xlove (probably all HipFlo's stuff... ;) ) Here is my top ten REVSongs! xcheer

12 Mistakes
10 Something New
8 Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
7 Turn Me On
6 Real Hero
5 Some Kind Of Heaven
4 Mindcircus
3 Starships
2 Play in team
1 What Is Love

Here's to another iconic twenty! xcheers

Krishoes

Congrats Rev for these wonderful first 20 editions of Worldvision! I never calculated how many points I gave to the single players but I'm sure you would be in the top 3 'cause all the nations you owned are really high in my ranking. I'm sure you will go on sending delicious pieces of pop music that I will appreciate.

Thank you for the video recap, many emotions came to my mind watching that video. I did my top 20 and actually, there isn't a single song that I didn't like at least a bit:

1 Haddaway - What is love
2 Shazza - Bajao Bongo
3 Ella Henderson - Ghost
4 Fleur East - Sax
5 Girls Aloud - Something new
6 Michal Szpak - Real hero
7 Way Out West feat. Tricia Lee Kelshall - Mindcircus
8 Margaret - Heartbeat
9 Hurts - Some kind of heaven
10 London Grammar - Strong
11 Lawson - Learn to love again
12 The Saturdays - Gentleman
13 Enej - Kamien z napisem love
14 U2 - Vertigo
15 Nicki Minaj - Starships
16 U2 - I still haven't found what I'm looking for
17 Ich Troje - Play in team
18 Brian McFadden feat. Delta Goodrem - Mistakes
19 David Guetta feat. Nicki Minaj - Turn me on
20 Doda - Riotka

theCONWEL

WorldVision Mod
Staff member

Congratulations on your 20th edition Rev xlove and what a hot 20 editions they have been! It didn't occur to me properly until I watched your recap video that you really are one of the hottest players in this contest, I really like most of your entries xheat

Here is my top 20:

1. :ie: Brian McFadden & Delta Goodrem - Mistakes
2. ::emdl Ella Henderson - Ghost
3. ::emdl London Grammar - Strong
4. :en: Fleur East - Sax
5. :en: Girls Aloud - Something New
6. :en: The Saturdays - Gentleman
7. :pl: Doda - Riotka
8. :tt: Nicki Minaj - Starships
9. ::emdl Lawson - Learn To Love Again
10. :tt: David Guetta & Nicki Minaj - Turn Me On
11. :pl: Michal Szpak - Real Hero