• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Judas

Super Moderator
Staff member
The snippet part is a bit anticlimactic. But here is hoping it will blend well with the song when we see the full performance. It would be sad to see such good song getting ruined by the staging, though I still remember what they've done to Who the hell is Edgar, so...

Lindon

The look on Kaleen's face after "is it warm?" priceless xrofl

SpiritofKeiino

I think it'll qualify with some ease then not do much business in the final, with either televoters or jury. The live is a bit dull.

Ted Talks

Maybe I'm just stupid but why on earth isn't Kaleen performing with an ear-piece mic? Her dancing in the Eurovision rehearsal clip I've seen looks awkward because she's lost one hand to the mic. The performance is all about the dance and yet she's there in effect performing one-handed.

It just doesn't make sense to me.

marty

Maybe I'm just stupid but why on earth isn't Kaleen performing with an ear-piece mic? Her dancing in the Eurovision rehearsal clip I've seen looks awkward because she's lost one hand to the mic. The performance is all about the dance and yet she's there in effect performing one-handed.

earpiece mics also have disadvantages expecially when you are not a good singer with a powerful voice.

theditz83

Veteran

Those mics will nearly always cos some distortion in the vocals, and while this isn't ideal, maybe Kaleen and her team decided it would be better to go with a hand mic for better control of the vocals from mouth to mic.

But I do agree - she does need all the freedom she can get to truly perform this one to the max, but I'm not concerned about the overall effect in the performance. It'll look great xup

Datura

After watching the short clips of all the Rehearsals i'm a bit more worried if kaleen can actually qualify. I'll have to wait for the full performance but so far it doesn't seem like anything special is happening - which i find surprising. Not even the choreo seems that energetic. And coming after one of the best voices and jury fave of the contest (france) doesnt really help her a lot either imo. considering marvin dietmann and his connections i was sure they'd pull out something spectacular this time. But so far it doesnt seem so. But Fingers crossed for the whole thing

Last edited:

marty

After watching the short clips of all the Rehearsals i'm a bit more worried if kaleen can actually qualify. I'll have to wait for the full performance but so far it doesn't seem like anything special is happening - which i find surprising. Not even the choreo seems that energetic. And coming after one of the best voices and jury fave of the contest (france) doesnt really help her a lot either imo. considering marvin dietmann and his connections i was sure they'd pull put something spectacular this time. But so far it doesnt seem so. But Fingers crossed for the whole thing
there might be some televoters who think they can vote for france and dial the 06. that could help. ;)

Lindon

After watching the short clips of all the Rehearsals i'm a bit more worried if kaleen can actually qualify. I'll have to wait for the full performance but so far it doesn't seem like anything special is happening - which i find surprising. Not even the choreo seems that energetic. And coming after one of the best voices and jury fave of the contest (france) doesnt really help her a lot either imo. considering marvin dietmann and his connections i was sure they'd pull put something spectacular this time. But so far it doesnt seem so. But Fingers crossed for the whole thing
You paraphrased what I said lately. But I was ridiculed and even insulted for that. That's life.

One of the problems seems to be this and this was before inflation happened

Last edited:

NeoTen

Sad sight Austrians produce better Euro-dance than Dutchies nowdays. People worrying this won't qualify need to lay back. It's got everything, and is in the semi with countries where Euro-Dance is popular. It will do great with juries and survive with just the Dutch, Norway, Denmark, Belgium and Malta pulling it through.

marty

You paraphrased what I said lately. But I was ridiculed and even insulted for that. That's life.

One of the problems seems to be this and this was before inflation happened
A good staging doesnt need a lot of money. I dont think that people are impressed by fire works on stage. For me there is no point to spend that much money just for some explosions on stage. I dont like overloaded stagings with a lot of props. A good staging creates emotions on stage. Last years Austrian staging just would have needed some fun. Old white men dancing on stage and the two singers making fun out of them like in the video. That would not have been expensive. This year it will be a matter how Kaleen acts on stage, if she can show self esteem and power than it will work.
Overall its about expectations. I never expected this song to get a top 10 result, I think its not possible. I think the aim is to qualify for the final and that should be easily achived.

Datura

A good staging doesnt need a lot of money. I dont think that people are impressed by fire works on stage. For me there is no point to spend that much money just for some explosions on stage. I dont like overloaded stagings with a lot of props. A good staging creates emotions on stage.
This.

Jiggler

After watching the short clips of all the Rehearsals i'm a bit more worried if kaleen can actually qualify. I'll have to wait for the full performance but so far it doesn't seem like anything special is happening - which i find surprising. Not even the choreo seems that energetic. And coming after one of the best voices and jury fave of the contest (france) doesnt really help her a lot either imo. considering marvin dietmann and his connections i was sure they'd pull out something spectacular this time. But so far it doesnt seem so. But Fingers crossed for the whole thing
I dunno, if you compare it for example with Malta it already looks way better even if Malta showed their highlight and AUT just showed the build-up to the first chorus. We know she is flipping around on the stage later on, so i wouldn't be not that worried. In the Q odds, AUT just took over Belgium

Lindon

For all who speak German, this is puzzling. I never heard that before. If you watch it you can understand what part of the interview I mean. You can choose your friends not your family.

Chorizo

Catchy and entertaining. Based on the music video, the British staging would have worked very well with this song as well, but I guess this could be said about many songs. 8 points.

Lindon

ESC Tom says it's like a slow motion version of Malta. Staging, dancing and vocals of Malta are better.

Top Bottom