Contact us

YAPONESIA

94ayd

Re: ? NSC 50 : YAPONESIA ?

What country have we reached?

takeru

Re: ∞ NSC 50 : YAPONESIA ∞

GIRL NEXT DOOR - Infinity
A short break from Our Sound, as we celebrate NSC's golden anniversary :D (we have til November anyway ^^)
For the 50th NSC, Yaponesia will go straight to the roots of its namesake, with a song I've been addicted to for a few months now :p And something quite typical of Japan :D
GIRL NEXT DOOR is vocalist Chisa Maekawa, guitarist Yuji Inoue and keyboardist Daisuke Suzuki.
Infinity was released last June and went to #1 in Japan :D It was written by Chisa and Kenn Kato and composed by Daisuke Suzuki. It's a happy song about love, life and hope ^^

125px-Flag_of_Japan.svg.png

LYRICS

Sonna kao shite utsumukanaide, == そんな顔して俯かないで == "Don't pull such a sad face,
Rashikunaiyo to kimi ga waratta. == らしくないよと君が笑った == That's not like you" you laughed
Donna meiro mo deguchi wa aru yo, == どんな迷路も出口があるよ == In any maze, there's an exit,
Yasashii koe ni kaze wo kanjita. == 優しい声に風を感じた == In your gentle voice, I felt the wind.

Kodoku to iu heya kara deru, == 孤独という部屋から出る == To get out of this room called loneliness,
Sono nazo no kagi wa donna toki mo == その謎の鍵はどんな時も == That mysterious key is always
Sono te ni aru jibun shidai nanda. == その手にある自分次第なんだ == In your hand, it's your choice.
WHOA WHOA, WHOA WHOA, WHOA WHOA, YEAH YEAH!
WHOA WHOA, WHOA WHOA, WHOA WHOA, YEAH YEAHH!

Mugen no sora ni dakarete, == 無限の空に抱かれて ==?Embraced by the infinite sky
Bokura wa ikiteirunda. == 僕らは生きているんだ == We are living our lives
Doa wo akete tobidaseba == ドアを開けて飛び出せば == If you open the door and jump out
Mirai to iu atarashii basho de == 未来という新しい場所で == In a new place called the future,
Kimi wa kagayaiteru. == 君は輝いてる == You'll be shining.

Sora no kanata wo mezashiteyukeba == 空の彼方を目指してゆけば == If you aim to go beyond the sky,
Kokoro no naka ni tadoritsuku hazu. == 心の中にたどり着くはず == You should end up in your heart.
Uchuu ni hate ga nai to shimeshita == 宇宙に果がないと示した == Showing the universe has no limits,
Houteishiki ga soko ni arunda. == 方程式がそこにあるんだ == The equation is right there.

Kireigoto to waraunaraba == きれいごとと笑うならば == If you laugh with ignorance
Eien ni derenai; senri no michi == 永遠に出れない 千里の道 == You'll never get out; the thousand mile road –
Koeru tabi e, ippo fumidasunda. == 超える旅へ一歩踏み出すんだ == In order to pass it, take one step at a time.

Mukai kaze wo uketomete, == 向かい風を受け止めて == Braving the prevailing wind
Hashiridaseba maiagaru. == 走りだせば舞い上がる == If you run, you'll soar.
Guruguru mawaru sekai wo == ぐるぐる回る世界を == The world that spins round and round
Mou supiido de kakenukete yukou. == 猛スピードで駆け抜けてゆこう == Now let's zoom through it with speed
Ashita wo shiru tame ni. == 明日を知るために == So we can know tomorrow.

Ienai omoi tojikometa == 言えない思い閉じ込めた == I locked up thoughts that I can't say
Tsuyogari, nanoni samishigari == 強がりなのに寂しがり == Even when strong, I'm lonely
Me ni utsuru koto dake dewa hito wa wakaranai == 目に移ることだけでは人はわからない == Besides what only the eye can see, people know nothing
Dakara sugao no kimi ni aeru made koko ni iru == だから素顔の君に会えるまでここにいる == So until I meet your true face, I'll be here...

Mugen no sora ni dakarete, == 無限の空に抱かれて ==?Embraced by the infinite sky
Bokura wa ikiteirunda. == 僕らは生きているんだ == We are living our lives
Doa wo akete tobidaseba == ドアを開けて飛び出せば == If you open the door and jump out
Mirai to iu atarashii basho de == 未来という新しい場所で == In a new place called the future,
Kimi wa kagayaiteru. == 君は輝いてる == You'll be shining1

(WHOA WHOA, WHOA WHOA, WHOA WHOA, YEAH YEAH!)
(WHOA WHOA, WHOA WHOA, WHOA WHOA, YEAH YEAHH!)

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY NSC!
May the contest continue until NSC ∞

xfruit​

Liam

Re: ? NSC 50 : YAPONESIA ?

Natalie Bassingthwaighte arrived in Yaponesia this morning, the first stop on her promo tour for an interview with Alan, former Yaponesia entrant on the breakfast TV show!

Thanks to Nathan for some of the interview questions!

Alan: Hey!! We have Natarie Bassingthwaighte here, and Yaponesia is the first stop on her promo tour around the world to promote her ratest NSC entry, Turn The Lights On!! Hey Natarie, how are you?

Natalie: Good thanks, I'm very excited.

A: So, you only just found out that Turn The Lights On has quarified for the final of NSC.

N: Yes, I'm still shaking with excitement, it was totally unexpected!

A: Yeah.. I miss my NSC days, I wish I could return to take the stage sometime soon!!

N: It's such a thrill being up there. It's more frightening on the final night, but also more of a buzz! Hundreds of thousands screaming my name is so overwhelming.

A: I tell you, it is a real thrill and is nervewracking but I'm sure you can do it!

N: Hopefully!! I remember the last time I entered in NSC 33 with Alive finishing top 10, I am aiming to better that which hopefully I can do. Turn The Lights On is much more personal to me and I can definitely relate to it.

A: Yes, the rast time you took part was NSC 33 in Begonia. How do you feel the contest has changed since then?

N: Well i definitely feel the genre has changed. Alive was such a poppy, exciting song, which I still feel is enjoyed in NSC, but a song like that would struggle to finish seventh in say, NSC 50. NSC has gone less mainstream which is why I'm here with a personal ballad hoping to come back and show everyone I'm not just "...that chick who struts around like a slut." I'm other things too.

A: You have one of the few barrads this edition? Do you think that's a good thing or a bad thing?

N: Definitely a good thing. I wouldn't like to have the only ballad in NSC as I think ballads are great and should be embraced more. Although, the other ballads are of an excellent standard which makes me think "Oh shit. I'm gonna come last here" but that's also a good thing, it makes me strive to go that extra mile and give it all I have and more to make my performance stand out!

A: You definitery do stand out. I also entered NSC with ballads, but I'm sure your ballad has the extra boost to send possibry send it to the top 10!

N: Thank you so much! It means so much to me! I remember your NSC 41 entry, it was just mesmerising! Definitely one of my favourites, it deserved top 10!

A: Aww thank you so much Natarie. How honoured do you feel to be able to represent Kostanovia in NSC's big 50th anniversaly edition?

N: Oh my God. Words cannot describe. NSC 50 is such a big event and to possibly be remembered over the likes of Do It Again and Critical in 50 years time is just.. wow. I really hope I perform well in this edition but it's such an amazing edition I could finish last and know I've achieved something!

A: It's inspiring to see such a wonderful attitude! And what does the future bling for Kostanovia?

N: Wow thank you Alan! I really don't know what the future holds for Kostanovia. They can go from europop, to dance, to indie, to R&B.. and now a power ballad. Rumour has it a huge American star is in talks to represent Kostanovia for NSC 51 with a ballad with an electro twist. But who knows?

A: Wow, that sounds exciting! Finarry, what do you think of Yaponesia's entry 'Infinity' by GIRL NEXT DOOR? (standard self-promotion interview question XP)

N: I like it, it has an edge to it!! I'm so glad it weren't in my semi though as it could've cost me the final!! It's so refreshing that countries are willing to enter non-English songs, something I'm afraid Kostanovia hasn't been brave enough to do as of yet!

A: Wow, thank you! Well, maybe that will be something to look out for from Kostanovia in upcoming editions! The vely best of ruck to you Natarie, and see you in the final!

N: Thank you very much Alan, I hope to see you again soon! BEst of luck in NSC 50 Yaponesia!!

A: Thanks Natarie! Here is Natarie Bassingthwaighte performing Turn The Rights On, her latest NSC entry RIVE on Yaponesian TV for the first time ever!

[center:3allvonv][youtube:3allvonv]coDvglAN9xE[/youtube:3allvonv]

Studio Version[/center:3allvonv]

takeru

Re: NSC 51 : YAPONESIA : Laudate...

NSC 51

Igor Stravinsky
SYMPHONY OF PSALMS
MOVEMENT III
"LAUDATE DOMINUM"
performed by
Northwestern University Chorale and Symphonic Wind Ensemble

Igor Stravinsky - Symphony of Psalms, Mvt. III: "Laudate Dominum"
(Praise the Lord)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MK-bvewvecc

After a fantastic result equalling our best placing ever in NSC 50, Yaponesia feels the time is right to celebrate our 45th entry with an important musical genre untouched until now by many NSC nations, including Yaponesia, yet one that has been close to Yaponesian hearts since the beginning. :mrgreen:

Igor Fyodorovich Stravinsky was a Russian 20th-Century classical composer (1882-1971), who composed mainly in a neoclassical style, featuring elements of traditional classical music and modern classical music. He wrote his Symphony of Psalms in 1930, a choral piece of 3 movements, with the lyrics of each movement based on the text from a different psalm.

"It is not a symphony in which I have included Psalms to be sung. On the contrary, it is the singing of the Psalms that I am symphonising."

Movement III is based on Psalm 150, Laudate Dominum. Musically, the movement revolves around the repeated appearance of several themes and motifs, both melodic and rhythmic. The movement is over 11 minutes long, so I hope I don't annoy too many NSCers! :oops: To the majority who won't enjoy it, I hope you can forgive me and give this piece 5 minutes' chance at least :lol: To the minority, I hope you enjoy or appreciate something new from Yaponesia this NSC :p Music essay over! xD

125px-Flag_of_Russia.svg.png

ORIGINAL LYRICS
from Psalm 150

Alleluia.
Laudate Dominum in sanctis Ejus.
Laudate Eum in firmamento virtutis Ejus. Laudate Dominum.
Laudate Eum in virtutibus Ejus. Laudate Dominum in virtutibus Ejus.
Laudate Eum secundum multitudinem magnitudinis Ejus. Laudate Dominum in sanctis Ejus..
Laudate Eum in sono tubae.
Laudate Eum. Alleluia. Laudate Dominum. Laudate Eum.
Laudate Eum in timpano et choro,
Laudate Eum in cordis et organo; Laudate Dominum.
Laudate Eum in cymbalis benesonantibus,
Laudate Eum in cymbalis jubilationibus. Laudate Dominum.
Laudate Eum, omnis spiritus laudet Dominum, omnis spiritus laudet Eum.
Alleluia. Laudate, laudate, laudate Dominum.

The piece will be performed in Halito by the chorale and symphonic wind ensemble of Northwestern University, Illinois:
http://nuamps.at.northwestern.edu/screenroom/content/media/video/2005-2007/swe-march-2007

Click to see the composer himself in action :mrgreen:

Fearnavigatr

Re: NSC 51 : YAPONESIA : Laudate...

Brave choice and brave venture, one can only applaud daring initiatives!
Anyone who thinks 11 minutes is too long doesn't listen to enough progressive music.

takeru

Re: NSC 52 : 45 Years of YAPONESIA : Congratulations NF POLL

NSC 52

254vns6.png

"45 Years of Yaponesia"
CONGRATULATIONS NATIONAL FINAL

It's that time of year again... :p
Bringing our 45th anniversary to a spectacular last place finish :mrgreen: It's time once again to celebrate our 10 years just passed with a second-chance "Congratulations"-style NF. Every Yaponesian entrant from NSC 42-51 will showcase a new song, and compete to enter NSC 52 in Zoidiac! As always, packed with those extra-gimmicky extras such as artist face-offs and televote polls that struggle to find voters anyway :lol:

This year however, we'll let you take a step back, and the bulk of the voting will be taken by the Yaponesian public (as determined by 'Yaponesian jury votes' in the results). As a result, the NF will only be broadcast at a set time on YETI?, that is, tomorrow evening at 18:00CEST. But fear not, NSCTV will also be broadcasting the event internationally, so if you wish, you can take a peak at Yaponesia's potential entries performing live! (The face-offs will also be at this time for you to take part in)

TUNE IN TO YAPONESIA'S NSC 52 NF LIVE!
Sunday 9th May
18:00pm CEST

http://www.livestream.com/nsctv5

Featuring:
MUSHIMARUQ (NSC 42)
PSAPP (NSC 43)
POP SHUVIT (NSC 44)
WING (NSC 45)
AGNEE (NSC 46)
ROTH FEAT. PHEA (NSC 47)
SHIRONAMHIN (NSC 48)
HỒ NGỌC HÀ FEAT. SUBOI (NSC 49)
GIRL NEXT DOOR (NSC 50)
IGOR STRAVINSKY (NSC 51)

Until then,
PLEASE VOTE IN THE POLL for your favourite artists in Yaponesia's latest decade :D
Click the links above for a reminder of each artists' songs :p
The poll votes will count, as always, as the INTERNATIONAL TELEVOTE xthank

THANK YOU!
And hopefully see you tomorrow!
xjump

takeru

Re: NSC 52 : 45 Years of YAPONESIA : Congratulations NF LIVE

OPENING ACT

The winner of the last Congratulations NF, alan, opened with her winning song from NSC 41, Gunjou no Tani

And now, the entrants from NSC 42~NSC 51...

MushiMaruQ
CHOU (E)

Psapp
THE MONSTER SONG

Pop Shuvit
FREAKSHOW

Wing
BEAT IT

Agnee
NAINO KI MAT SUNIYO RE

Roth ft. Phea
PELNA PEL NEUNG CHOS