Contact us

WV 186 💚 Avellino, ITALIA 💚 FINAL (results from post #37)

BernadetteCydonia

SEMI 1 REJU FULL RESULTS

1st - :au: Australia (72 points) (55 points)
2nd - :gr: Greece (44 points)
3rd - :dk: Denmark (40 points)
4th - :neus: Northeastern USA (40 points)
5th - :uk: United Kingdom (35 points)
6th - :be: Belgium (32 points)
7th - ::mazo Mazovia (28 points)
8th - :west: Western USA (25 points)
9th - :fi: Finland (21 points)
10th - :svea: Svealand (21 points)
11th - :nl: The Netherlands (20 points)
12th - ::gota Götaland (18 points)
13th - ::brit Brittany (18 points)
14th - :mk: North Macedonia (17 points)
15th - :jp: Japan (17 points)
16th - :cy: Cyprus (17 points)
17th - ::toho Tohoku (14 points)
18th - :ru: Russia (13 points)
19th - ::ceca Central Canada (13 points)
20th - :il: Israel (13 points)
21st - :se: Sweden (11 points)
22nd - :al: Albania (9 points)
23rd - :no: Norway (1 point)

SEMI 2 REJU FULL RESULTS

1st - :de: Germany (53 points)
2nd - :ca: Canada (49 points)
3rd - :en: England (45 points)
4th - :us: United States (45 points)
5th - ::gali Galicia (41 points)
6th - :hu: Hungary (38 points) (REJU QUALIFIER)
7th - ::scia Scania (35 points)
8th - :lv: Latvia (35 points)
9th - :paci: Pacific States (34 points)
10th - :ro: Romania (31 points)
11th - :fr: France (29 points)
12th - ::xinj Xinjiang (29 points)
13th - :tr: Türkiye (28 points)
14th - :eg: Egypt (27 points)
15th - :hr: Croatia (26 points)
16th - Veneto (24 points)
17th - :is: Iceland (22 points)
18th - :fo: Faroe Islands (15 points)
19th - ::queb Québec (14 points)
20th - :susa: Southern USA (9 points)
21st - ::berl Berlin (9 points)
22nd - Côte d'Ivoire (0 points)

John1

BernadetteCydonia

This is quite possibly the smoothest hosting I've ever done, ever. In the other forum people know me for far longer than all of you do, and they always complain that I take my time during hosting (derogatory). I've since opted to fix this problem by preparing notepads with the text and postings in advance so that I make things up more efficiently in time and don't take 10 minutes on typing up something.

Yes, there were brief problems with timezones, and me whining that barely anyone tried guessing the Semifinal 1 qualifiers trivia, and some Brazilian named Vanessa squatted the WorldVision Live Listening room and Modvision not being present didn't allow the queue to be locked (and so we had a jolly merry good time over at Merio's room instead), and things like adding links to banners took time, but for a regular hosting of mine in anything I've seen less complaints over in here than I did over at the other forum, and that's relieving. For once.

What doesn't relieve me are the results, but that's a whole different story.

:8: :ro:
:7: :dk:
:6: :en: :us: (and now kiss you two)
:3: :de: :tr:
:2: ::gali ::gota :no: :ru:

The sole reason I sent "Signorino" by SANTI FRANCESI, arguably my favourite song of theirs (besides "Occhi tristi"), so early; was because I wanted to let you all cherish them ahead of Sanremo, but y'all NQ'd them for possibly being too commercially in the middle - good, but not as great as I found the song to be; therefore, not wowing. This would've definitely been avoided had I won earlier and put them as a host entry, such as the case was here with "E poi finisco per amarti", which I did, and I'm happy I was able to without it facing the semifinal, otherwise it would've ended up in the same awkward position as "Signorino", but much worse. And frankly I didn't even know what to expect with that song in terms of placing, maybe I just wanted to go through the motions and see what happens. Last place is still a bummer though, but I got more than enough points to make me realize that maybe it resonated with some people. Maybe. And here I was, thinking it would have flopped way harder.

Congratulations to The Doggo hjarnskakning, idk if that's your first win here but I suggest you should cherish it as it was. Cheers Amir, you went on as far as you did as well and the LLs were really raving about your song, always claimed it to be as the winner more times than for any other song of this edition (with counting John1 saying that to literally every other song that it's "winner", but he was alone in some cases, so yeah). :tr: had an impressive finish, guess it really was the Pot A/B oasis some clung to; so gratz to Journalist as well for that! God bless Hungary for landing inside the Place of Real Winners - I didn't think much of that song at the beginning until it kind of grew one me a bit and now I can appreciate it for what it is. Impressive finishes for ::brit:au::fi: as well.

And I'd really like to highlight :us: and :en: robberies, in the sense of neither of them being in top 10, what the actual hell y'all? Yes, there were chances we could've gone to France actually because this also had a significant lot of LL rave attributed to it, but I think that :us: deserved all the flowers enough for a top 10 finish, too. And :en: made me realize that maybe I'm a whore sucker for charming longsome voices doing sad Western-type of ballad/midtempo songs that are injected with enough melancholy - while it's not Archive, I'll take this a whole lot too. Great choices, Kai and Merio.
+ shoutouts to Grinch and Edweis for great songs that have fallen by the wayside; maybe Tool needed a better semifinal to stand out, and Tohoku should've stood out in their semi, that's a robbery that is hard to forgive, ngl.

So yeah, hosting WV was fun, maybe I want to do it again, but it will massively depend on if I ever find a "Young Forever" type of success story first and foremost; and also, if I'm busy! I wasn't particularly busy in this time period, although it did eat up a chunk of the time I was supposed to devote to studying, and there were events like unexpected ballet attendance and me going to a festival in the city + one free concert, but they were as enjoyable as me hosting, let me assure you. I'm just trying to see if the future hands me a job opportunity, or another school, or me having to repeat my photography exam endlessly for money. Then - we'll see. I just hope that in the future Egypt hosts the WV 187, yeah?

For everyone who made it until the end of all that longpost - congratulations. You earned it.
Thanks for everything.
Pack your bags for leaving Avellino and into your next summer vacation destination, I salute you for your stay, until then...

p.s.: Excel

Leydan

Super Moderator
Staff member
Such a top 3, congratulations! Well done :eg: Hjarn on your first victory and (someone correct me if i'm wrong) on Africas first victory as well. Congrats :il: and :tr: rounding out the top 3, super thrilled for you both after a number of poor results. Well deserved. xheart

Thank you Bernadette for hosting. You've done a fantastic job, the graphics, timing, results show was magnificently done. It's been a very enjoyable edition.

BernadetteCydonia

Well done :eg: Hjarn on your first victory and (someone correct me if i'm wrong) on Africas first victory as well.

I'm going through a list of all the winners edition by edition and so far I haven't seen any African winner country/region either (I'm up to Edition 68 or something)

theditz83

Veteran
Congrats :eg: xclap And great to see my top 2 in the other podium spots, bravo :il: and :tr: xclap

Thanks for not blanking Loreen Semi 1 peeps - looks like I was definitely drawn luckily this time around, 3rd last in Reju is atrocious! Qualifying with Loreen and Forever was already a win for me, so appreciate every single person that supported this utter delicious tune in this edition xlove

:12: :west: :mk: :tr: :ro:
:10: :au:
:8: :ru:
:7: :al:
:5: ::queb
:4: ::mazo ::gota
:3: :nl: :dk:
:1: ::brit Veneto ::toho

EurovisionSmile

Veteran
Congratulations @hjarnskakning on winning the country for the very first time with :eg:. It's a lovely winner. It got 5 points from me in the semi and is comfortably in my top 15. ;)

Also, big (y) for all your lovely work as a host this time, @BernadetteCydonia . xheart

On the other a huge thanks to these following countries and nations for their points. xhug xrose

JAPAN 2 xheart
CENTRAL CANADA 12 xheart xheart xheart
CANADA 6 xheart
ICELAND 12 xheart xheart xheart
DENMARK 6 xheart
CROATIA 3 xheart
NORTH MACEDONIA 2 xheart
UNITED KINGDOM 12 xheart xheart xheart
ENGLAND 6 xheart
MAZOVIA 12 xheart xheart xheart
GERMANY 7 xheart
LATVIA 12 xheart xheart xheart
BELGIUM 1 xheart
GREECE 10 xheart xheart
SVEALAND 10 xheart xheart
GALICIA 4 xheart
AUSTRALIA 1 xheart

XINJIANG 5 xheart

EurovisionSmile

Veteran
Here are my votes in the semi-finals that reflect the usual little changes here and there

SF 1

12 ::brit BRITTANY
10 :svea: SVEALAND
08 :dk: DENMARK
07 :gr: GREECE
06 ::mazo MAZOVIA
05 :ru: RUSSIA
04 :se: SWEDEN
03 :uk: UNITED KINGDOM
02 :be: BELGIUM
01 :au: AUSTRALIA

SF 2- REJU

12 :de: GERMANY
10 ::gali GALICIA
08 :lv: LATVIA
07 :is: ICELAND
06 :ca: CANADA
05 :eg: EGYPT
04 :hr: CROATIA
03 ::scia SCANIA
02 :us: USA

01 :ro: ROMANIA

See you soon! :D

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
I'm gonna do something different this edition and start my post thanking our host Bernadette for everything she's done for us. It was so smooth and a lot of fun. Really appreciated the lovely banners, the semi results show with all the little interesting bits of trivia which were so fun to try and work out, and then I think just your general passion and interest shone through. It felt like you really cared about us which was wonderful. The extra ripe fruits of a long overdue victory were presented to us. Thank you for everything xheart
1080227120548163624.webp
I'm sad it's over. Win again soon, please.

giphy.gif

And of course, congratulations again to Doggo! I had this feeling you had a win in you coming at some point soon after your spin-off slays but I never saw the victory coming with this particular entry. It feels so random in a good way, akin to that time Moomins won. I hope you enjoy the moment!

Big congratulations as well to Mr. Amir :> Oh my, a silver medal. Hope it lifts your WorldVision spirits xheart And also I'm so happy to see Journalist get a medal with their catchy Turkish bop. You've had I think such unfair bad luck here recently so it's great to see Diamonds do so well. It was a big grower for me in this final and stood out so magnificently xheya

:us: 12th - 115 Points
:12: :it: :be:
:10: :west: :hr: :neus:
:8: :se:
:7: :susa:
:6: :nl: :de: ::berl ::ceca Côte D’ivoire
:5: :tr:
:4: :mk:
:3: ::brit :fo:
:2: :coffee:
:1: ::xinj

Lastly, I'm glad so many of you enjoyed this Micah McLaurin song. I'm so thrilled I found his music. I'm actually obsessed at the moment. It was great fun sharing something so fabulous with you all and I'm grateful for such a great result that has way, way exceeded what I expected.

And now we take the bus to Egypt..

giphy.gif

John1

BRITTANY ::brit - 4th, 133 points

:12: :svea: :ca: :cy: ::scia ::toho
:10: :fi:
:8: ::mazo :lv:
:7: ::ceca
:6: :gr: ::xinj
:5: :il: ::gota
:4: :al:
:3: ::gali :neus:
:2: :eg: :it: :nl:
:1: :is: :se:

What can I say? It has been a very tough journey for me to enter with a rather risky entry in Breton language, with no videoclip or aesthetically-pleasing visualizer or whatever, adding way more to the uncertainty on how well this song would be acclaimed by the WV audience or not. Knowing that, I'm pleasantly surprised to see that not only Ahès ended up being my best placement since my 2nd place with :lu: a few months ago, but also my best result with Brittany so far.

I didn't expect to get that many 12s and much more support from y'all in the grand final than in my semi. Overall, I assume that it was bold for me to go down a more emotional route for my song pick this time around. This gave me even more determination to snatch a win very soon with ::brit and cancel my plans for a switch for now.

And a special shout-out to @BernadetteCydonia for hosting this edition so marvellously. Once again, all my congratulations go to @hjarnskakning for making :eg: fantastic. This track record has, so far, been nothing but immaculate without any flops spotted in sight.

Amir

Veteran
Big congrats to Egypt, one of the few entries I liked won. So that’s great!
Thank you very much for a wonderful silver medal for :il: during times like this xheart
It makes me very happy, and honestly hosting would be rather difficult for me so 2nd place is wonderful. Thanks a lot to everyone who votes for Israel and also big thanks for the great hosting xcheer

JSSArcos

What a great show and edition! Many thanks to the host, an incredible job.

Congratulations Egypt, I liked it, but the edition was strong and I wasn't so inclined towards that type of music when I voted, yet I think it's a pretty good winner.

::gali Very happy with my 9th place. I love Filas de Cassandra, one of the bands that made me choose Galicia. However, there are so many songs I would like to send that I ended up postponing the choice. Who knows, maybe we can see them in the contest again in the future. Thank you to everyone who supported our entry. xheartxhug

See you in Egypt, I hope. Have a great month, everyone.xcheers

Top Bottom