Contact us

NORTHEASTERN USA 🗽 WV190 🌃 Is it me, is it you?

Gera11

WorldVision Mod 🌻
Staff member

T1UM378.png

see also
VOLUME I: PACIFIC BLUES

Last edited:

Aditya

Re: Northeastern United States ✰ WV 55 ✰ Sufjan Stevens - TBA

The entry has been chosen... and here is a hint!

Aditya

Northeastern United States' Artist for WorldVision 56 Announced

lisbeth1.jpg

Following several days of deliberation, National Public Radio (NPR) has announced the results of the internal selection for the artist who will represent the Northeastern United States in WorldVision 56, to be held in Düsseldorf, Germany.

After several editions of dominance in internal selections from NPR's New York City member stations, NPR chose the submission from WGBH -- the member station from Boston, Massachusetts: they chose Austin Wintory feat. Lisbeth Scott, with a track from their 2012 collaboration on the soundtrack for Journey.

Austin Wintory, hailing from Denver, Colorado, is an American composer who composes scores for films and video games. Having composed more than 300 scores since 2003, Wintory is particularly famous for his scores for the acclaimed video games flOw and Journey; the latter score was nominated for a Grammy for Best Score Soundtrack for Visual Media, the first ever nomination for a video game.

Lisbeth Scott is a very successful singer from Boston, Massachusetts who has appeared on many albums and soundtracks since making her debut in 1994. Films and video games which she has appeared on include: Spider-Man (2002), The Last Samurai (2003), King Arthur (2004), Kingdom of Heaven (2005), The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (2005), Munich, Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith (2005), Avatar (2009), & Journey (2012).

While the winning song will not be revealed until the contest begins, NPR invites all to comment on this entry choice, as well as to suggest any potential entries you would like to see from the Northeastern United States in the future!​

Aditya

Northeastern United States' Artist for WorldVision 58 Announced

305px-Halsey_LA_%282%29.PNG

Following several days of deliberation, National Public Radio (NPR) has announced the results of the internal selection for the artist who will represent the Northeastern United States in WorldVision 58, to be held in a yet to be determined location.

Continuing last edition's trend of choosing a non-New York City based artist, NPR determined that Halsey, hailing from Washington, New Jersey, would be the region's representative for WorldVision 58.

The 21-year old singer recently released her debut album Badlandsjust this past August. That album charted in the top-10 in the United States, Belgium, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the Netherlands, and Ireland as well as #13 in Sweden. Halsey has also collaborated with other artists as well; one of the better songs on Justin Bieber's latest album is a collaboration with the New Jersey native.

While the winning song will not be revealed until the contest begins, NPR invites all to comment on this entry choice, as well as to suggest any potential entries you would like to see from the Northeastern United States in the future!​

Aditya

Re: Northeastern United States ✰ WV 55 ✰ Austin Wintory (feat. Lisbeth Scott)

As a note, I've changed my artist for WV57... it's another New Yorker (myself hailing from the suburbs of NYC means I have some regional bias :p) and you may have heard of them. :D

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
Re: Northeastern United States ✰ WV 56 ✰ Austin Wintory (feat. Lisbeth Scott) (WV57 Artist Announced)

Not Halsey :D :D :D

Aditya

Re: Northeastern United States ✰ WV 56 ✰ Austin Wintory (feat. Lisbeth Scott) (WV57 Artist Announced)

Not Halsey :D :D :D

Half the people I know (who I discuss music with) dislike her, and the other half like her :D (My twin absolutely cannot stand her :D).

Aditya

Northeastern United States' Artist for WorldVision 57 Announced

lana-del-rey-honeymoon.jpg

Following several days of deliberation, National Public Radio (NPR) has announced the results of the internal selection for the artist who will represent the Northeastern United States in WorldVision 57, to be held in a yet to be determined location.

This particular singer has been debated by the NPR WorldVision committee on a few occasions in the past. While they were unable to convince NPR back then to send them to the contest, they proved to be a persuasive individual and finally won the hearts of the selection committee. NPR is proud to announce that Lana Del Rey will be representing the region in WorldVision 57.

The Lake Placid, New York-born singer has been noted for her cinematic style, with references to pop culture, particularly 1950s and 1960s Americana interspersed throughout her work. Del Rey first received recognition after the release of her major-label debut Born to Die January 2012; she built upon that recognition with the release of an EP, Paradise in November 2012 which brought her a Grammy nomination for Best Vocal Pop Album. The singer has continued to release successful work, with 2014's Ultraviolence and 2015's Honeymoon peaking at #1 and #2 in the United States respectively.

Aditya

Would anyone be interested if I hold a national final for Lana Del Rey? I can't decide which song of hers to send, and I'd like some additional opinions. :p

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar

Her songs are very hit-or-miss for me and, it seems, for a lot of people, so I actually think an NF isn't a bad idea.

Krishoes

Would anyone be interested if I hold a national final for Lana Del Rey? I can't decide which song of hers to send, and I'd like some additional opinions. :p

Please do it xpray Lana Del Rey is one of my fave artist, I would like to vote in her NF! xlove

Aditya

Soundcheck 57

Hello, and welcome to NPR's first national final for WorldVision! NPR has been in close collaboration with Lana Del Rey over the last few days, and has finally decided which four songs of Del Rey's extensive discography will participate in a national final, to be held on NPR's weekly music program: Soundcheck.

So, without further ado, let's here the songs!​

The Songs:

Spotify Playlist
(Each song is also linked on YouTube, above).

The Songs:
To vote, please send me (Aditya) a PM with your votes by this Sunday 13 December, at 18:00 CET. The votes should be in the format: (12, 8, 4, 1).​

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
Re: Northeastern United States ✰ WV 56 ✰ Austin Wintory (feat. Lisbeth Scott) (WV57 NF Underway)

My two favorite of her songs are both there xheat

ShoeFlo

Re: Northeastern United States ✰ WV 56 ✰ Austin Wintory (feat. Lisbeth Scott) (WV57 NF Underway)

NF hype continues :lol:

I will vote soon. I like most songs from Lana xup

By the way, would be nice if you take a look at my National Final: http://www.escunited.com/threads/88...T-MY-NF!-422?p=1526895&viewfull=1#post1526895

I know that you liked several of my songs I sent that's why your opinion is very interesting to me :D

Aditya

Voted:
✰ lavieenrose
✰ Krishoes

xcheer

Aditya

NF hype continues :lol:

I will vote soon. I like most songs from Lana xup

By the way, would be nice if you take a look at my National Final: http://www.escunited.com/threads/88...T-MY-NF!-422?p=1526895&viewfull=1#post1526895

I know that you liked several of my songs I sent that's why your opinion is very interesting to me :D

I'll try to vote tomorrow; my semester's classes end tomorrow so I "just" have to study afterwards :D (:cry:)

Aditya

Voted:
✰ lavieenrose
✰ Krishoes
✰ Aditya
✰ whiteshoes​

xcheer

Aditya

Two songs are battling it out for the win at the moment. With things heating up, anything can still happen. :D

Aditya

Thanks to all who voted for :neus: this edition; I may have flopped in the final but since I didn't expect to get there in the first place, I'm still happy with this edition's result. :D

:12:
:10: ::brit
:8: :de:
:7:
:6:
:5: ::uusi :is: :sc:
:4: ::atti :svea: :lv:
:3: ::ista :id: :se:
:2: ::pugl :dk: :paci: :ma:
:1: ::newy :uk:

One thing that I'd really appreciate, if you have the time, is to vote in our ongoing WV57 national final featuring Lana Del Rey. xcheer

JamieBrown

This was the biggest grower from the semis to the final to me. Would've been an easy 12 in so many editions :|

Carrie

Oh my gosh, I love Lana! xheartxheart

Top Bottom