Contact us

Kordavian Islands - <NSC 232> - Dorothy - »What's Coming To Me«

Avalon

re: SmileyLand - WLSC 55 --- Epica --- "Storm The Sorrow"

Nice song, but I like the authentic version of Ann Christy more :3

AdelAdel

Nice song, but I like the authentic version of Ann Christy more :3

What do you mean "authentic version"? :?
"The Rose" is B. Midler's song.

Avalon

xshock I really don't know why I wrote 'authentic' but I meant 'other'

/being tired..

Sahistul

Your previous song was waay better ;)

CypriotGirl

Veteran

I prefer Mylène too xsnooty

"The winner takes it all" is not among my favorite songs of ABBA.

Oh, do you have Belarus syndrome too? :eek:

AdelAdel

I noticed that for some reason I deleted that one Mylene Farmer song from my playlist whereas the Abba song is still there, so yeah, good decision xrofl3

Celia

I don't know which Mylene's song it was before but this one is absolutely gorgeous xbowxbow

EurovisionSmile

Veteran

I prefer Mylène too xsnooty

"The winner takes it all" is not among my favorite songs of ABBA.

Oh, do you have Belarus syndrome too? :eek:

No xrofl as I've explained, I forgot it was time to have an overplayed song, you know I have them every 2 editions. xsnooty :lol:

EurovisionSmile

Veteran

Hey, SmileyLand is officially out of NSC. I thought it would be correct to post some stuff here to make things clear and everybody to understand my reasons:

I've got to a point where there's too much for me to handle in the forum. I've got the BIG TOURNAMENT which is pretty intensive to me and for obvious reasons it is my priority. I feel terribly sad for leaving, I don't deny it, but I had to make an option. Yesterday all the details about not voting on time and expressing my opinion about the ddl and stuff made me realize that for some reason people think that I was trying to show my 'superpowers' (:lol:) when the only issue here was expressing an opinion to what all WLers concerns, not only me. I would NEVER ask to be treated differently just because I'm a moderator. I think most of the people know me a little bit more than that.

As a moderator I had and will have to take part in decisions in this forum. There's no way of skipping it. But I always liked to separate stuff, I don't see myself as the moderator, I never addressed myself personally to anyone as that, but always as EurovisionSmile/Luis. I'm sorry if some people have failed to notice that. I don't feel more or less for being a moderator in this forum. I've got my responsibilities and duties here that I won't skip only to avoid being seen as this or that.

Rules are there to be followed, nothing wrong about expressing a personal point of view about them. I usually do it in WV, I really don't see why I couldn't do it here. :) However the only responsible for not voting on time was mine and I accept and face the fact. I was still on time to vote, but I had a dinner with a friend and I didn't vote in a rush. I like listening to the songs carefully and decided not to vote at all to avoid being unfair in ranking the songs.

I love NSC as much as I love WV. I always said that publicly and in private. They are different contests. To what NSC concerns, its concept is great, the songs in the finals have been great and I've learned a lot about myself and the way I can see music in general, with people with different taste, showing me (some really awesome) songs I didn't know at all (at this point even more than in WV) and it was an awesome experience and congrats to all the members for going beyond overhyped songs and showing new stuff to others.

I wish people coud drop their weapons and celebrate music instead of criticizing/teasing others for the most ridiculous details, which is currently happening, but here there's what some would call 'freedom of speech', (and this is certainly not the mod talking, but the member who accepts that is part of the forum's activity) and people who don't exactly like that (like me) should simply deal with it or leave. So here's the second reason for leaving. :)

So, the best of luck to all the Nations in this great contest. NSCers/WLers! :D It was nice taking part in NSC, as a regular voter and fan, and also in the WLSC.

xwave ESmile/Luis :D

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member

Aw, Luis! xcry1 Please stay. I understand if The Big Tournament is taking up all your time and that's a valid enough excuse to want to leave, but please don't leave on account of all the other trivial issues. Maybe in a couple of days you'll feel differently? xpray xrunhug xrose

Top Bottom